ASTON VILLA THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Gallas was definitely below par today but survived a few scares.
I actually thought Manuel was okay today (apart from one easy catch that he punched).

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

augie wrote: Denilson was woeful with his passing in the 2nd half :o :oops: :oops:
Have to say though that diaby's goal cannot mask his performance for me esp in the 2nd half where he was largely awol esp tracking bacl - the only time he did track back he made a great tackle, ran 30 yds with the ball, dithered (as usual) and lost possession as per :roll:

A few quick points -

1. With no proper centre forward to speak of the midfield area is crucial and with that cesc becomes even more important than usual. I voiced concerns over cesc coming back too early and suffering a relapse and that of course is what happened but after scoring two great goals you cannot 2nd guess that decision today.

2. And this is to arsene wenger......when things are not going according to plan then you have got to be willing to make changes before the 70m-75m mark. Today you did exactly that and it lifts the team when we are maybe struggling for ideas and you can see the difference it makes 8) The next day it may not work as well but you have got to be willing to change things if they are not working

Can I just say that I felt that gallas was poor today and in my mind he was terrified of aghbonlawhore's pace :shock:
augie, i read your post about 5 times, and i'm still struggling to see any of the words "great victory, excelent result, i'm happy now, let's celebrate, i'm happy, well played..."

c'mon mate, you can do it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

augie wrote:
augie wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:denilson, sagna and eduardo are very poor today :(

Pictures must be getting fcuked up between here and brazil mate cos I think that denilson has been our best player followed closely by sagna 8) Arshavin has been totally out of the game (hasnt helped hoofing high balls up to him against dunne and cuellar :roll: ) and eduardo's confidence is at nil at the mo :( Diaby started well but has almost totally disappeared from the game esp when villa took control for a while. Bottom line is that we have no cutting edge up front and considering our forward line that is no surprise :roll: Gallas by the way is having a 'mare :o

Denilson was woeful with his passing in the 2nd half :o :oops: :oops:
Have to say though that diaby's goal cannot mask his performance for me esp in the 2nd half where he was largely awol esp tracking bacl - the only time he did track back he made a great tackle, ran 30 yds with the ball, dithered (as usual) and lost possession as per :roll:

A few quick points -

1. With no proper centre forward to speak of the midfield area is crucial and with that cesc becomes even more important than usual. I voiced concerns over cesc coming back too early and suffering a relapse and that of course is what happened but after scoring two great goals you cannot 2nd guess that decision today.

2. And this is to arsene wenger......when things are not going according to plan then you have got to be willing to make changes before the 70m-75m mark. Today you did exactly that and it lifts the team when we are maybe struggling for ideas and you can see the difference it makes 8) The next day it may not work as well but you have got to be willing to change things if they are not working

Can I just say that I felt that gallas was poor today and in my mind he was terrified of aghbonlawhore's pace :shock:
FFs only you could come on here after a 3-0 win against a team with pace to burn and who have scored in every pl game this season but still not be f--c--ng happy.............. ????????

Edited by Mod so it made sense :wink:

djhdjh

Post by djhdjh »

Again we improved massively in the second half when Arshavin stopped playing as a centre forward and just stepped off the defenders to pick the ball up deep and then run at them. 4-6-0 is the way forward until RVP returns. So effective when we do that, who needs strikers when you've got a goalscoring midfielder like Cesc? :barscarf: :barscarf:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I have to say augie, you are being a tad harsh today mate. :lol:

Feel the Joy augie, reach out and grab a handful of happiness :lol: :lol: :wink:

brazilianGOONER

LDB wrote:C'MON WE'RE THE FUCKING ARSENAL AND YOU DONT FUCK WITH THE ARSENAL, OR HARD MAN SAM WILL FUCK YOU UP.

3-0
congrats, mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

brazilianGOONER

brazilianGOONER wrote: we'll destroy them.

almunia;
sagna, gallas, tv, tweety
fabregas, song, diaby
nasri, eduardo, arshavin

c'mon the arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

congrats mate, you were right, we destroyed them :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

nuttygoonerpaul

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

:barscarf: "Cesc On Fire"

brazilianGOONER

SPUDMASHER wrote:I have to say augie, you are being a tad harsh today mate. :lol:

Feel the Joy augie, reach out and grab a handful of happiness :lol: :lol: :wink:
rosetinter 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Whoa, whoa and fcuking whoa.....I am not being overly critical and agree 100% that today was a great result against a good villa side and I for one never suggested that it was cos villa were poor today. I would go so far as to say that if wenger invests properly in buying 2 or 3 real quality players in jan then we have a real chance this season of bringing back the league title to THOF and that is not something that I thought I would be saying this season. Two seasons ago we were in a similar position but blew it due to a lack of a proper sized squad although that time we were there mostly cos our team had played an outstanding first half of the season.....this time around we are in this position cos all the top teams, including ourselves, have dropped far too many stupid points but it doesnt not hide the fact that we have a chance if we learn from the mistakes of 2 years ago

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

go on admit it, it felt good didn't it :lol: :wink:

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

whitout Cesc we're absolutely fuc%ed up, down, in, out and all around
anyway c'mon The Arsenal!!!!! :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

SPUDMASHER wrote:go on admit it, it felt good didn't it :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he's a tough boy, isn't he?? :lol: :lol:

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

watch out woooooorrrrlllllldddd, cos super Cesc is on fire 8) :barscarf:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Worried by Cesc's injury, should be able to cope without him for next three games though. Was a little surprised he came on as we were on topic and had two efforts off the line but can't argue with the impact.

Great win against a very good Villa side. Villa had one shot on target, ok we were a little shaky at the start but with Almunia plucking crosses out of the air and the outfield players winning ball after ball, we recovered and defended very well. Going forward, first half we lacked something after the initial flurry despite the impressive efforts of Diaby. Second half, started very well, on came Cesc and well, 3-0 is awesome.

A lot to be happy about, particularly in the second half