Im the North bank , Im the North bank.......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LyusN1

Post by LyusN1 »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:
1989 wrote:They really should move the away fans out of display as well. Hate seeing them celebrate when the away team scores.
I agree, shove them in the upper tier in the corner, move them outta sight
+1

although, wouldn't this mean a drop in revenue? unless they charged the away fans the same price for the upper tier seats. i guess the thinking was that there are then more of the dearer tickets in the upper tier on sale to home supporters?

still, this is great news :D

soon to be a north bank boy!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Great news - back to the North Bank for g88ner! :barscarf:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

g88ner wrote:Great news - back to the North Bank for g88ner! :barscarf:
If only. :roll:

:wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
g88ner wrote:Great news - back to the North Bank for g88ner! :barscarf:
If only. :roll:
Oi!!!! :x :shock: :lol: :lol:

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

Great News :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

North bank girl wrote:Great News :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
So where did you used to sit at Highbury NBG? :wink:

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Ummm.... The North Bank! :wink:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

North bank girl wrote:
Basil is a Gooner wrote:

Quality ......... you just knew that answer was coming :barscarf:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

:tumbleweed: :roll: :wink:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

its all well and good bringing the "titles" back for the nth bank and clock end , but will it enable genuine fans to sit in the end they want and make some noise. As a former north banker (when it was standing) the both ends would always try to out sing each other , tho noth bank always won!

The WHOLE north bank end of the emirates should be for fans that want to get behind the team and become the 12th man. As a red member now when i sit in the upper tier above the away fans (only place i can get tickets really) i cant even hear the singing corner even when they really get into song you cant hear much at all.
Why not allow red members have the option of sitting in the north bank lower and upper and make the whole end support red action!

if you are with kids or dont want to be in a singing end, you can sit somewhere else in the studium.

Whats the point of having a 60.000 stadium when you cant hear the fans??

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

its all well and good bringing the "titles" back for the nth bank and clock end , but will it enable genuine fans to sit in the end they want and make some noise. As a former north banker (when it was standing) the both ends would always try to out sing each other , tho noth bank always won!

The WHOLE north bank end of the emirates should be for fans that want to get behind the team and become the 12th man. As a red member now when i sit in the upper tier above the away fans (only place i can get tickets really) i cant even hear the singing corner even when they really get into song you cant hear much at all.
Why not allow red members have the option of sitting in the north bank lower and upper and make the whole end support red action!

if you are with kids or dont want to be in a singing end, you can sit somewhere else in the studium.

Whats the point of having a 60.000 stadium when you cant hear the fans??

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Agree with you Mikey.

The club should have guided Northbank and Clock End fans to take up seats in pre-designated areas.

Our vocal support has been watered down.

The damage has been done. And it's not easy for season ticket holders to change seats to the place they want to be.

By the way, old timers like you and me on Red Memberships just have to take whatever we can get. We missed out on the membership scheme.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

so true mate

i first started in the north bank on ian wrights first game at highbury! THOSe kids in red action have no idea what it used to be like , yet they chant the old north bank songs! its a shame they didnt see it first hand. I was even there the last standing match at the north bank , we had a protest made a fire and i threw my socks in , thought i was the nuts! Then ian wright came out and gave us his support, soon after the poilce stemaed in! haha

i got season tickets for next season, 2 of em infact so hopefuly will be a better atmosphere.

digger

Post by digger »

mikeyb772001 wrote:As a red member now when i sit in the upper tier above the away fans (only place i can get tickets really) i cant even hear the singing corner even when they really get into song you cant hear much at all.
Why not allow red members have the option of sitting in the north bank
lower and upper and make the whole end support red action!

Most of the "north bank lower" is season ticket only (think the same is true for most of the upper around there to).... why would people move just because some fans think they don't sing enough? Heard the same argument a thousand times before, even at Highbury, you can't force people to sing, and you can't force Season ticket holders to move even if they tried.

How would you know that the "red" member who buys the seat will be any more vocal (and not just another jcl tourist going to their one game a season, taking photos of the stadium, recording videos of the crowd celebrating when we score, blocking the aisles with carrier bags full of deliciously overpriced Arsenal Plc merchandise?)

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

GREAT NEWS.....

WE'RE THE NOTHBANK ASHBURTON :barscarf: