Song or Essien ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Louder

Song or Essien ?

Post by Louder »

Just wondering what people were thinking at this moment in time. The first thing that came to mind was the money paid for each player. But then I put the £££££'s to one side and looked at it purely from the point of view of which would I most want to see in an arsenal shirt. Taking into account age, potential, current ability/form etc, I still came to the same conclusion. I think you all know what my answer would be, so I won't enhance my unfair title as a WUM any further :oops: .

I'm just watching the Bolton/Chelsea game and catching a glimpse of Cahill ( and at the same time Essien ). Which is why I raise this question.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Essien but hopefully song in the future. He has played well recently but was awful at the start. Essien is one of the worlds best.

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Song has grown on me of late and looks like he can be the real deal. Essien is the finished article though so him for now.....

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Song has improved in the last month but Essien is the real deal

You next question Louder will be Denilshit or Lampard :shock:

Vince

Post by Vince »

Did u guys know that they used to play together at Bastia?? 8)
there was Chimbonda too :lol:

Post by 1989 »

On current form, Song shits all over Essien.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Song or Essien... :lol: :lol:

There is no comparison between the two it's like comparing Bendtner with Drogba, Essien is quicker, more dynamic, more aggressive much more of a handful..
He's wasted at Chelski they don't get the most out of him but he would be perfect for us, Cesc and Essien in the middle together would be the perfect combination...Essien would give us the pace, the bite and the drive and Cesc the craft.. :cry:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

chelski fans I know say essiens been pants this season

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Obviously Essien at this point.

Imagine if he had been fit for the World Cup given how close Ghana came without him...

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Chelski friends of mine say Drogba Terry Cole and Cech have been pants this year....thank god we have Bendtner Squillaci Clichy and Ches :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Different types of player.

Song is more of a "Sitting" midfielder who's main talent is his tackling, but who will charge forward several times during a game and can play a decent forward pass. This season he has played a bit higher up the pitch than last, but cannot be described as an attacking midfielder.

Essien is an all action midfielder who's main asset is his workrate, but who can tackle too, can bomb forward and does get goals.

Essien is better than Song but Song is much improved on the player of two seasons ago.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Essien hasnt been at his best this season (not helped by injury) but when on form I think he's the best player in the world. Absolute class. Song is improving, but I'd take Essien every time (although as mentioned they arent quite like for like players)

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

On current form, Song has nothing to be jealous about Essien. If Alex can keep up this form on a consistant basis, for lets say the next 2 seasons then he can acquire Essien's status.

Essien is a more explosive player than Song, and like others I don't see him playing in the same role as Song. Now a midfield 3 of Cesc-Song-Essien would be devastating!!!

So I think the question should be Essien or Wilshire? To what I answer Young Jack!!! At this moment Essien is then times the player Wilshire is, but I'm highly confident that things won't be quite the same in a few years time. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Song all day, i luv his hairrr xxx <3 2k11

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Essien.

Song has been good recently but for a long period this season he has been a liability, he's playing more for the team now and his performances have improved.

Essien is just better in every department although I think the injuries may be taking its toll now, I would still have him over Song though who can either be very good or very bad, when he finds the middle ground then he will be there.