Are You happy with Transfer Dealings?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Babatunde wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:
I'm with you on Benayoun...i'm surprised at the amount of negativity towards him on here...Granted he's not the ''super quality'' that we would all have liked but he's still a good player...

If he's fit
Sorry I couldn't stop laughing beyond this point!!!

I'm happy to have brought some happiness to your life, in your hours of darkness, oh angry one. :evil: :evil:.

:wink:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

On Benayoun, and proof he was a quality signing and DEFINITELY not a desperate, pathetic panic buy!

Israeli website One.co.il reports that last Tuesday Benayoun and his agent decided he had to leave Chelsea, and flew from Israel to London via Frankfurt. On deadline day he had a flight leaving for Israel at 2300 UK time.

They go on to say, “Benayoun did not spend a moment at the Arsenal training ground and the club agreed that he did not have to take a medical. Even the fax was sent to the airport in London, just before his flight was to take off. He signed at the airport and immediately left to return to Israel.â€

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Arshavin speaks

'Of course the club had been working on transfers but I think the 8-2 speeded up and invigorated their work,’ said Arshavin.

‘Perhaps another holding midfielder wouldn't hurt and, as far as I know, we were trying till the last minute to get M'Vila, but unfortunately we weren't able to buy him.’

Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi backed up the 30-year-old’s claim, saying: ‘Arsenal were prepared to offer £20.1m before the close of the transfer market, but we were not listening because Yann decided to stay.’

Arshavin also expressed his pain at having lost Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri – labelling their departures as a ‘catastrophe’ for the club, and suggests only Barcelona’s Xavi could come close to replacing them.

‘When people say no-one is irreplaceable I don't agree’ said the Russian.

‘At the moment, losing Fabregas and Nasri is a catastrophe.

'Watching the Udinese match I said to (Nicklas) Bendtner that now we have no-one so comfortable with passing the ball to Robin van Persie or who ideally utilises the qualities of the other forwards.

'He smiled and replied, "Yes, the only player who could properly replace Cesc is probably Xavi".

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Well at least we were in for him, hopefully a cheeky january bid might sway the boy.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Wow. Just wow.
Having seen the fat useless, slow as a snail Andre Santos get destroyed on his side yesterday now I understand why a so-called Brazilian international was wasting away his career in the fierce Turkish league! Pathetic, desperate signing.

Mertesacker. Oh dear. Slower than death, all at sea, turning circle of the QE2. Complete shambles in virtually every minute he has played.

Benayoun. Predictably shite and useless. Rubbish Chelski reserve.

Gervinho: twat. Run for 50 yards and doesn't have the vision to pass the ball to a totally unmarked Van Persie when a chance to kill the game presented itself.

Arteta is the only signing who has been of any quality this summer. That's it.

It makes me laugh to hear people say 'Arsene needs to be backed in the transfer market'.

He has still spent £56 million on players this summer and the purchases have been so ***** that it is going to take a new manager at least another £70 million in new transfer funds to fix this. And that's without mentioning all the crap Wenger has signed who will have to be compensated/released on the cheap from their fat contracts.

Wenger cannot be trusted with the club's money. Despite the £25 ml profit, that's still £56 million spent in the summer on players and Arsenal somehow look positively far worse than they did the previous season.

Shocking.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Babatunde wrote:Wow. Just wow.
Having seen the fat useless, slow as a snail Andre Santos get destroyed on his side yesterday now I understand why a so-called Brazilian international was wasting away his career in the fierce Turkish league! Pathetic, desperate signing.

Mertesacker. Oh dear. Slower than death, all at sea, turning circle of the QE2. Complete shambles in virtually every minute he has played.

Benayoun. Predictably shite and useless. Rubbish Chelski reserve.

Gervinho: twat. Run for 50 yards and doesn't have the vision to pass the ball to a totally unmarked Van Persie when a chance to kill the game presented itself.

Arteta is the only signing who has been of any quality this summer. That's it.

It makes me laugh to hear people say 'Arsene needs to be backed in the transfer market'.

He has still spent £56 million on players this summer and the purchases have been so ***** that it is going to take a new manager at least another £70 million in new transfer funds to fix this. And that's without mentioning all the crap Wenger has signed who will have to be compensated/released on the cheap from their fat contracts.

