21 years ago today - Anfield '89!!!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VforVictory

21 years ago today - Anfield '89!!!!!!

Post by VforVictory »

The time on this website is an hour slow, so this was actually posted on the 26th! :barscarf:
Last edited by VforVictory on Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Well Done to you V and and of course to the Arsenal Happy St Michaels Day in 10,9,8, Minutes

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

I wasn't even alive :cry:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Have you literally been waiting to post this?

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

How sad V for....

:lol:

DB10 my Hero

Post by DB10 my Hero »

21 years ago, fuck I feel old. 18 years young, I remember getting absolutely wankered up the Angel, in the nags head and steam passage. We won, no on left the pub, but all of a sudden there were no Liverpool supporters in the pub anymore, it was fucking magic I tell you! A fella i worked with at the time was a Spurs supporter, he stormed out the pub pissed off, it was brilliant. It went crazy after the final whistle, must of been a mob of at least 200 people running up and down singing Champions, cars were tooting there horns. Fucking magical night.

Boomer

Re: 21 years ago today - Anfield '89!!!!!!

Post by Boomer »

VforVictory wrote:Image

The time on this website is an hour slow, so this was actually posted on the 26th! :barscarf:
I've got the same picture at home on my wall. Large print and signed by Mr Thomas himself! 8)

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

I was 10, but I still remember the evening quite well!

I let the millions of kids who supported Liverpool (all support the Mancs / Chelski now) have it on Monday at school !

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last
attack. A good ball by Dixon ... finding Smith, for Thomas charging
through the midfield..... Thomas, it's up for grabs NOWWWW THOMASSSSSS"

Still bring a tingle down my spine just reading that! 8) :barscarf:

Juan

Post by Juan »

Glory days!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

What a game what a night.It still sends a shiver down the spine thinking about it today.The Greatest game in our history

My abiding memory was shouting at John Lukic to kick it long instead of throwing it out to Lee Dixon :oops:

To George,TA and the other heroes of Anfield WE Salute You :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

And to Steve McMahon it only took a minute and then we went and did it :barscarf:

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

A special thanks to Kevin Richardson for creating the injury time we scored in !

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

JMascis666 wrote:A special thanks to Kevin Richardson for creating the injury time we scored in !
And also to Bouldy for the first half miss and to Thomas for fluffing the similar and easier chance!
The win wouldn't have been much fun that way! :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Boomer wrote:
JMascis666 wrote:A special thanks to Kevin Richardson for creating the injury time we scored in !
And also to Bouldy for the first half miss and to Thomas for fluffing the similar and easier chance!
The win wouldn't have been much fun that way! :wink:
And what about Mickey Thomas back pass after he scored.Heart attack time or what?

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

I was 3 and have no memories of it as I would have have been tucked up in bed :( but have watched countless old videos and Fever Pitch which helps a lot to create an idea of how special it was. Thomas took an age to put the ball past Grobbelaar! Earlier Ray Houghton skied one just over the bar into the Kop and it looks like its going in until the final second and after Thomas scored the Liverpool players came charging down the pitch from the kick off and looked really menacing.

:barscarf: