RVP - Guilty or Not Guilty?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

RVP - Guilty or Not Guilty?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Doesn't look good. On the plus side if Lescott can get off then there's hope but as someone pointed out the other day, possibly the only reason they let Lescott off was to protect Howard Webb from 'missing' 2 obvious sending offs.

I fear a ban :cry:

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Don't think there was any intention, if Van Persie gets banned for that then they might as well ban Fellaini for life!!!

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Jesus H christ that elbow was worse then anything DB10 ever did. He truly has learnt from the master. Shearer would be proud of an elbow like that also, mind you he did always seem to get away with them.

Anyhow it was a blatent cynical elbow and im afraid if he does get a 3-4 match ban then non of us can complain really.

stg

Post by stg »

The scottish twat is trying to deflect attention from his crap managment skills funny how it is only managers who lose(Wenger included in this sweeping generlisation) matches moan about this type of thing has a manager who has won a game ever moaned to the media about and elbow etc?

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

I did not. See it.

:twisted:

ShiftyBloke

Post by ShiftyBloke »

Why worry about it when we have decent cover?

:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

He caught cuellar with his elbow of that there is no doubt but I would suggest that there was no swing or jab with his elbow so I would doubt if there was intention to hurt. I would say that he shouldnt be done on the basis that lescott wasnt done but rvp isnt english so wont have the benefit of the double standards the fa like using of late (see appeal on shreks ban and no charge for lescott if you want examples)

Of course it goes without saying that we will be fcuked without him and should have bought a quality striker but arsene knows right ? :roll: :evil: :banghead:

Btw it is funny that no attention has been drawn to how richard dunne should have got a 2nd yellow for foul on ramsey for penno :roll:

biglunn

Post by biglunn »

I really really REALLY hope RvP doesnt get banned.

Obviously, with Robin having scored over half the Arsenal goals so far, we will badly miss him. Dear god... the thought of having to start a game with Chamakh up front makes me shiver

And of course, its just another 'excuse' Wenger may use to explain poor results

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

If Rooney can get away with a forearm smash last season with no ban why not Van Persie .

Did the referee see it ? .

Also McLeish' is a winging *word censored* .

Macca

Post by Macca »

It was more a case of Cuellar catching RvP's elbow then RvP elbowing him. Cuellar was stooping down in the challenge.
McLeish is trying to avert the attention for their collapse. Anyway why doesn't he mention why Dunne didn't get a second yellow if he's highlighting the ref's decisions. :roll:
The ref was also two yards away looking straight at the incident.
No ban will be given I say.
8)

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

swimmer1 wrote:If Rooney can get away with a forearm smash last season with no ban why not Van Persie .

Did the referee see it ? .

Also McLeish' is a winging c**t .
rooney is english. van persie is dutch. therefore van persie will get suspended. fa logic.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Its not intentional. If they ban him for that EVERY striker will be banned.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Absolutely ridiculous, if we start issuing bans for incidental contact then we might as well just rename it the English Liga.

If this is the same "elbow" that I'm thinking of, RVP is trying to play the ball and accidentally catches the defender in the jaw with the elbow. No swing, no malice, no intention. Nothing worse than an average corner kick situation.

Fucking McLeish is just putting an inquest together to hide the fact his Villa side squandered a massive lead and a ton of momentum.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

ELBOWS WHO HE WANTS
ELBOWS WHO HE WAAAAAAAAAANTS
ROBIN VAN PERSIE
ELBOWS WHO HE WANTS

:barscarf:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Deliberate. The fact that he looked at him then lined him up with a sly dig.
Ban on the way.
Daft position to put yourself in really when your playing well and now a short spell on the sidelines. :cry: