The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Did the job though
2 minutes later we scored 8)

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Red Member wrote:the banner will have no effect as long as the team keeps winning.

as I just mentioned on another thread that is now 6 wins out of 7 at home.
surely the whole point of protests if you are on a losing run?
"6 wins out of 7 at home". Does that mean you are missing out the 8-2 shame, the Blackburn debacle and the loss against our hated local rivals? But you are including the wins against the mighty Shrewsbury, the giants of Swansea, high flying Bolton and prolific Sunderland? There's none so blind as those who will not see.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Red Member wrote:Did the job though
2 minutes later we scored
No it didn't you melt, it was up 20 minutes before the game apparently.

Not surprised it got taken down, stupid *word censored* probably can't spell 'fire safety certificate' let alone apply for one.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

SWLGooner wrote:
No it didn't you melt, it was up 20 minutes before the game apparently.Not surprised it got taken down, stupid c**t probably can't spell 'fire safety certificate' let alone apply for one.
Exactly. Only Wenger apologists think we can score before kick-off. :roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

We won now all is rosy in the Wenger garden.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
No it didn't you melt, it was up 20 minutes before the game apparently.Not surprised it got taken down, stupid c**t probably can't spell 'fire safety certificate' let alone apply for one.
Exactly. Only Wenger apologists think we can score before kick-off. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Red Member wrote:the banner will have no effect as long as the team keeps winning.

as I just mentioned on another thread that is now 6 wins out of 7 at home.
surely the whole point of protests if you are on a losing run?
You predictable cuntwad, I said in the pub after the game that you'd put this up on the forum and you haven't let me down. Tosser... :awnker: :awnker: :awnker: (Bet you wouldn't have posted fuck all had we drawn) :roll:

Jay the goon

Post by Jay the goon »

The banner wasn't confiscated was it ?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Good interview.

arsenal1970

Post by arsenal1970 »

Good move putting it up whilst Arsne is still in the changing room........NOT
Would have been great to of seen in when Sunderland drew back to one all.
Good idea badly carried out. Epic fail!!!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

jesus. 50 pages. is this a forum record?

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

TeeCee wrote:TeeCee says.....Twat!
radford says thats charming

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

TeeCee wrote:TeeCee says.....Twat!
radford asks .....why?

Gunnersaurus

Re: 'That' banner!

Post by Gunnersaurus »

FrustratedLongtimeGooner wrote:Morning all. First time poster who needs to get this off his chest.

I'm done, finished, I can stand no more of 'Arsenes Arsenal'.

I guess, if I'm honest, the end for me came when we lost to Birmingham in the Cup final. Since that day I've wanted to believe in him but in reality that was the day I lost all hope.  

Even before that point though I'd always been slightly critical of the way we never retained titles-blaming it on Arsene tactics etc-and always felt under him we'd never win a european trophy. In those days though the 'trade off' was seeing us really compete donestically with some great players playing some genuinely great football. Since 2004 though each passing season has seen a little more of a decline, missed opportunities, and world-class players starting to leave in their prime.

Yet even up to that Birmingham game I always looked forward to Arsenal games and celebrated every goal like a loon! Since that Cup final though I've just not been the same. I don't get half as excited any more, the only goal I've really celebrated was Chamberlains the other night (he's going to be some player!) and sadly there's a very VERY small part of me that wants to see us concede and even lose games! Can you believe that? I feel terrible for even discussing it but I know its the ONLY way there's any chance that Arsene Wenger will leave the Club-which is now what I want more than anything. Because with him in charge there is no hope that we'll ever really compete or win trophies again. He's a poor man-manager, terrible at tactics, and will not admit he's ever wrong. I hate listening to him and everything he now says irritates the *%^@ out of me And the board can't escape criticism here by effectively giving him a job for life. Ridiculous-absolutely ridiculous.

As for the fans! What the hell is wrong with them? We're one of the biggest most famous clubs in world football yet even now some can't see how bad we've become. Its their fawning over Wenger and willingness to accept anything he or the Club does that's caused some of this. No other supporters of a big Club would accept this apart from us and it maddens and frustrates the life out of me. I mean just how bad does it have to get? 8-2, 4-3, 4-4....no problem, 'in Wenger we trust.....'

Their ambitions for this Club are simply pathetic yet sadly its their support the Club tends to hear most (witness the 'one Arsene Wenger' chants at recent games). Even the falling crowds are blamed on the economical difficulties surrounding the world rather than the fact we're just not that good any more.

The only way I'll start to enjoy Arsenal games again is if were to go on a fantastic run over twelve months culminating in a second place finish and a super run in the Champions league. I'd have to admit I was wrong and take the flak that comes my way. That wont happen though so I'll have to wait until Wenger AND/OR the board (hopefully both as they're all culpable to some extent) leave the Club. Get owners in who think about the football first and the finances second. And get a manager who does defending, does tactics, and doesn't make endless excuses for his own shortcomings.

So whilst I can't deny I feel a little uncomfortable abut this banner I totally understand and agree with the sentiments behind it. I also thought Frank Butcher spoke really well on the radio and made some great points the other day.
Let's hope that this is not only your first but your last.

So did it go up today? Was in block 3, looked around all game.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

arsenal1970 wrote:Good move putting it up whilst Arsne is still in the changing room........NOT
Would have been great to of seen in when Sunderland drew back to one all.
Good idea badly carried out. Epic fail!!!
So was the banner actually shown?