Joe Cole is a greedy chav *word censored*!!!!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Goose

Post by Goose »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
clockendal wrote: I know there's no clique. I was just a bit pissed off that the thread had gone off topic. Plus I'd been in the pub all day which didn't help my mood.

I appreciate what you are saying re break up the monotony but again isn't that what we have the basement for ? If it is a thread about Joe Cole then I still maintain that I don't see why it needs to be full of pages of jokes between people ? I mean if you want to break up the monotony and look at a pair of tits then start a new thread no ? The tits and arse thread ? Drunk or not, I still feel the same way as last night but I guess that's just a difference of opinon.
To be totally honest clockendal, there are times when it pisses me off also that a thread has gone off track, but like I said earlier, that's the nature of it and the way this forum has been since almost day 1. It's also one of the things that does differentiate this forum from most others.

We do try and keep the trivial stuff in the Basement or at least move it there once it's had an airing, but sometimes things just spring up (ooh, err!!!) from nowhere. If we were to take a firmer line (stop the tittering!!! :roll: ) within each individual thread and limiting it just to the actual subject matter, then eventually we'd be constantly deleting posts (even more than we already do) and pissing off the users.

Now I'll admit that I'm as guilty as anyone of throwing the occasional joke or pun into a serious thread - although never dirty pics!! :gooner_ed: - just because a previous post inspired it. I genuinely don't see any harm in that.

If we were to start a new thread every time we thought of something funny, there'd be thousands of them (okay, slight exaggeration. There'd be a load more). Also a by-product of that would be that serious threads would quickly slip down the page and be lost a lot of readers. If you think about it in another way, us 'funny guys' are actually doing the serious threads a favour by keeping them in the public domain longer!!! :-P :-P :lol: :wink:

Anyway, just to reiterate - THERE IS NO CLIQUE!!!! :roll: :banghead: (And even if there was, we're not letting you in!!) :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

this thread is about JOE COLE, not the clique :evil:

:lol: :lol: :wink:

What if Joe Cole decides to join......

The clique????

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

well, joe cole is fit guy, he would probably be VERY welcome in the flank and fresh homoclique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:well, joe cole is fit guy, he would probably be VERY welcome in the flank and fresh homoclique :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I used to think of Joe Cole as a luxury player, but his time under Mourinho changed all that.

His work ethic is decent, and to go along with his natural talent, he's added maturity, experience and discipline.... of course, I'm sure Arsene could coach that out of him :roll:

He'd be a great little signing, and I'd certainly trust his final ball and coolness in front of goal to that of Theo!

That said, his wages would probably mean he'd be anything but free and I'm more concerned with signing a 'keeper, centre back, defensive midfielder and keeping Cesc to worry about Joe Cole.

projoe

Post by projoe »

the daily star are reporting this story, probably makes it more untrue :lol: :roll:

hopefully the star surprise me and theyre actually telling the truth/facts :barscarf:

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

would be good signing, but as all clubs wanting to sign him, his wage demands are too high, so we are definitely not in the race :roll:

richpye

Post by richpye »

Big_G wrote:would be good signing, but as all clubs wanting to sign him, his wage demands are too high, so we are definitely not in the race :roll:
When Sol signed with us, I thought I heard that we paid him a big signing-on fee and then a more realistic (???) weekly wage.

Would the same be possible with Cole? Paying, say a £15 million signing on fee and then reducing the weekly wage to within our wage structure

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

richpye wrote:
Big_G wrote:would be good signing, but as all clubs wanting to sign him, his wage demands are too high, so we are definitely not in the race :roll:
When Sol signed with us, I thought I heard that we paid him a big signing-on fee and then a more realistic (???) weekly wage.

Would the same be possible with Cole? Paying, say a £15 million signing on fee and then reducing the weekly wage to within our wage structure
cant see us giving him £15mill up front personally, imagine his ego :lol:

we didn't do this with Ade did we? :lol:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:...
What's disturbing is that I actually dreamt about Cole in an Arsenal shirt last night......
That is so wrong. you need to get out more. :lol:

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

projoe wrote:the daily star are reporting this story, probably makes it more untrue :lol: :roll:

hopefully the star surprise me and theyre actually telling the truth/facts :barscarf:
The daily star, full of bullshit but always seems to get quotes from hill-wood, and seems to have close arsenal links, hope its true

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Seems apt actually. Someone full of bullshit going to a paper that's renowned for being purveyors of bullshit!! :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

To me it is fairly clear now that we will not that DM/CM player we badly need to fill the gaping hole in our midfield. There is no pace in our midfield and we badly needed some. Now we have bought in two free transfers for the attacking third it looks very likely that other vital areas like CM, CB and GK will continue to be ignored.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Irish Gooner wrote:To me it is fairly clear now that we will not that DM/CM player we badly need to fill the gaping hole in our midfield. There is no pace in our midfield and we badly needed some. Now we have bought in two free transfers for the attacking third it looks very likely that other vital areas like CM, CB and GK will continue to be ignored.
Chamakh and who? :?

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

GunnerDude wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:To me it is fairly clear now that we will not that DM/CM player we badly need to fill the gaping hole in our midfield. There is no pace in our midfield and we badly needed some. Now we have bought in two free transfers for the attacking third it looks very likely that other vital areas like CM, CB and GK will continue to be ignored.
Joe Cole....have you not paid attention to the thread? :wink: :lol:

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Big_G wrote:
GunnerDude wrote:
Joe Cole....have you not paid attention to the thread? :wink: :lol:
Oh :oops: I dint know we were playing the "Joe Cole has already signed" game :D