Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

Post by BobbyPires7 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:36 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:14 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:43 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:14 pm

What because the bookies cut their odds. :D :D :D

The people who bet on these platforms are punters not legal experts. They should be relegated, they won't be. There will be a half way house which means they keep their trophies but end up with a deduction that won't harm their PL status.
Eh???

Are you referring to my remark about Paddy Power?

If so, I assume you haven’t seen the asterisk ad that somebody posted on here earlier today. I was referring to that, not betting odds.

As for any punishment for City, you’re reiterating my point, that most of us fear it will be inconsequential. I just hope Bob is right.
Don't be so paranoid, It was a response to general comments on this thread. A few people have referenced the odds.

I do agree with inconsequential punishments, might keep them out of the top 4 for a season, that's it. As I have said before a relegation would cost this country billions in trade/jobs.
As per usual not a lot of substance to your claims. You are telling me a country that claims not to own City (they claim it is a private enterprise) would cut off all trade with the UK if City were punished? Surely that would simply prove the point of all this? It would prove that the state owns City or at least heavily influences it. Wouldn’t be a very clever move and would make the UAE leadership look very very silly. “Oh we don’t have anything to do with City. All their sponsorship is legit. Oh you’ve punished us. We are now withdrawing 100% of our limited trade with the UK to cut our nose off to spite our face. Oh and in the process we have proved your point that City are controlled as a Sportswashing exercise by Abu Dhabi.” :lol:

PS - the below link details the trade inflow and outflow. Not entirely clear how it would cost billions in trade and jobs to be honest. We do a bit of this and a bit of that with the UAE. As I say, they would need to cut us off and not sure why they would do that. Both economically and politically and would be an odd move.

https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral- ... artner/are
Bobby do some research on the matter rather than take soundbites as gospel. City is owned by a Sovereign Wealth fund, originally referenced to as ADUG (Abi Dhabi United Group). ADUG by definition is owned by the UAE government of which Sheikh Mansour is part of. Etihad Airlines funnily enough is owned under another investment structure, also owned by the UAE government.

No room for financial shenanigans there then?

My comments about the punishment, may be right they may be wrong. But if you follow whats happened so far it seems to fit the bill.

And as for international trade, it was worth £25bn between the UK and UAE before Covid, you can be sure it's more now. So its not inconsequential. Mansour has redeveloped large parts of Manchester near their ground, if you went up there back in the day it was an utter shithole.
Obviously we all know that City is owned by the state. It’s something they deny, but it’s a Sportswashing enterprise. My point is that if they were to effectively sanction the UK over something like this, doesn’t that actually prove the point here? It would prove that City is run by the state. And therefore it would legitimise the punishment. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun. Very odd if they did that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:11 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:10 pm
Looking increasingly like Bob's right, because things are suddenly starting be said, when until now it's been a virtual eerie silence. Can't get over the PP ad.

So, at least it's being discussed, but the real doubt that most of us on here have is that the degree of punishment will be any more than an inconsequential fine and a minor verbal rebuke. Hope we're wrong and that Bob is right.

The people who bet on these platforms are punters not legal experts. They should be relegated, they won't be. There will be a half way house which means they keep their trophies but end up with a deduction that won't harm their PL status.
Eh???

If so, I assume you haven’t seen the asterisk ad that somebody posted on here earlier today. I was referring to that, not betting odds.

As for any punishment for City, you’re reiterating my point, that most of us fear it will be inconsequential. I just hope Bob is right.
Don't be so paranoid, It was a response to general comments on this thread. A few people have referenced the odds.

I do agree with inconsequential punishments, might keep them out of the top 4 for a season, that's it. As I have said before a relegation would cost this country billions in trade/jobs.
Who's being paranoid now :lol:

I was in the local antique shop yesterday listening to Artemis spread his usual gossip when he gave me this snippet of info in a very strange manner, looking over his shoulder first, leaning in way too close for comfort and actually cupping my ear, he whispered "if city get relegated WWIII Will be inevitable"

I might have misheard him though because it also sounded like "Bob and Nuts are full of shit"

:rubchin: :lol:

Only joking boys.

My local antique dealers name is Bartholomew.
:coffeespit:

Best post on this shitshow of a thread. :lol: 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Looking increasingly like Bob's right, because things are suddenly starting be said, when until now it's been a virtual eerie silence. Can't get over the PP ad.

So, at least it's being discussed, but the real doubt that most of us on here have is that the degree of punishment will be any more than an inconsequential fine and a minor verbal rebuke. Hope we're wrong and that Bob is right.

