Now Freddie has gone it is time for a new striker

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northerngooner

Now Freddie has gone it is time for a new striker

Post by northerngooner »

I dont care about what AW has said in the press recently, there is now a definite need for a new striker. The only real replacement down the left for Freddie is Eduardo as he has admitted himself that he is no out and out goalscorer.

AW it is head out of the sand time now, we need a proven goalscorer to help RVP and cover Adebayor when he goes to the ACN in January or we will well and truly be in the shite.

For those that say Diaby could do a job on the left, that is all he will do, a job, he wont set the world alite and he will be wasted. Maybe Theo could slot in but I still think he is a season or so away from fitting in well enough for a regular starting spot.

Still we have plenty of time left in the transfer window but only 20 days to kick off and things are still looking a little thin on the ground.

Fingers crossed i think.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Another couple of signings would be nice but not players who are going to back up the reservers and get a start in 3 years time.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I don't think we need a replacement for Fredddie. His depature will pave the way for Walcott.