Block 6

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Block 6

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who helped 3 blokes double up with ya for last nights match!!! £67 plus booking fee to sit upper tier with a fantastic view but wouldnt of changed it for the world!
The guys that let us stand with em didnt know us at all, and showed what all arsenal fans should be about.
Its a shame this is the "ONLY"!!!!!! way you can sing and get behind your team , is to sneak into our "designated singing area"
I know its a broken record moaning about this, but dont you think its a disgrace that genuine die hard gooners cant act as a 12th Man unless it means sneaking around.
I wish something can be done to extend these areas to other parts of the ground, as the sound needs to spread around the whole ground.

REB

Post by REB »

health and safety the club will say :?

Thierry Fabregas

Post by Thierry Fabregas »

Your statement that

"Its a shame this is the "ONLY"!!!!!! way you can sing and get behind your team , is to sneak into our "designated singing area"

is pretty misguided

What stopped you singing in the upper tiers. ARE YOU A BIT SHY?!! :banghead:

It doesn't matter where you sit in the stadium, it is only your own inadequacy that stops you singing.

For the record I sit in Block 2 and I bet I make more noise than 90% of people in Blocks 5 and 6.

The best singing is always away and I know from conversations that the majority of away fans DO NOT sit in blocks 5 and 6.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Thierry Fabregas wrote:Your statement that

"Its a shame this is the "ONLY"!!!!!! way you can sing and get behind your team , is to sneak into our "designated singing area"

is pretty misguided

What stopped you singing in the upper tiers. ARE YOU A BIT SHY?!! :banghead:

It doesn't matter where you sit in the stadium, it is only your own inadequacy that stops you singing.

For the record I sit in Block 2 and I bet I make more noise than 90% of people in Blocks 5 and 6.

The best singing is always away and I know from conversations that the majority of away fans DO NOT sit in blocks 5 and 6.
um...no if you prefer people singing along , and hate posh JCL's sniggering at you for trying to create a fucking atmosphere :x

Thierry Fabregas

Don't let the JCL's intimidate you!!

If everybody thinks like you and the guy who had to get into block 6 before he could sing, we will never get a good atmosphere in the ground.

NO JCL has ever stopped me or even tried to stop me or anyone I know singing.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

This constant pop at blocks 5,6 and whatever is utter garbage. Regardless where you sit in that stadium i assume that you are an Arsenal fan? Which to my mind means that if you can sing then go for it. But to start to say that this block is better than that is kids stuff, just listen to yourselves. The RedAction gravitated from Highbury to try and start/stimulate a catalyst for some songs to be started throughout the game. Thankfuly other blocks have grabbed their own iniciative and made their version of block 6. Quality.
So if anyone is making some noise in that ground that has to be a good thing.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

fair point mate!

however, in the upper tiers, its impposible to build a real atmosphere and trust me i have tried and it falls on deaf ears! you get told off up for standing up , you cant swear without getting dirty looks and over all its not a comfortable gooner like atmosphere up there.
Like all gooners we spend alot of money on tickets, last thing i wana do i spend money to support my team but end up feeling uncomfortable for shouting ect.
So yeh i did have to sneak into block 6 cos i wanted to support the team last night, and help be a 12th man.

Maybe if there were more people with your views we could ALL get together but that cant happen as were to spread around.

worthing gooner

Mikey, i dont have a problem with what you did its just the digs at other Gooners just baffles me regarding who sings the loudest/longest......etc

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

worthing gooner wrote:This constant pop at blocks 5,6 and whatever is utter garbage. Regardless where you sit in that stadium i assume that you are an Arsenal fan? Which to my mind means that if you can sing then go for it. But to start to say that this block is better than that is kids stuff, just listen to yourselves. The RedAction gravitated from Highbury to try and start/stimulate a catalyst for some songs to be started throughout the game. Thankfuly other blocks have grabbed their own iniciative and made their version of block 6. Quality.
So if anyone is making some noise in that ground that has to be a good thing.
I wasnt having a pop at those blocks, if you read the original post i was giving them credit. The community spirit and atmosphere in those blocks is second to none. Im not shy to get invloved and have tried to do this in the upper tiers but it just dont work mate. Im an old school arsenal fan having stood in the north bank since i was a kid, maybe i excpect to much????

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

Had two girls behind me last nite who wondered who 'they'd support now that Nasri is off'

Was gonna have a dig but they were a couple of little stunners so just got their numbers instead.

worthing gooner

Mikey im with you. It is quiet in certain sections so good on ya for finding a bit of atmos. Other posters are knocking other lively sections which i dont get.

North bank lad myself.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

i dont know why people moan about it, thats crazy! Singing and getting behind your team has been around for generations, its apart of our game and something that shouldnt be phased out!
Lets hope more people make noise and it improves!

Thierry Fabregas

EVERYONE SING (please!) :barscarf:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

worthing gooner wrote:Mikey im with you. It is quiet in certain sections so good on ya for finding a bit of atmos. Other posters are knocking other lively sections which i dont get.

North bank lad myself.
Oh how i miss the north bank :cry:

worthing gooner

Northbankbren. Yes and no ao that one. Proper standing areas. But the khazis oh my days. At least we have lights and fairly clean sinks now!!! How soft does that sound!! Sorry!!!