Great North Run & Sunderland away!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Great North Run & Sunderland away!

Post by MK Gould »

Don't ask me how, but I volunteered to do the Great North Run in October......only 23 years after my last half marathon :oops: . One stroke of luck though is that it coincides with Sunderland away :lol: !

Is anyone else doing the run?

What's the betting that the match becomes Setanta's Monday night game :( !!

REB

Post by REB »

enjoy the run gouldy :lol: cant imagine many from here doing it thou :lol: :lol: beer bellies out for the lads :barscarf:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

rebel gooner wrote:enjoy the run gouldy :lol: cant imagine many from here doing it thou :lol: :lol: beer bellies out for the lads :barscarf:
Thanks! I'm not exactly built like a long distance runner myself, but its all in a good cause..... and I'm going up with a large group so should be a giggle :? !

I will be posting a link to the charity (Help the Hospices) nearer the time to give everyone an opportunity to "participate"....!! I might even go to the match dressed for the run....if it earns a few bob extra for the cause.

lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

I've done the Great North Run three times, it's class!

Great atmosphere and really nice course, from city centre across the bridge and down to the sea at South Shields. Sunderland is a shit-hole so have your drinkies in Newcastle (there are some nice pubs around the train station). Then get the train to Slum-derland.

I went to Uni in Newcastle, it's a great little town.

have fun 8)

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

I'm due to do the great wales run and the great south run, but training has had to stop due to my knakered knee giving me hard time. Due to see sergen soon I hope. But if I get all clear I may go for it. Thanks for info

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I have had the runs in the north!

Dodgy pie at Burnley I think!

:lol: :gus:

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I used to get through loads of marathons!

q Rebel , Wayno , Gus etc etc ! :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

As we're once again down to play Sunderland away on the weekend of the Great North Run I thought I'd re-use my thread from 2008.....

Anyone else running this year? If you fancy doing a half marathon then this is the one. It's great fun and most people don't take it too seriously. You could easily do it as a fast walk.... Although entries have closed, you can still get in if you are willing to "run" for charity.

I've even got a couple of rooms spare in Central Newcastle for anyone who is planning on staying on Sat/Sun nights.....

Other than that.....see you at the match!

RaM

Post by RaM »

MK Gould wrote:As we're once again down to play Sunderland away on the weekend of the Great North Run I thought I'd re-use my thread from 2008.....

Anyone else running this year? If you fancy doing a half marathon then this is the one. It's great fun and most people don't take it too seriously. You could easily do it as a fast walk.... Although entries have closed, you can still get in if you are willing to "run" for charity.

I've even got a couple of rooms spare in Central Newcastle for anyone who is planning on staying on Sat/Sun nights.....

Other than that.....see you at the match!
Would I have to start running now to get there in time? :shock:

REB

Post by REB »

rather you then me :?

saying that i recently bought a bike and am now cycling to and from work 20 years after last having one :oops:

crocit

Post by crocit »

Sunderland away is in October? i thought September?!

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

I put in an application to do the London Marathon for the National Society for Epilepsy as I used to have epilepsy myself. I find out if I get a place in October but I've done no training and smoke ten fags a day :o :(