Eh???

Bullshit. No paranoia here mate, you were clearly referring to my mention of Paddy Power and as usual you got things wrong.

If it was a general response to others mentioning betting odds, then why link it to my post? It's ok to get things wrong (and you should know), but better to just acknowledge it and not make yourself look even more daft.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:11 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Eh???

Bullshit. No paranoia here mate, you were clearly referring to my mention of Paddy Power and as usual you got things wrong.

If it was a general response to others mentioning betting odds, then why link it to my post? It's ok to get things wrong (and you should know), but better to just acknowledge it and not make yourself look even more daft.
Blimey, you really are up yourself aren't you. I've told you what I meant, if you don't believe it, not my problem.

I could imagine what it would be like going for a pre match beer with fans like you, what a bundle of laughs that would be, not.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Eh???

I was in the local antique shop yesterday listening to Artemis spread his usual gossip when he gave me this snippet of info in a very strange manner, looking over his shoulder first, leaning in way too close for comfort and actually cupping my ear, he whispered "if city get relegated WWIII Will be inevitable"

I might have misheard him though because it also sounded like "Bob and Nuts are full of shit"

Only joking boys.

:shock:

Not "The" Bartholomew!!?? Ye Gods.... I didn't know he also was in the Antiques Trade!

Due to the nature of his martyrdom, Bartholomew is the patron saint of tanners, plasterers, tailors, leatherworkers, bookbinders, farmers, housepainters, butchers, and glove makers.

Oh! And Gooners! :D

In works of art (St) Bartholomew has been depicted being skinned by tanners, as in Guido da Siena's reliquary of Saints.

or as once written "reliquiarium ossium Iesu et alia pulvisculi sacri"

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Eh???

Only joking boys.

:coffeespit:

Best post on this shitshow of a thread. :lol: 8)
:lol:

Thank you kind sir, tbh it's probably just as insightful :wink: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

115 centimeters is the average height of the detractors on this thread. :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:43 pm
Or the number of premier league players that live in your village :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
I’d put it at about 7 or 8 tops. A lunchtime walk will very often see you bump in to one. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:09 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:11 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Eh???

Blimey, you really are up yourself aren't you. I've told you what I meant, if you don't believe it, not my problem.

I could imagine what it would be like going for a pre match beer with fans like you, what a bundle of laughs that would be, not.

More nonsense. What is "up myself" in my last post, calling you out? You always try to be clever and have a dig at posts I make. That's fine, I can handle that, but when you habitually make a mug of yourself as you did above, then you look an even bigger mug by telling lies. You were quite obviously referring to my post and that's clear to everyone who reads it. You had no idea that I was referring to the PP ad about the asterisk and fuck all about betting odds...we all make mistakes, but best to shut up when you're tumbled.

As for going for a beer, I think that might be best avoided.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
:coffeespit: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Bobby, but if we were in prison you'd be Lefty's bitch right now. :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:59 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
:coffeespit: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Bobby, but if we were in prison you'd be Lefty's bitch right now. :lol: :wink:
He’d be my cleaner pal.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I guessed that it will end up a 20 pointish deduction + seven figure sum fine the other day. To be honest if the best the suits can can come up with is a 20-30 point deduction I’d rather they just dont bother at all. It would be an insult to all the clubs they’ve stolen League titles and CL places from over the cheating period. The worst thing of all is that their fans would actually probably welcome the excitement of a fake relegation battle caused by 30 point deduction (before ending up mid table on 50+ points) over the excitement of another 90+ point campaign. It would also play to their sense of victimhood, despite not receiving a punishment nearly fitting the crime. The absolute minimum just punishment is relegation to the Championship - they’d be back the next year of course, but it would be a fitting if short lived humiliation at least, and not so easily brushed off as “just a minor accounting error” or whatever. A better sort of justice would be voiding multiple titles - no need to redistribute them - PLUS a season or two season long transfer ban PLUS a nine figure fine (which could be paid over 3 or 4 seasons if necessary). That would be justice, but will never happen.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

According to oddschecker Manchester City are now just 25/1 to be relegated next season.
Interestingly that site also shows the most popular bets that there have been.

2 out of every 3 bets in that market have been put on City to go down.

I think as has been mentioned on here the pressure needs to be ramped up next season - with banners, posters at all grounds where City travel to. how realistic that will be I have my doubts to be honest. It is one thing protesting about what is going on at your club - quite another about what is going on at ANOTHER club.