Wenger cannot be trusted with the club's money. Despite the £25 ml profit, that's still £56 million spent in the summer on players and Arsenal somehow look positively far worse than they did the previous season.

Shocking.
The most shocking thing is he spent the most on a 17 yrs old kid from a championship side

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Tut tut.
So so so. Where are all the muppets who slated me when I told you about Gervinho? I'll mention it again for the hard of hearing: Lille were only too happy to snatch that £11 mil, just as Lorient were happy to snatch the £10 mil for Koscielny. Lille kept a class player in Hazard, and got to offload a piece of shit like Gervinho. Gervinho is a fucking joke.
He had the Blackburn game in his hands and his selfish vanity cost us, refusing to pass to RVP. No vision, crap first touch, never looks up, no awareness, fuck all passing skill.

Next up, Mertesacker.
What was it I said? Oh yeah. I said that the reason that Werder Bremen team had conceded a record number of goals in a season and almost went down, was because Torsten Frings stopped playing alongside another DCM...and the minute Mertesacker doesn't have a disciplined system in front of him, he is dead.
A tactical manager plays Mert in a system, with two holders and protection from midfield and he is fine. He reads the game well so he can mop up ther. Bit playing for a fuckstick like Wenger at Arsenal? You watch him get burned by a tool like Defoe, marvel at his slowness and general bumbling!

Benayoun...WOW!
Oh but I forget, someone said he ain't a Chelski reject! Chelski just though they would help the tramps at Arsenal by donating a microwaved turd as a meal! Absolute fucking gash. Not much more needs to be said!

Andre Santos: is he still in the chippie stuffing himself with saveloys? Again some numb-nuts came out with 'oh Brazil international'.
Yah. Explains why at his age he was knocking about in Turkish football eh? Still. Once he gets that saveloy out his mouth I am sure he can add a lot! WOW the 'Brazilian international' who cannot get a game ahead of someone as useless and raw as Gibbs!!!!

Arteta. His level was Everton. Decent player but when you lose Fabregas you don't bring in Arteta. You bring in Mario Goetze or you bring in Eden Hazard. Arteta is a good squad player but he cannot do a quarter of what Cesc can.

You really are getting evidence of what a fucked up summer it has been and what a Joke club we now support. It's a disgrace of a club run by a *word censored*. And the deluded fans who were all gleeful after the summer window, hang your fucking heads in shame.

You watched AW sell off our finest china and replace it with plastic second hand tupperware from the Red Cross charity shop. And you actually supported him in doing that.

You reap what you sow.

FIFTEENTH IN THE LEAGUE BEHIND THREE PROMOTED TEAMS.

You get what you deserve.
:oops:

antgel

Post by antgel »

Babatunde wrote:
You reap what you sow.

FIFTEENTH IN THE LEAGUE BEHIND THREE PROMOTED TEAMS.

You get what you deserve.
:oops:
My scum mate actually put the "FIFTEENTH..." quote on Twitter earlier. I think the book on whether you're a WUM is pretty much closed now. Not that I really care, waste your time on an Arsenal forum if you want, enjoy. :lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Great logic Antgel! Zzzzzz...

Fifteenth is Arsenal's position in the league table, in case you never got that far in Friday's maths 101 class. So for pointing out Arsenal's league position (something many others have done in the NLD thread) errr...that somehow makes me a Spud. Yaaaah.

Cos I am sure a Spud would spend their time, in the top half of the table, giving it to a team that even Steve Kean's Blackburn Rovers could put 4 goals past!

Be a bit like ManUre fans going on Norwich blogs after having won LOL

Shut the fuck up you brainless gorbellied spunkbubble. That is literally, the lamest retort you could have come up with.

I'll repeat: WE ARE FIFTEENTH IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE BEHIND THREE PROMOTED TEAMS. UNACCEPTABLE.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Oh how could I forget...
Park Choo Young!
WOW! Just...WOW!

Such a great signing that with 10 minutes to go and desperate for an equalizer...a 6'6 German centre-half was trusted up front ahead of our 'South Korea captain'.

