ticket query

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greengooner

ticket query

Post by greengooner »

i have a silver membership and a mate of mine wants me to get a UCL semi ticket for him, now i have no problem with this but the guy is a bit of a flake and i would not trust him with my membership card.
can i buy the ticket online and can he then get a paper ticket on the day from the box office or does my card have to make what is bound to be an alcohol fueled journey across the irish sea probably never to return?

pixie

Post by pixie »

Your card will be activated for the game ......can`t see how you can explain to the box office that you want a paper ticket as someone else will use your ticket, against the rules surely? :?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

pixie wrote:Your card will be activated for the game ......can`t see how you can explain to the box office that you want a paper ticket as someone else will use your ticket, against the rules surely? :?
Pix is right.

pixie

Post by pixie »

What does a lost card cost to replace? Find out and ask for double that as a deposit!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Its £10 I think.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

IF YOU DONT TRUST HIM TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF.

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

northbankbren wrote:IF YOU DONT TRUST HIM TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF.
Exactly!

reelist

Post by reelist »

a mate of mine forgot his card on the day of the game. we were heading down straight after work so he rang the box office up in the morning and they had a paper ticket waiting for him at the box office, holloway road end. i think he had to produce some form of ID though. you could possibly give a bill to your name on it to your mate and get him to blag it.

tel

Post by tel »

Never give your card to anyone you don't trust. Tell him to watch it at home.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

If you have an incling of doubt about trusting someone with your card, don't hand it over. Its not worth the hassle of having to sort out getting a new one with games still left to play.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

sometimes you are charged a tenner for the paper ticket if you don't have your card. sometimes you are not. depends on the attitude of the person who deals with you. cards themselves cost something like £70 to replace, unless you say the card has been stolen in which case you need to provide a crime reference number from the police. i've gone to the box office with an authorisation letter from a gold member that says i should be issued with a paper ticket for their season ticket seat as the member cannot make it and cannot get the card to me either. not sure if that would wash with a silver member. all a bit unpredictable. if the person concerned is a flake, what are you doing offering to get them into what might be the biggest game of the season? i'd call them a glory hunter!!