"Wenger won't break bank"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rilo II

"Wenger won't break bank"

Post by Rilo II »

SkySports.com wrote:Arsene Wenger has warned Arsenal fans not to expect any high-profile arrivals in the summer.

Even a poor run of form in the league - with three defeats in the last four games putting fourth place at risk - has not convinced the Frenchman to waver from his focus on developing young talents.

In recent weeks The Gunners have been linked with players such as Marseille's Franck Ribery and Sevilla's Daniel Alves, as well as the obligatory string of young players across the continent.

Now Wenger has insisted he is not planning to break precedent and bring any ready-made superstars to Emirates Stadium when the transfer window opens.

"I'd be happy to go into next season with the same squad because we are in a growing process," said Wenger in The Mirror.

"The temptation is always there to spend but I'm more concerned with developing the young players.

"I don't think we need a big investment."

However, Arsenal will have to decide whether to sign Julio Baptista on a permanent deal in the summer after the expiration of his loan move from Real Madrid.
:|