Great signing Arsene!
:roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Happy that we signed Mikel Arteta and happy that we signed the Ox but as a whole, absolutely bloody not.

For the benefit of the Self Harmer and his gathering of goldfish brain followers, can we wind the clock back to May (I don't even need to specify which May.....perm any from the years 2006 to 2011). We all knew, hey even Mr.Knows knew (allegedly) that the present playing squad need enhancing. So we sold our first choice left back and the two most creative midfielders in our squad, and amongst the best in Europe. We sold our second choice right back, farmed out a series of fringe players (again) and signed what....

Finally, a complete PL midfielder in the shape of Mikel Arteta....err, and that's where the good news ends.

Did I want another gamble with a centre half never to have stepped foot inside the PL ? NO

Did I want to be virtually solely reliant on Robin van Persie as our attacking force ? NO

Did I want to still have three reserve goalkeepers of League One standard ? NO

Did I want to rely on a series of under 21 'starlets' to cover the CDM role for Song ? NO

Did I want one recognised right back in the entire squad ? NO

And so here we are, 7 games into a miserable season sitting 15th and three months away from being able to even consider doing something about it.

Our one recognised CDM is playing at centre half, whilst poor old Franny Coquelin tries to anchor a midfield shorn of its best talents. Our one recognised right back is out for 3 months (watch that develop into six). We are one RvP injury away from having to consider Chamakh or Park as our main striker (with the option of Gump as a back-up.....well at least that may finally bury the myth of his pending stardom as a central striker). And we are one injury away from having to put up with one of the Three Stooges in goal, ready to reignite their battle to see who can produce the most individual errors in a career.

So, on balance....all things considered......I would say

NO, I'M FUCKING FURIOUS AT OUR TRANSFER DEALINGS

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Its early days but Mertesacker looks awful :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:Its early days but Mertesacker looks awful :?
I said it well in advance of the window and I'll say it again. The CB position has been our most vulnerable position for years and we consistently tread on the rake by signing players that have never experienced the PL.

For my money the CB and CM positions are the hardest to master in the PL from the perspective of an overseas player. Watch any La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 match and you will never see a game played at the pace of yesterday's match at the Shithole, nor will you see an aerial bombardment similar to that at the Britannia, Reebok, St Andrews etc. Every central defender we've signed from overseas has commented on how shocked they've been at the physical nature of the game.....and yet having seen a whole host of them join and fail we repeat the trick time and time again.

Scott Dann may not be a world beater to sign for winning the CL, not Christopher Samba, nor Gary Cahill. But I would prefer any of them ahead of Ligue Deux, Djourou, Squillaci or Mertesacker because at least I know that when we're playing at those venues they are not going to be overawed or battered around like little boys. When Adebayor kept rolling Song off his shoulder yesterday I longed for a Martin Keown kick up the arse because all too often now, very ordinary strikers (Yakubu FFS) are being made to look like quality strikers by our shambolic backline.

And if I hear one more time "70 odd caps for Germany".......well how the fuck is that meant to help us when we're getting dicked about at Bolton, Newcastle, Stoke or Blackburn.

Emile Heskey has "60 odd caps" for England but I doubt he light up the Bundesliga or La Liga

King Vieira

Post by King Vieira »

I'm not judging Mertesacker until he's paired with a proper CB (Vermaelen)

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:Its early days but Mertesacker looks awful :?

It is funny but I thought that yesterday he did ok with the excelption of both him and sagna failing to deal with the long high ball launched down in the 2nd half. Yes he looked cumbersome when booked for clattering defoe but he made some crucial tackles and his reading of the game allowed him to make some good interceptions 8) Certainly wasnt given a run around by either centre forward yesterday

I generally agree with most of what you post baba but I do think that you are being a slight bit premature slating a few of the signings - arteta for me was a good buy and although yesterday wasnt his best game he didnt hide (unlike some eh theo, gervinho and rvp :roll: ) and was always looking to get on the ball. However it is your slating of santos that baffles me most - how can you knock a guy that has only started 2 games for us so far ? :? Any guy moving to a new country and new league takes time to settle and this guy is hardly getting any playing time as well so what are you basing your opinions on ? Bizzare for me I have to say