NICHOLAS BENDTNER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

I think the problem with him is although he is still relatively young and we shouldn't expect him to be the finished article yet, he hasn't got anything in his game to suggest he is going to improve with age so it's hard to make allowances for him..
I suppose he's ok as a squad player for us but even with that i would prefer a player capable of making an impact from the bench, someone who is particularly good at something, either very quick very skillful or very good in the air and Bendtner is none of those.
For me he would be more suited playing as second striker for a mid table team the likes of Bolton and if we have any pretensions to being a trophy winning club then i don't see him having much of a future with us, not in the team or on the bench...
Last edited by Bergkamp-Genius on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

NBM wrote:Got a tenner on with the old man that he gets at least 10 goals this season. He may be all of the above, but should start in lesser CL games and the 2 domestic cups, so hopefully some easy beer tokens!
He come good,once we are out the running for everthing??? Or is that before XMAS :shock: :shock: :) :wink:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Magic Hat wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:He is shit end of. Compare him to any striker at dare i say it .. The scum
All the strikers there are better than Bendy. Even the Pikey!

Infact i would say one of the worst in the whole prem
Your a woman who tried to seduce Wenger, failed at it and have never got over it? Only such hatred of Wenger and some of his players, can't have anything to do with football. Frustration, annoyance and wanting him out, personal insults and blind ranting? No idea who Pikey is
donaldo wrote:Learn to control the ball with his first touch would help.Which is one of the basic skills of football.He has the first touch of a baby elephant.Would do well at Stoke and Bolton
Probably would do well at lot of clubs. His first touch is better then it was (not saying much I'll admit) but still needs a lot of work I agree and until he does, I can't see him starting for the team bar injuries.
I made valid points, like them or not. I don’t pick out stupid comments you make such as Bendy being a “good squad playerâ€

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:He is shit end of. Compare him to any striker at dare i say it .. The scum

Your a woman who tried to seduce Wenger, failed at it and have never got over it? Only such hatred of Wenger and some of his players, can't have anything to do with football. Frustration, annoyance and wanting him out, personal insults and blind ranting? No idea who Pikey is
donaldo wrote:Learn to control the ball with his first touch would help.Which is one of the basic skills of football.He has the first touch of a baby elephant.Would do well at Stoke and Bolton
Probably would do well at lot of clubs. His first touch is better then it was (not saying much I'll admit) but still needs a lot of work I agree and until he does, I can't see him starting for the team bar injuries.
I made valid points, like them or not. I don’t pick out stupid comments you make such as Bendy being a “good squad playerâ€

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

goonersid wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

[quote="mikeyb772001"]

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Firsty, the likes of Bendtner are at the club for one reason, they are relatively cheap. He did not cost the club anything and his salary is low when comparred to other Premiership cenre forwards.

That part of it is not Bendtner's fault.

What is his fault is the shocking lack of effort he puts in and this is displayed in his body language. He looks like a stroppy teenager that cannot be bothered. this is pretty shocking considering he should be scraping day in, day out to cement his place with the likes of Chamakh and Van Persie in front of him.

I simply expect nothing of Bendtner these days as the occasional goal does not mask his usual sub-standard performances. No pace, no touch, no flair and no aggression make a pretty poor centre forward and all those traits apply to Bendtner.

Would anyone have been happy back in the 1 to 11 days if Bendtner wore the number 9 shirt for Arsenal on a regular basis?

Number 52 is pretty apt in my opinion.

:roll:

NBM

Post by NBM »

bergkamp10 wrote:
NBM wrote:Got a tenner on with the old man that he gets at least 10 goals this season. He may be all of the above, but should start in lesser CL games and the 2 domestic cups, so hopefully some easy beer tokens!
He come good,once we are out the running for everthing??? Or is that before XMAS :shock: :shock: :) :wink:
During the season, bring on the flat track bully!

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Thing is we could probably get £10m-£15m for him quite easily. And I’d be surprised if we couldn’t get a better striker for £15m. Or we could just give Denilson a new contract & a pay-rise.

Gooner Gus

Post by Gooner Gus »

its all been said... Bentdner is shit. glad a few others share the same opinion as me

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

He is ok as a squad player and nothing more. But, if it means that when he comes on as he did against Newcastle and Cesc ends up chipping everything into the box in the hope that we get a Crouchesque flick on then I'm not sure that's a decent Plan B or worth paying top dollar to see.

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Thing is we could probably get £10m-£15m for him quite easily. And I’d be surprised if we couldn’t get a better striker for £15m. Or we could just give Denilson a new contract & a pay-rise.
Denilson new contract and pay rise!!! :D

augie

Post by augie »

[quote="Magic Hat"][quote="mikeyb772001"]

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I honestly thought he did ok towards the end of last season, I think he may be a bit disheartened, knowing that he is once again 3rd choice, and maybe realises his future is elsewhere.
I don't agree that he is shite, there are far worse players at the club than Nic. Although his attitude or at least his body language could be abit more positive if he has any hopes of winning over the fans.
To attach any blame to him for yesterdays defeat, would be harsh, and I would actually preferred him to have been introduced before RVP, simply because he had more match fitness.