Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Has anyone found Jim White's head yet?

Last seen around 11pm last night firing itself somewhere towards Luton!

8)

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Got to love him though, poor Natalie Swayer was just sat saying nothing looking lovely as ever.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

yep we loss Cesc and Nasri, but to be honest, we won fuck all when they were there

the biggest loss to this club under Wenger was Vieira, and that is one player we never replaced and still haven't.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Glad that a lot of the underachievers have been moved out -, Clichy, Eboue, Traore, Denilson, Bendtner, Vela ( if only on loan for a couple of them) but it still leaves a few who have nothing to offer, Almunia, Squillaci,

The replacements are mostly seasoned, experienced, internationals who hopefully can bring some solidity to our team, with a couple of potentials which Arsene is so keen on.

None of the signings of the last 2 days were ones that would have been out of the question a month or two back, so the big question is why leave them so late and throw 8 points down the drain and risk missing out on the Champions league through non qualification - which was a real threat.

Also, if the penny has finally dropped with Arsene that his project is kaput, will he persist in the 4-3-3 that went with it and was very much a major part of its failure ?

Attacking fullbacks, that were garbage once near the opponents box, and poor crossers of the ball, with lightweight, lazy wideplayers who offfered no defensive shield left us absolutely prone to a counterattck.

A centreforward who, while decent in the air, has no chance in winning a ball from a Schezney goal kick and flicking it on to a colleague as they are miles away, isolated on either wing.

So has he accepted that a horses for courses policy will see different formations / different players against the likes of Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn would be more successfull than insisting we play "The Arsenal Way" regardless of the opposition and their strengths and weaknesses.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

From the Guardian:

Arsenal are showing interest in Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo, whose contract runs out at the end of the season.

Nice when they tell you so succinctly the exact reason why the club is interested in this player.

:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Is this bastard thread not locked down yet ? :banghead: :banghead:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

You're asking for a new thread augie?

:shock: :lol:

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:yep we loss Cesc and Nasri, but to be honest, we won fuck all when they were there

the biggest loss to this club under Wenger was Vieira, and that is one player we never replaced and still haven't.
I was trying to take in what was being said but that rosies tits are unreal and I lost concentration can we start again

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:Is this bastard thread not locked down yet ? :banghead: :banghead:
They thought it was all over..... it is now!! 8) :lol: :lol: :wink: