DIRTY LEEDS F.A. CUP 3RD REPLAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

I dont think Dirty Leeds will score, so i guess that means we will win.

For those of you on train, asking why its taking so long,,, work it out ..... Eboue - Why ? is going and his proffession is ?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

jamjc64 wrote:I dont think Dirty Leeds will score, so i guess that means we will win.

For those of you on train, asking why its taking so long,,, work it out ..... Eboue - Why ? is going and his proffession is ?
.......A SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

My ticket arrived yesterday afternoon, so off to Leeds in about an hour. Hopefully the drive back on Thursday will be a happy one and I will have all my limbs intact! :barscarf: :barscarf:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Chippy wrote:My ticket arrived yesterday afternoon, so off to Leeds in about an hour. Hopefully the drive back on Thursday will be a happy one and I will have all my limbs intact! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Unlike your victims, eh Chippy :?: :shock: :lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

marcengels wrote:
Chippy wrote:My ticket arrived yesterday afternoon, so off to Leeds in about an hour. Hopefully the drive back on Thursday will be a happy one and I will have all my limbs intact! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Unlike your victims, eh Chippy :?: :shock: :lol:
Brother in law was one of the people who found one of the first victims of the Yorkshire ripper. Worked at a bank in Headingley when someone came in all ashen faced and asked them to call the police. He had to go out and have a look. :roll: Any murders near the M1 over the next 48 hours are purely coincidental. :twisted:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

just heard we've filled our 3,000 allocation but leeds offered us an extra 1,700 and the club turned it down :?
we having trouble selling or something :shock:

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:just heard we've filled our 3,000 allocation but leeds offered us an extra 1,700 and the club turned it down :?
We didn't sell out until yesterday so the club were right in turning down the extra 1,700 as it would've cost them.

Henry Norris 1913

Iceman29 wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:just heard we've filled our 3,000 allocation but leeds offered us an extra 1,700 and the club turned it down :?
We didn't sell out until yesterday so the club were right in turning down the extra 1,700 as it would've cost them.
would have cost them?

god forbid they waste a single tuppence :x :banghead:

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Iceman29 wrote:
would have cost them?

god forbid they waste a single tuppence :x :banghead:
Arsenal would've needed to underwrite the FA Cup tickets so incase AFC were not able to sell they would have bourne the cost which in this case was a wise move.

Why should they waste money?

Henry Norris 1913

a couple of mates tried to get tickets yesterday and were told sold out. just a bit of a bummer thats all.

I understand the decision but still...

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:a couple of mates tried to get tickets yesterday and were told sold out. just a bit of a bummer thats all.

I understand the decision but still...
TBF there has to be a cut-off point somewhere.

You have to bare in mind that you're trying to get tickets only 2 days before the match. The same day that the club had only just sold its original 3,000. They're not going to sell another 1,700 in less then a day.

Yep, a bit of a bummer but in fairness you would have got them had you not tried so late.

crocit

Post by crocit »

i predict
Chesney
Eboue Kos Jooroo Gibbs

Denilson
Rosicky Wilshere
Arshavin Bentdner
Chamakh

and that we'll knock us out the fa cup! i want the strongest line up then rest a few v Wigan, then the strongest next Tuesday v Ipswich! then a couple of weaker players v Huddersfield next sunday! but Wenger wont do that.

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

agree with crocit on both counts.

wenger is going to thrown the fa cup away this year

augie

Post by augie »

Have a look on the official website and see how many matches this season has gone to general sale - to think it was only last season or the season before that we took the piss out of the chavs for being unable to sell out without general sale :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

stefanek

Post by stefanek »

Very true Augie - Unfortunately a sign of the times and now I think some of the fans (not the hardcore Away Boys) are treating the FA Cup like an AW team selection, its not top of their priority list for attending - especially when its midweek and a Replay....