Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pott

Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting...

Post by Pott »

Arsenal.

What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal, and it was EPIC. But that was 3 seasons ago and I've never seen them win a trophy. By the end of this season, three quarters of the midfield had departed (Hleb, Flamini and Silva) and Henry had left too.

I'm sad to say I never got to actually watch an Arsenal game with Henry playing... nor any of the legends from the invincibles except from Lehmann and Toure.

:banghead:
Last edited by Pott on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

brazilianGOONER

Re: Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting..

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Pott wrote:Arsenal.

What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal, and it was EPIC. But that was 3 seasons ago and I've never seen them win a trophy. By the end of this season, three thirds of the midfield had departed (Hleb, Flamini and Silva) and Henry had left too.

I'm sad to say I never got to actually watch an Arsenal game with Henry playing... nor any of the legends from the invincibles except from Lehmann and Toure.

how old are ya, mate?

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Twat

g88ner

Re: Looks like I picked the wrong time to start supporting..

Post by g88ner »

Pott wrote: What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal...
So Arsenal 6-3 Liverpool was your first taste of Arsenal?? :lol: ... ha, I bet you thought Baptista was a fucking genius! :coffeespit: :lol:

Anyway, keep the faith fella! and remember..... Arsene knows! :lol: :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Think yourself lucky that you support Arsenal. If you supported some other clubs there would be a chance that you'd never see them win anything......ever.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

What caused it for me was one of the first football games I watched, Arsenal - Liverpool in the Carling cup. Ended 6-3 for Arsenal, and it was EPIC. But that was 3 seasons ago and I've never seen them win a trophy. By the end of this season, three thirds of the midfield had departed (Hleb, Flamini and Silva) and Henry had left too.

must be a wind up!

You've never seen them win a trophy? In a whole 3 years?

Could be worse, you could support a side who, since you were born in 1984, have won fuck all, never look likely to win fuck all, and have twice in recent history broken the worst ever points total in a division.

I travelled from central scotland to every fucking home league game one season and never saw my team fucking win. Nevermind a fucking trophy, we didnt win a fucking match (we did actually, i went to see us at home to fulham, we were one nil down and it was called off, i couldnt get to the rearranged game which we won). Arsenal get to a champions league final against barca, we celebrate when we beat fucking barrow because its our only win since fucking october

Some people dont know they're born, they really dont, try supporting rochdale, bottom league with no promotion or relegation for 36 years, thats the kind of shit fans have to put up with

No trophy in 3 years, me heart bleeds :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

safcftm wrote:No trophy in 3 years, me heart bleeds :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you're the number 1 club in the North East :barscarf: :lol:

Pott

Post by Pott »

hehe not a wind up... I just get to hear all the time about the Arsenal legends, and all I can do is youtube them. I've never gotten to see them at the pub, or at the emirates/Highbury, whatever.

I'm 23. But I've lived without a TV since I'm 5.

And do give me a break, my main team is PSG :banghead:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

With Arsenal you're always guranteed a title every few years and then the rest is filled with heartbreak

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

You're French and you know you are!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

BelgianGooner wrote:You're French and you know you are!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:
He's French? That explains it.

Chips and Chocolate

More seriously I don't give a shit about trophies, My first Arsenal game was Lens away in the Uefa Cup semi... I then lived in Finsbury Park and went to as many games as I could... You don't follow a team for the trophies!!!!
I'll always be a Gooner... that's in your blood!!!

Chips and Chocolate

1989 wrote:
BelgianGooner wrote:You're French and you know you are!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:
He's French? That explains it.
I don't know many englishmen whose "main" team is PSG... :twisted:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

safcftm wrote:

must be a wind up!

Could be worse, you could support a side who, since you were born in 1984, have won fuck all, never look likely to win fuck all, and have twice in recent history broken the worst ever points total in a division.

I travelled from central scotland to every fucking home league game one season and never saw my team fucking win. Nevermind a fucking trophy, we didnt win a fucking match (we did actually, i went to see us at home to fulham, we were one nil down and it was called off, i couldnt get to the rearranged game which we won). Arsenal get to a champions league final against barca, we celebrate when we beat fucking barrow because its our only win since fucking october

Some people dont know they're born, they really dont, try supporting rochdale, bottom league with no promotion or relegation for 36 years, thats the kind of shit fans have to put up with

Great stuff safcfm :) :wink:

RaM

Post by RaM »

safcftm wrote:

must be a wind up!

Well put.