Twelve Pins - Money Grabbing Tossers

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Never Outgunned

Post by Never Outgunned »

topgunner wrote:Move on pal. Life's too short. :wink:
You're replies don't seem too long either.....or all that articulate!

topgunner

Post by topgunner »

I'm sorry. :yawn:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Never Outgunned wrote:
I admire your perseverance. But it bring us back to the question. Why are you so tight? :lol:

Never Outgunned

frankbutcher wrote:
Never Outgunned wrote:
I admire your perseverance. But it bring us back to the question. Why are you so tight? :lol:
You'd have to be a tight wad to go to the Twelve Pins in the first place - it's full of people who won't pay to go to the game.

Never Outgunned

topgunner wrote:I'm sorry. :yawn:
Don't fall asleep, you've got punters to serve - oh no, sorry. Forgot, it's not a matchday, is it?

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Never Outgunned wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
Never Outgunned wrote:
You'd have to be a tight wad to go to the Twelve Pins in the first place - it's full of people who won't pay to go to the game.
But you have admitted you were in there. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OT02

Post by OT02 »

You're a grown adult, and you're moaning about a pub's entrance policy and staff on the internet.

Please, get a life.

Never Outgunned

OT02 wrote:You're a grown adult, and you're moaning about a pub's entrance policy and staff on the internet. Please, get a life.
And why can't I do that then?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

IMO the best pubs round Arsenal are the Wig and Gown, the Pins, the Blackstock and the Auld Triangle.

The beer in the Triangle isn't great quality though.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Never Outgunned wrote:
OT02 wrote:You're a grown adult, and you're moaning about a pub's entrance policy and staff on the internet. Please, get a life.
Because you dont come across too well

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

SWLGooner wrote:IMO the best pubs round Arsenal are the Wig and Gown, the Pins, the Blackstock and the Auld Triangle.

The beer in the Triangle isn't great quality though.
The Arsenal Tavern is okay as well,but I usually have a few in The Blackstock,followed by a few more in The Auld Triangle,(or more precisely outside The Auld Triangle near the Burger Vans).I have also had one or two in The Gaslight,the boozer opposite Finsbury Park tube.

Never Outgunned

storrmin571 wrote:
Never Outgunned wrote:
Because you dont come across too well
Sorry Mum.

Just to play devil's advocate here - if I'm childish and need to get a life for moaning about the service provided by a pub and it's entry policy, then by the same logic surely a forum that moans about the prices and value for money of a football club that has supposedly ruined their lives by not winning the league every season is equally childish and sad?

Just something for you to mull over.

REB

Post by REB »

ive been in the pins lots of times on non match days and its always busy with the staff very nice to the customers. so going by this thread its when the place is full on a match day the staff arent very friendly, ever think its because they are too busy to look friendly and chatty :roll:

Never Outgunned

REBEL GOONER wrote:ive been in the pins lots of times on non match days and its always busy with the staff very nice to the customers. so going by this thread its when the place is full on a match day the staff arent very friendly, ever think its because they are too busy to look friendly and chatty :roll:
Well you're entitled to your opinion Rebel, but dare I suggest it's influenced by the fact the gaff is run by your fellow country men and women

:wink:

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

SWLGooner wrote:The beer in the Triangle isn't great quality though.
You can say that again!

We stopped using The Triangle -Nee Plimsoll a few seasons back. It just got too bad in there. The beer is utter shite. Flat shit that is normally warmer than it should be.

Some of the guys I go with had been drinking in that pub almost 40 years but it got too much for them and they are real creatures of habit.

We always used to get treated well and get given glasses but more and more they get bringing over new bar staff from Ireland who didn't know us and kept trying to give us plastic. Only Carol managed to help us there.

When the Stella hit £4 a pint for the flat shit being served up we felt it was time to move on. Even Fosters/Carlsberg was £3.50.

The old bill outside making everyone stand inside a pig pen was one of the last straws. I know that's not the pubs fault but it just added to the frustration.

We now use the Eaglet. The beer is so much better, its £2.60 a pint. The bar staff are cool. Only down side is the toilets are a fucking disgrace and the Away Boys come along every couple of weeks and make a right fucking racket :barscarf: