NICHOLAS BENDTNER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

NICHOLAS BENDTNER

Post by REB »

is the worse centre forward i have seen at the club since lee chapman :banghead:
people can go on about how he has not got a chance, has had injuries ,has got a few vital goals ,which he has i will admit but not enough for my liking,the guy brings nothing to the team, he is a big lad who rarely puts himself about, has a terrible first touch , isn't fast, doesnt score enough,looks lazy and uninterested and i hate to see his name on the team sheet before a game ,

:banghead:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Got a tenner on with the old man that he gets at least 10 goals this season. He may be all of the above, but should start in lesser CL games and the 2 domestic cups, so hopefully some easy beer tokens!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

If you had to sum up Bendtner in one picture, then this is it.

The "How did that not go in" look, this decade's in-look for Arsenal forwards.

:wink:

goonersid

Re: NICHOLAS BENDTNER

Post by goonersid »

REBEL GOONER wrote:is the worse centre forward i have seen at the club since lee chapman :banghead:
people can go on about how he has not got a chance, has had injuries ,has got a few vital goals ,which he has i will admit but not enough for my liking,the guy brings nothing to the team, he is a big lad who rarely puts himself about, has a terrible first touch , isn't fast, doesnt score enough,looks lazy and uninterested and i hate to see his name on the team sheet before a game ,

:banghead:

Not the worst, don't forget Jeffers, and I wolud also have to say Vela.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't rate NB at PL level but he can sometimes come on as a sub and upset defences and nick (sic) a goal. Not a starter for me. Ever.

But ultimately he will go the way of the Chris Wrehs and Fanny Jeffers of this world - a brief grasp at the big time but then drift out of it... :(

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Couldn't agree more!!!!!

Bender falls into the same category as Song. They are both good players (they wouldn't have made the grade if they weren't) but neither is a patch on players that we have watched in the last decade. Trouble is - a few vocal Gooners have decided that Bender and Song are great and they howl down anyone that disagrees.

Bender's first touch is appalling; his judgement is poor; for someone of his size (as big as Carroll) he hardly ever bullies centre halves; he has no pace and I doubt if he strikes fear into ANY opposition defences.

We keep ending seasons without a trophy for a reason - too many sub standard players and Bender is one of the main culprits!!

REB

Post by REB »

marcengels wrote:Image

If you had to sum up Bendtner in one picture, then this is it.

The "How did that not go in" look, this decade's in-look for Arsenal forwards.

:wink:
there was others but he looked happy in them and that wouldnt work :wink:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

When he is fully fit and has a run, think he links up well and provides an awkward figure for defenders, gives us an aerial threat and tends to get us goals. Makes a useful squad player and someone who can be relied on to lead the line for a time, as he did so well last season

Ever going to be a starter? Not sure but I'm certainly happy to have him in the squad. Not sure what he actually has to do for people to admit he is a decent player, who yes does need to improve, because it clearly isn't going to be scoring or leading a title challenge.

Worst Arsenal striker I have seen? No way.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

He is shit end of. Compare him to any striker at dare i say it .. The scum
All the strikers there are better than Bendy. Even the Pikey!

Infact i would say one of the worst in the whole prem

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

He's a great squad player. He gives us a real threat in the air when he comes on. All this bollocks about not being PL class is bullshit, he is not a championship player.

2 goals since coming back isn't a bad return. His record for scoring important last minute goal is unrivaled in our team. He is far from the worst striker to play for us.

And support the fucking fella

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Magic Hat wrote:When he is fully fit and has a run, think he links up well and provides an awkward figure for defenders, gives us an aerial threat and tends to get us goals. Makes a useful squad player and someone who can be relied on to lead the line for a time, as he did so well last season

Ever going to be a starter? Not sure but I'm certainly happy to have him in the squad. Not sure what he actually has to do for people to admit he is a decent player, who yes does need to improve, because it clearly isn't going to be scoring or leading a title challenge.

Worst Arsenal striker I have seen? No way.
Learn to control the ball with his first touch would help.Which is one of the basic skills of football.He has the first touch of a baby elephant.Would do well at Stoke and Bolton

augie

Post by augie »

I dont rate him much tbh - his first touch is absolutely woeful, his link up play isnt good enough as a result and for a big man he wins fcuk all in the air :shock: He is another 10 goal a season striker and imo we have too many of them anyway :roll: Prior to yesterday I would have said chamakh is a better option....works harder, better 1st touch and is pacier but yesterday I did wonder if having rvp and bendy on the bench unsettled him and if so that would be a real concern for me

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Hmmm... he can't control the ball, it bounces off him further than some can kick, his not physical enough either, he's a 4th choice striker at best, and is probably on a par with Chapman

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

mikeyb772001 wrote:He is shit end of. Compare him to any striker at dare i say it .. The scum

Your a woman who tried to seduce Wenger, failed at it and have never got over it? Only such hatred of Wenger and some of his players, can't have anything to do with football. Frustration, annoyance and wanting him out, personal insults and blind ranting? No idea who Pikey is
donaldo wrote:Learn to control the ball with his first touch would help.Which is one of the basic skills of football.He has the first touch of a baby elephant.Would do well at Stoke and Bolton
Probably would do well at lot of clubs. His first touch is better then it was (not saying much I'll admit) but still needs a lot of work I agree and until he does, I can't see him starting for the team bar injuries.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Magic Hat wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:He is shit end of. Compare him to any striker at dare i say it .. The scum

Your a woman who tried to seduce Wenger, failed at it and have never got over it? Only such hatred of Wenger and some of his players, can't have anything to do with football. Frustration, annoyance and wanting him out, personal insults and blind ranting? No idea who Pikey is
donaldo wrote:Learn to control the ball with his first touch would help.Which is one of the basic skills of football.He has the first touch of a baby elephant.Would do well at Stoke and Bolton
Probably would do well at lot of clubs. His first touch is better then it was (not saying much I'll admit) but still needs a lot of work I agree and until he does, I can't see him starting for the team bar injuries.
Keane I would summise... :?