The New Gooner Magazine

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

The New Gooner Mag Layout - Do You ...

Like It
42%
Prefer The Old Layout
16%
What? The Onlinegooner also comes in Magazine format?
42%

Total votes: 19

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

SWLGooner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote: i'd love to swap languages and never speak portuguese again to be honest. latin languages are a big pain in the ass.
Wouldn't agree with that, I prefer speaking Spanish to English, it's a much nicer language 8)
let's swap passports then mate. come live here in brazil and i'll take your place in putney :lol: :lol: :wink: :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

hmm, i see the noxiously positive mickey cannon is still in it.

what a stupid remark by him on this thread. the chanting is for the greater good. it matters not when its done, im sure frimpong, who is yet another of these well grounded, not having it all at a too young age, in touch with reality bentley driving 19 year olds, will be so hurt by the chanting when he comes on..............

arsenal in for there worst season in years, and with the weakest squad since gg's last season, with little hope or prospect of it being improved having just lost our one genuinly world class player, and the gooner takes on apositive spin, great timing, but you've f*cked up a great publication, at least in this addition.

:barscarf:

Mickey Cannon

Post by Mickey Cannon »

Chanting can be for the greater good and if its before the game, at half time or just as the game ends, then I am all for it, but how would you feel if you were a young promising player coming on as a sub and you heard fans reacting like that?

Mercangels made a fair point about Cesc but what about Ramsay? And what about Wilshere? When he started playing for the first team, most fans were telling Wenger to buy a replacement for Vieira in the centre of midfield.

Never underestimate how big a aprt confidence plays in a players performance, all players will tell you how important it is.

Mickey Cannon

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote: i'd love to swap languages and never speak portuguese again to be honest. latin languages are a big pain in the ass.
Wouldn't agree with that, I prefer speaking Spanish to English, it's a much nicer language 8)
let's swap passports then mate. come live here in brazil and i'll take your place in putney :lol: :lol: :wink: :barscarf:
If only I spoke Portuguese :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

MJF0402 wrote:We now have two subscribers in Brazil and it's great to know the fanzine is so widely read. At the last count, it is sent to 28 countries around the globe, so if you're reading this overseas and are not already a subscriber, why not give it a go?
and 2 in ireland

me and augie :wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

MJF0402 wrote:We now have two subscribers in Brazil and it's great to know the fanzine is so widely read. At the last count, it is sent to 28 countries around the globe, so if you're reading this overseas and are not already a subscriber, why not give it a go?
Mike, does the publication get sent out to Singapore?? :?

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I haven't bought it since they stopped publishing the wonderful letters penned by Gus Ceasar is a Legend.

8) :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

Percy Dalton wrote:I haven't bought it since they stopped publishing the wonderful letters penned by Gus Ceasar is a Legend.

or since your free subscription ended :wink:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:I haven't bought it since they stopped publishing the wonderful letters penned by Gus Ceasar is a Legend.

or since your free subscription ended :wink:
Yep that too!

:lol: