Burnley v Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rob

Post by Rob »

perry groves was a legend wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
perry groves was a legend wrote:AW predicted interview:
We lacked a little sharpness after the liverpool game and in the final third we maybe didnt have the final pass or strike.Overall we fought hard defended well against a very well organised and committed burnley team who play very well at home,we showed good attitude.It was a blow to lose cesc but we know must look to the hull game and getting 3 points. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
what's wrong about what he said??
He didnt say it :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

'funny' photos site???!!!!!!!!! you sure!!

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

GunnerTino wrote:Eduardo has totally lost his bottle.Dont see how Wenger can offer
him a new contract,his injury has cost him too much,he'll never
be the same,we need a striker and we need one bad!!!
i still think he is quality. i think he looks a little slow, but he is going to get better as soon as he gets games. i'm disappointed with him, i admit, when he left zagreb to join us i had him as one of the best finishers in the world. now he is not even a shadow of what he once was.

believe me, he was a better finisher than arshavin or rvp will ever be. i wonder if he'll get back to that one day :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

brazilianGOONER

the playing mantis wrote:'funny' photos site???!!!!!!!!! you sure!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, funny for men! 8) :lol: :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

we could have been 3 up after 15 minutes but we were not. The rest of the game we were pure crap. The only good thing i saw tonight was Ade missing a open goal from 2 metres out against spuds.. wanker.

We had a good weekend,results wise, but a bad midweek to balance it out.

aw

Post by aw »

We were lucky to get a point. We were poor, Burnley were better.

THE GOOD
Almunia managed to catch the ball once.
Cesc's goal
Gallas
Sagna
Song

THE BAD
verminator 1st half
Nasri

Really really crap
Almunia
Theo
Diaby
Silvestre
Eduardo

the playing mantis

but brazilian you must admit he done nothing to deserve extended deal this season.

and people wonder why we have no money for transfers...paying stupid wages to unproven/potentially finished players. players should have to earn a new contract on the pitch

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

Bring Back Pires wrote:On the plus side, Adebayor has scored 2 goals in Man City's last 15 games!

:lol:

Wonder if Man City will even make it into the Europa League? They're still below Birmingham!
have you seen any of the city game tonight - scum are 3up now.

and Adebayor has looked far from convincing in front of goal.

scum signing "adebayor whats the score"

cannot see that we would have done any better with him up front for us tonight - glad city are lumbered with him.

the playing mantis

id preferred it if ade had scored. anything to stop those crunts winning and hearing all their delusional bollox again tomorrow and in the media. he is the lesser of 2 evils when sperz are the other.

brazilianGOONER

the playing mantis wrote:but brazilian you must admit he done nothing to deserve extended deal this season.

and people wonder why we have no money for transfers...paying stupid wages to unproven/potentially finished players. players should have to earn a new contract on the pitch
this season, he really hasn't. i think he got a new contract because of his form right after he got back from the injury. he scored a few good goals and looked like was going to be the same he was pre-taylor.

i really don't know why he's not performing this season. him and vela. big disappointments for me, both of them.

the playing mantis

vela probably wont make it in england. defo not at a top club. maybe in spain but again not for a barca or real.

Rob

Post by Rob »

the playing mantis wrote: and people wonder why we have no money for transfers...paying stupid wages to unproven/potentially finished players. players should have to earn a new contract on the pitch

But that's Wenger all over. We gave Walcott a five year deal at @ £65,000 per week so he can write kids books and play like that. He was weak at Anfield but tonight was pityful.

That works out at around £15 million over the course of the contract.

We declined to sign Frank Riberary because Marsellie were asking £16 million !

:shock: :shock: :shock:

As they say - go figure !

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Rob wrote:
spawn_e_git wrote:Moving away from the bad points. Song did a good job of breaking their attacks up tonight.

Pity he's off to the ACN....

Song Gallas, AA and Vermallen were the only ones who looked credible. The rest just aren't good enough for one reason or another - excluding Fab.

We know about the injuries but Wenger keeps telling us that Diaby and Walcott are 'winners' with 'great mental strength' etc., but it's evenings like this that it shows - or not.

And it's quite obviously the latter.
I don't think Sagna was poor, he seemed to have a fairly solid game.

Losing Cesc was a blow and the team defo lost a lot then.

Correct me if I'm wrong but our game in hand is at home to Bolton, if we win that then we are two points behind Man U.

If on the 6th Jan any team are two points behind Man U then that team is in with a shot at the title IMO.

We need the strengthen but we can;t win every game.

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

no. 1 is Perry Groves.... wrote:
Bring Back Pires wrote:On the plus side, Adebayor has scored 2 goals in Man City's last 15 games!

:lol:

Wonder if Man City will even make it into the Europa League? They're still below Birmingham!
have you seen any of the city game tonight - scum are 3up now.

and Adebayor has looked far from convincing in front of goal.

scum signing "adebayor whats the score"

cannot see that we would have done any better with him up front for us tonight - glad city are lumbered with him.
Adebayor would have been a lot more useful than Eduardo was tonight..

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

the playing mantis wrote:id preferred it if ade had scored. anything to stop those crunts winning and hearing all their delusional bollox again tomorrow and in the media. he is the lesser of 2 evils when sperz are the other.
Man City made Spuds look like champions, Ade was piss poor