Santa Cruz - who wants him?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:I agree to a point 88 i think ade is a good striker and wanted him to stay but with the goings on this summer and his shitty press conference where he said he would stay only to so he wasnt sure in the next interview i dont see how he can stay, not sure the fans will react well to him for a start
I understand that point of view Flash, but I think people make mistakes, and I take the majority of what Ade has said and done, with a pinch of salt. He may want to play for Milan or Barca, and earn £100k a week, but you don't always get what you want in life, and it may be a hard lesson for him, but one that may be the making of the man.

He's a young guy, who is probably surrounded by bad influences...such as money hungry agents, family and friends..and you can bet your life that those sneeky little roddents at Milan and Barca, who have no quarms about tapping up players under contract, will be whispering into Ade's ear about the fame and fortunes that await him at their clubs. Unfortunately, he's had his head turned.

Now he's back at Arsenal, you might find that his team mates and especially Wenger, will be talking to him, and trying to convince him to stay. They might suceed,and they might not...time will tell, but I for one, haven't quite given up on him yet.

However, I just hope it's sorted out soon, as the season is only 3 weeks away now, and if he is to be sold, then we need a replacement quickly! :?

ko king

Post by ko king »

snap him up off blakburn,

snap anyne up!! weneed bigger squad

as for addy staying, we will see if he plays any part in our first champs.l game!!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

ko king wrote:snap him up off blakburn,

as for addy staying, we will see if he plays any part in our first champs.l game!!!!
Adse may well be staying but will his heart be in Barcelona like Thierry"s was in his last season with us.Never keep a player who doesnt want to play for the club.Bet he gets an injury before the CL qualifier and leaves on transfer deadline day :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

donaldo wrote:
ko king wrote:snap him up off blakburn,

Adse may well be staying but will his heart be in Barcelona like Thierry"s was in his last season with us.Never keep a player who doesnt want to play for the club.Bet he gets an injury before the CL qualifier and leaves on transfer deadline day :banghead:

Thats wenger's line but yet ade is still here :? And what is worse he will still be here on sept 1st :banghead:
If they flog him at the last minute on deadline then, as many have said on here already, somebodys head should be on the chopping block :x
I like and admire what villa say they are going to do (of course they have to back it up with action) re garth barry - if the scousers stall much longer then they will play him in european competition thus ruling him out for champs lge. I know some might say that could affect us too but to be honest I never really felt we were interested in buying barry

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Augie

I cant see Ade staying.Can you imagine if we get off to a bad start and God forbid we failed to qualify for the CL.He will be the first one running to the press saying he wants to leave in january.He is a time bomb ready to go off.Arsenal havent said he is not for sale they have said he can go for the right price(£35m)Well lower that price to £20m and get shot of him.We dont need him disrupting the dressing room.It amazes me some Gooners want him to stay after all the trouble he has caused this summer :banghead: :banghead:

REB

Post by REB »

i hope wenger has a plan for all this, for the sake of arsenal football club i wish the *word censored* would just leave now before the season gets under way, cl games not that far off :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

donaldo wrote:Augie

I cant see Ade staying.Can you imagine if we get off to a bad start and God forbid we failed to qualify for the CL.He will be the first one running to the press saying he wants to leave in january.He is a time bomb ready to go off.Arsenal havent said he is not for sale they have said he can go for the right price(£35m)Well lower that price to £20m and get shot of him.We dont need him disrupting the dressing room.It amazes me some Gooners want him to stay after all the trouble he has caused this summer :banghead: :banghead:

Donaldo I agree 100% with everything you have said(except the bit where the club has said that he can go cos I dont think they did). I am not one of those fans that want him to stay but I feel we have placed a woefully excessive price tag on his head and have scared off any possible suitors now. I dont think we can afford to lose face and go back to these clubs saying we are now lowering our demands so it pains me to say it but I think he is staying though I dearly hope to be wrong on this one

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Adse may well be staying but will his heart be in Barcelona like Thierry"s was in his last season with us.
wasn't Henry our second top scorer despite all the injuries?

Jimmythecuckoo

Post by Jimmythecuckoo »

Speaking of Santa Cruz.

Whatever happen to "The Thrills" ?

IAMTHEGOONER

Post by IAMTHEGOONER »

I am one of the fans who would like to Ade leave( at the right price) but what i am fearful of, is him fucking of to Barca on august the 31st and we havent signed anyone. What fucking good is 25/30 million if you cant spend it. We would then have to wait until the janurary transfer window to buy someone. Every summer big clubs around the world get hype of new players coming to the club big names like van nistleroot who went to real madrid henry to barca shevchenko to chelski what do we get we a no namer who we have to google to find out who the fuck he is. And it usually turns out to be a 14 year old wonder kid FOR THE FUTURE. Every year the future is getting further away. Mr Wenger needs to be ruthless spend a bit of cash and buy a big name with a big reputation and a proven record in scoring goal.

ko king

Post by ko king »

has cruz said hewants to leaveblack burn????

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

augie wrote:Wouldnt be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice even. We cannot point at ade as a one season wonder and then ignore the fact that prior to last season santa cruz was nowhere near prolific either and should be still classed as a one season wonder until he proves otherwise.
i agree wit ya too - he had many injury prone years at munich where he failed to lvie up to his potential, managing an average of like 5 goals per season.

having said that he did well to score 20 odd goals at a team like blackburn, but then again look at benni mccarthy last season, he had one good season then went shit.

personally, id liek to see mutu at arsenal, im impressed by him and i dont give a shit about any prior issues with peruvian marching powder!

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

donaldo wrote:Augie

It amazes me some Gooners want him to stay after all the trouble he has caused this summer :banghead: :banghead:
alleged troubel he has caused i might add. we are living in ana ge where loyalty has gone out the window. unless you supported the club as a boy or have come up through the ranks and play for a relative successful team then the chances are you will look for a bigger move. From ade's perspective, he has no affiliation with us, barca, one of the bigest teams in the world want him, wil prob pay him stupid money, and he prob thinks they'll be shouting his name, when in fact it will be messi's.

if you were a kid in africa with fuck all and had an opportunity to cash in, you would prob do the same. i dontmrespect him for doin it, i think if he has been sayin what the papers say he ahs been doin, that he is a wanker, but i still think he was an extremely integral part of our season and responsible for a lot of our points.

this is going off the point slightly, but to an extent clubs are to blame. Clubs are that loyal either, as roy keane pointed out. Pro a bad example, but ashley cole:

came through our ranks, nurtured hm, made him the player he is, wenger turned him into the best left back in the world, and then he watches the board bend over backwards or henry (and rightly so) and then he asks for a pay rise and they offer 55k instead of 60k. DEspite him being a *word censored* and us all saying its only 5k differance, to treat a player that was as important as he is like that is a little unfair to say the least.

simialrly pires, one year contract - if he had been given two, we could most certainly have done with him last season.

final note: i still think coles a *word censored* before you start suggesting im bacing what he did.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I'd take santa cruz like a shot
also he's not a *word censored* at all apparently
lives a very modest life sends most of his wonga at home
apparently arrived with a poncho and a guitar and said that was all he needed