Big Club???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cusamano

Post by cusamano »

TeeCee wrote:Alas, we stopped being one of the 'big four' a couple of years ago. Yes we get big crowds.....so do Newcastle........ but to be a member of the 'big four' you have to compete with them and we don't do that. 18 points behind the champions tells a story and all the while Wenger is allowed to carry on unabated we won't see much difference.
I agree.
We are not a big club any more.
Big signings need to be made.
AW has to progress...!!!

projoe

Post by projoe »

cusamano wrote:We are not a big club any more.
AW has to progress...!!!
i agree, but how are we gonna make big signings if were not a big club :?: :banghead:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

tinpot lane wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote: As usual, your trying to make an argument out of nothing. What i dont get on here is if you have a viewpoint that isnt the club is rubbish your an "AKB" or a "Rosetinter" - its neither, its an opinion. Those terms are what people who love nothing better than to slag off the club, the manager or the players give to people who dont agree with their viewpoint!
spot on mate

As for Barcelona, at least 5 of their starting line up came through their youth system. :?
And how many of Middlesbrough's team came through their youth system? That in itself isn't enough. :roll:

Just because players come through a club's youth system, it doesn't mean the club is going to automatically have success or that they are going to become great players. It's the quality of the individuals that count and players like Xavi and Iniesta would have come through any club's Academy because they have that something a bit special about them. :lol: :wink:

Rob

Post by Rob »

I Hate Hleb wrote: Just because players come through a club's youth system, it doesn't mean the club is going to automatically have success or that they are going to become great players. It's the quality of the individuals that count and players like Xavi and Iniesta would have come through any club's Academy because they have that something a bit special about them. :lol: :wink:

Just so !

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote: As usual, your trying to make an argument out of nothing. What i dont get on here is if you have a viewpoint that isnt the club is rubbish your an "AKB" or a "Rosetinter" - its neither, its an opinion. Those terms are what people who love nothing better than to slag off the club, the manager or the players give to people who dont agree with their viewpoint!
spot on mate

As for Barcelona, at least 5 of their starting line up came through their youth system. :?
And how many of Middlesbrough's team came through their youth system? That in itself isn't enough. :roll:

Just because players come through a club's youth system, it doesn't mean the club is going to automatically have success or that they are going to become great players. It's the quality of the individuals that count and players like Xavi and Iniesta would have come through any club's Academy because they have that something a bit special about them. :lol: :wink:
Which is exactly why Arsene is investing so much time and effort into the youth.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

We are not a big club anymore?? Get fucked we are the 3rd biggest in England by some distance.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Another difference between our youth policy and Barca's is that we nick alot of ours from European sides. Don't get me wrong so do Utd,Liverpool etc but Fabregas and Clichy were from good scouting not the Academy.

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

cusamano wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Alas, we stopped being one of the 'big four' a couple of years ago. Yes we get big crowds.....so do Newcastle........ but to be a member of the 'big four' you have to compete with them and we don't do that. 18 points behind the champions tells a story and all the while Wenger is allowed to carry on unabated we won't see much difference.
I agree.
AW has to progress...!!!
Bollocks.

We are part of the 3 top clubs in England. Fanbase and history

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

tinpot lane wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
spot on mate

Which is exactly why Arsene is investing so much time and effort into the youth.
Well if it's true - which I'm not sure it is - I'd prefer it if Wenger spent a bit more time working with the current first team squad and their deficiencies, and left the youths to someone else!! :banghead: Anyway, I doubt the first team manager of Barca a few years back was worrying too much about their youth system. :roll: :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Sat May 30, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

tinpot lane wrote:
cusamano wrote:
I agree.
AW has to progress...!!!
Bollocks.

At last - something I do agree with you on. :shock: 8) :lol: :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Aaron - Best get your homework finished, you know you have your 11+ tests soon............. :roll:

Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

I don't know why I read some of your lots shit anyway. Just a bunch'a'pussies having a love in and feeling all intelligent and self important whilst doing it. Usual suspects here I see.

I'll get on with my exams and bid farewell............one more thing, Senderos is on his way back !!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Aaron Inglis wrote:I don't know why I read some of your lots shit anyway. Just a bunch'a'pussies having a love in and feeling all intelligent and self important whilst doing it. Usual suspects here I see.

I'll get on with my exams and bid farewell............one more thing, Senderos is on his way back !!
Bad day :?:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

tinpot lane wrote:
cusamano wrote:
I agree.
AW has to progress...!!!
Bollocks.

Winning the Champions League like Liverpool or M United in the last years? No!

According to fanbase and history - right, we are a big club.
According to success and silverware - no, we are not.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

projoe wrote:
cusamano wrote:We are not a big club any more.
AW has to progress...!!!
i agree, but how are we gonna make big signings if were not a big club :?: :banghead:
It´s all about money.
When Chelsea started signing big names after Abramovich came in it was not a big club at all. In these days they get almost every player they want, because they know, that they join a squad with some big guys and not a youth team.