A beautiful sight...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

A beautiful sight...

Post by Dan_85 »

I'd give anything to be back there right now :(

skipper

Post by skipper »

A truly beautiful sight my friend :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

one i'm never gonna see :cry:

j0ke

Post by j0ke »

That's so beautiful and so depressing at the same time :(

I miss Highbury :( :( :(

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

love it! brings back such good memories

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Now now, you know we had to leave that place so we would have the financial clout in the transfer market to compete with Europe's super clubs. And hasn't it turned out wonderfully :roll:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

We were spun a pack of lies & BS from the day they announced plans to leave there. We became customers to be fleeced at every opportunity... :(

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Ah please! :roll: Are you say you'd prefer to still be there! :roll:
Okay the Grove is soless but THOF was never a cauldren of noise either.

Most of the fans in the other threads are talking about Wenger not being pragmatic and stagnanting. Manure already had around the time a 65,000 staduim which dwarfed are 38,000. Even Villa have more then this currently. So in order for the club to move forward a new staduim was needed.

You only have to look at teams like Sp*ds and Pool who are only now looking at trying to move. Even Chavs arne't happy with the size of the bridge.

Sadly, we may have been able to get by had it not been for Hillsborough. This totally screwed this us over.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

Please please please stop with this we miss highbury nostalgia. ... ...

move on, the club has and until you finally let it go the fans never will. I guarantee once we win some silverware (i know if) and parade it round the grove it won't be such a bad thing.

hatemanu99

Re: A beautiful sight...

Post by hatemanu99 »

Dan_85 wrote:Image

I'd give anything to be back there right now :(
Pop over for a beer before the game........I live there!

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

history will be made at the grove, you cant expect it to feel like home after a few years. in 50 odd years some of us will still be harping on about how good highbury was to ever increasingly disinterested grand kids, and we can tell them about magic lehmann and the best 0-0 in arsenal history, ian wright and 179, doing boro 5-3, barthez gifting us 2 goals and 3 points, tony adams put through by bould WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT!...

know what i mean? :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

xDAVEYx wrote:history will be made at the grove, you cant expect it to feel like home after a few years. in 50 odd years some of us will still be harping on about how good highbury was to ever increasingly disinterested grand kids, and we can tell them about magic lehmann and the best 0-0 in arsenal history, ian wright and 179, doing boro 5-3, barthez gifting us 2 goals and 3 points, tony adams put through by bould WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT!...

Maybe, it just feels a long way away. I can't think of (m)any clubs who've moved stadiums in the last 20 years and been successful.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

digger wrote:
xDAVEYx wrote:history will be made at the grove, you cant expect it to feel like home after a few years. in 50 odd years some of us will still be harping on about how good highbury was to ever increasingly disinterested grand kids, and we can tell them about magic lehmann and the best 0-0 in arsenal history, ian wright and 179, doing boro 5-3, barthez gifting us 2 goals and 3 points, tony adams put through by bould WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT!...

Maybe, it just feels a long way away. I can't think of (m)any clubs who've moved stadiums in the last 20 years and been successful.
Try...
http://www.tenmostsuccesfulclubswhohave ... 0years.com

:wink:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

digger wrote:

thats a fair point, but we were so substantially awesome that we can weather this shit storm and keep hold of some russian and american coat-tails. and you're right, its a long long way away, but think how lucky we were to be able to remember those moments!

as much as im despairing at the present arsenal situation, especially given the last couple of results, the stadium is not really a issue for me at all, except its shocking 'official' name.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I still can't believe the money we spent on building this cooperate meeting venue couldn't have got us 20 000 seats more at Highbury one way or another..