Arsene Whinger

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

So someone is agreeing with me on this subject?#

Fuck me ol' boots! 8) :lol: :lol:

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

tinpot lane wrote:
Cesc is God wrote:Don't agree with this. I can accept us being tackled off the pitch but when Delap & Griffin kicked the shite out of us, something is wrong.

All he's doing is critising the way the English play the game and I think we are too thuggish. Our mentality is just plain fuckin stupid to be honest.

I agree Wenger although it doesn't really need to be said every time we get injuries. 8)
which is why england will win nothing :barscarf:
standard! :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Until you stand up to a bully then you are always going to be targeted but of course we have few who are up to the task :cry: All wengers words do is give the players more excuses and more fearful in the same way that when a manager starts talking about his players being tired it starts to affect players mentality :roll: Until wenger starts signing some adams/keowns/vieiras then we are always going to be targetted - deal with it :evil:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I'm all for our beautiful football but to coin an old phrase "You have to earn the right to play".

Our matches with Man.Utd always used to start with Keane, Viera, Scholes, Lauren etc putting in some brusing tackles within the first 10 minutes and only then would the beautiful game as we know it start to happen.

Who in our team is going to be up for that first ten minutes this Saturday?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

K a r e l =] wrote:our side is far from tough. the player with the most steel at our club is senderos, and even he has fucked off! :cry: :lol:
Sagna and Clichy are hard men.

Theo takes his knocks, gets up and never complains.

Cesc gets stuck in.

Toure is no softy.

Who to buy?

Yaya Toure? Possibly.

Could we prise Micah Richards from Man City? Unlikely.

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

QuartzGooner wrote:
K a r e l =] wrote:our side is far from tough. the player with the most steel at our club is senderos, and even he has fucked off! :cry: :lol:
Sagna and Clichy are hard men.

Theo takes his knocks, gets up and never complains.

Cesc gets stuck in.

Toure is no softy.

Who to buy?

:lol: :lol: :roll: now compare them with dixon, winterburn, adams, vieira and parlour. see what i mean? :cry: there not hard, no matter how hard i try and cover it up. altough sagna and clichy are hard in the solid defense way. but thats about it. :banghead: :barscarf:

Yaya Toure? Possibly.

Could we prise Micah Richards from Man City? Unlikely.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

augie wrote:Until you stand up to a bully then you are always going to be targeted but of course we have few who are up to the task :cry: All wengers words do is give the players more excuses and more fearful in the same way that when a manager starts talking about his players being tired it starts to affect players mentality :roll: Until wenger starts signing some adams/keowns/vieiras then we are always going to be targetted - deal with it :evil:
Here Here!

SteveO 35

Re: Arsene Whinger

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wayno wrote:Just heard Arsene on BBC Radio London whingeing about how unfair it is that everyone tackles us hard and that those players that do so are cowards for trying to stop us playing our beautiful football. For fucks sake Wenger grow up :roll: It's a contact sport :banghead: Sort your lightweight team out and and buy a few players who are up for the fucking challenge :twisted:
Well said. When was the last time you heard Ferguson, Benitez or any other top manager moaning about how physical the oppostion are. They simply have players like Terry and Carragher who would eat someone like Fuller (a Championship journeyman) for breakfast

AW's whining makes us sound laughable

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

lorik cana

he said we went for him in the summer a few days ago(cant remember what site i read it on :?

Hard as nails

would kick the fuck out of stoke

Martin Hayes

Post by Martin Hayes »

AW's whining makes us sound laughable
Yes...and childish.

I'm a teacher, and the most badly behaved pupils are those that misbehave, then blame everyone and anyone else for their behaviour, taking no responsibility for their actions.

Sound like anyone, Mr Wenger?

To be honest, when I heard this on the radio, I was embarrassed...

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

The Comments its a Mans Game and its a Contact sport usually comes from people who kick lumps out of people! Rob Styles is the worst ref in the league! he should of booked Sorensen earlier for continous time wasting! RvP wouldnt of react like a Moron as Sorensen would of been sped up! both challenges was late and dileberate the foul on Ade didnt even get a yellow it was at least a yellow!

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

After a stormy clash whit billy shankly in an England vs. Scotland game, Shanks had said:"Copping had done me down the front of my leg. He had burst the stocking - the shin pad was out - and cut my leg....he would have kicked you in your own backyard or in your chair"...first man on tackle doesn't hurt...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Lethal wrote:lorik cana

he said we went for him in the summer a few days ago(cant remember what site i read it on :?

Hard as nails

would kick the fuck out of stoke
Me and Kaqak were on here saying we should buy Cana in April.

Wonder why we did not manage to get him this summer?

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

benglenton wrote:After a stormy clash whit billy shankly in an England vs. Scotland game, Shanks had said:"Copping had done me down the front of my leg. He had burst the stocking - the shin pad was out - and cut my leg....he would have kicked you in your own backyard or in your chair"...first man on tackle doesn't hurt...
thats a 50/50 Challenge neither of Stokes where that

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I agree that our lot need to be harder.

I strongly disagree with the policy of kicking lumps out of players, when there is no attempt to play the ball.

Seems to me that this is what Arsene was saying.

I find it quite laughable that RVP got a red for bundling over a piss-taking goalie, when some really bad intentional fouls didn't merit a yellow. Something is wrong there.

I'm old enough to remember Peter Storey playing. He was one tough bastard. Hard as nails. But he always went for the ball. Which is good and fair.

Intentional nasty fouling is not a good thing for football.

And it wasn't a good thing for Eduardo.