Highbury Harold is calling . . .a time for Action?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kiki

Post by Kiki »

Reg Niseth wrote:
Kiki wrote:There was soem confusion regarding my point so to clear it up:

The Crest: I'm like the current one - its modern and cool looking,. Notice how the Cannon is facing a different direction to the previous.

The Kit: I'd prefer that the kit is red white white sleeve. But that is just me - I also have to take into account that we've had differnent shirts through the years and you cant say ''well we've had this for 80 years'' so keep it. The Club has been going some 123 long years.
I'm guessing your a youngster so I'll go easy

Point one: that's the very reason most Arsenal fans fucking hate it.

Point Two: Red Shirts, White Sleeves, Yellow Shirts, are synonomous with our success. That is why we like them. That is why we woulod like to have them back. We don't want to be dictated to by Nike
Early 20's. I've known Arsenal with the Red Shirts with White Sleeve's. Then the yellow away with blue/navy on it - Occasional Blue.

But that aint to say just because I remember The Arsenal with that itt should remain. What about the older Gooner's maybe in their late 60's / 70's. They would have seen some amount of Arsenal shirts in their time.

Re the Crest. I like the new one for the reason's I said but it doesnt mean I thinks it better or more appropriate. Each Crest tells its own story.

That doesnt mean I think your wrong though Oringinal Poster - I was wanted to have my say. Football's all about opinions.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Good read.

Straight from the heart.

Agree with some of it. Certainly not all of it.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Kiki wrote:
Reg Niseth wrote:
Kiki wrote:There was soem confusion regarding my point so to clear it up:

The Crest: I'm like the current one - its modern and cool looking,. Notice how the Cannon is facing a different direction to the previous.

The Kit: I'd prefer that the kit is red white white sleeve. But that is just me - I also have to take into account that we've had differnent shirts through the years and you cant say ''well we've had this for 80 years'' so keep it. The Club has been going some 123 long years.
I'm guessing your a youngster so I'll go easy

Point one: that's the very reason most Arsenal fans fucking hate it.

Point Two: Red Shirts, White Sleeves, Yellow Shirts, are synonomous with our success. That is why we like them. That is why we woulod like to have them back. We don't want to be dictated to by Nike
Early 20's. I've known Arsenal with the Red Shirts with White Sleeve's. Then the yellow away with blue/navy on it - Occasional Blue.

But that aint to say just because I remember The Arsenal with that itt should remain. What about the older Gooner's maybe in their late 60's / 70's. They would have seen some amount of Arsenal shirts in their time.

Re the Crest. I like the new one for the reason's I said but it doesnt mean I thinks it better or more appropriate. Each Crest tells its own story.

That doesnt mean I think your wrong though Oringinal Poster - I was wanted to have my say. Football's all about opinions.
You're right it's about opnions. It's also about fact, and the fact is mate I think you need to take a long look back and maybe you'll discover that apart from 1930 all our trophy wins were in red/white. We wore the Manure shirt in '66 but that lasted just one season. It's a design classic and does not need changing. Look at 50, 71, 79, 89 at the moment we won a trophy we wore yellow shirts.

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

I knew that but you didnt say you prefered a particular kit because we won trophies wearing it.

Like I said, my opinion is the red shirts with white sleeve's. A yellow and either blue or navy away kit and a third chice kit bearing a particular colour with some meaning with the Club. That doesnt make me right though.

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Agree with the vast mojority of that, especially the lies and bollocks we were fed about why we had to leave Highbury and me included, Arsenal fans mostly fell for the fucking lot of it :banghead: The new badge looks as tho it was designed by a class of 6 year olds and as for blue away shirts or that fucking dennis the menace "3rd kit" thing we had a couple of years ago, why?????????????????????????? Silly question I spose, it's all about making money nowadys and if they think a pink and lilac kit will make money then I'm sure the people who decide these things will have the team and all the mug punters wearing them :roll: I'm not sure it's possible that we can ever have our old Arsenal FC back, think it's gone too far now and old skool fuckers like me are a dying breed. All I know is, that it feels as tho the heart and soul have been ripped out of the club I love and have done since 1968 ever since we first set foot in the soulless concrete bowl at ashburton grove :cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Brilliant read and agree with all of it

tel

Post by tel »

Excellent read, I agree with all of it.

NBM

Post by NBM »

augie wrote:Only 25m profit in the transfer market over the course of the last few seasons ? :shock: Does anybody else think that figure is a little on the low side ? :?
I'm assuming that's after the big contracts we award for "potential" :banghead:
Last edited by NBM on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Excellent post that.

Slightly disagree we've been nowhere near winning anything. 08 we threw the league away. 06 CL final we were very close. Even last year: yes we got humped in the semi-final and probably had an easy enough route to get there, but we still got there.

All this squad needs is the addition on 2 or 3 top quality players in key positions. Wenger is more than capable of that. Although I do think we are way too cavalier.

Something MUST be done about our injuries too. There's no way in the world it's bad luck or coincidence.

Not convinced Wenger should leave. Perhaps Hiddink would do a good job, he certainly wouldn't put up with some of the defending of the last couple of weeks. But I do believe it's the money stopping Wenger at the moment. I wouldn't be totally averse to a big cash injection from somewhere. Presently we are in danger of losing a lot of revenue as the team isn't performing, and then our self-sustaining business model is fcuked.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

LOOKS AS THOUGH .COM HAVE DELETED THE THREAD.

WANKERS

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Reg Niseth wrote:LOOKS AS THOUGH .COM HAVE DELETED THE THREAD.

WANKERS
And people complain about the mods on here... :wink:

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

so far 646 members

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Have done already :barscarf: :barscarf:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

North bank girl wrote:so far 646 members
Are you talking about the face book group, or is that just the running tally for ds’ sponsored Gnoshathon 2010 in aid of Haiti? :? No wonder she's been quiet lately!