The scum game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

The scum game

Post by Chippy »

2 seasons ago I went to 20+ games. I've been a gooner since the 60s. I have tix for the scum game at the the end of the month. I don't want to go. Am I wrong? I was there last year, and the previous 5/6 was there for the 4-4 (where is that *word censored* Bentley now?), don't want to do it again.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Football is unpredictable, I questioned my sanity when I brought a ticket for Chelsea away almost immediately after losing 8-2 at Old Trafford, turned out to be one of the best 50 pounds I've ever spent. If we win you'll be buzzing and if we lose, well it's to be expected sadly.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

No it's not wrong not wanting to go. Football should be a day out win lose or draw. With ya mates having a beer. But paying what we do to watch average players tell us what they are going to do and don't get near delivering leaves me feeling hollow. I'm not enjoying the football club at the mo but the only thing keeping me going are the away days such as Milan. And that will be our last.
Sad times.

Step

Post by Step »

Scum will win at a canter.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

This is the sad thing. We're sitting in 7th, the Spuds are 5pts off the top and have a really strong chance of winning the fucking thing, something I'd hoped I'd never see in my lifetime. This means that the main reason for going this year is to enjoy stopping them getting any closer to the Mancs. This is the exact opposite of how it's been between the 2 clubs for the last 20 years.
I know football is cyclical but WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR BEING CH...........

Get your arse down there Chippy!!

Herd

U MUST BE JOKING

Post by Herd »

If you can't get excited for a game against our friends from N17 then it's time to pack the Arsenal in for good !

I do realise that you have to come a long way and spend a lot of money for that privilege but still if it's gone that far then its probably best You jack it in .

This year more than any other years I can remember ,is probably the most important game against them,so much so I'm trying to get the time off work and spend about 700 quid to get home for it .

I still get goosebumps and a sick feeling in my stomach 2 days before we play them,I can't eat or drink before the game and afterwards the adrenaline comedown leaves me mentally and physically exhausted .

REB

Post by REB »

no matter what happens it is the game where arsenal fans have to show face,
fuck spu*s and there one good season in 50 years :evil:

augie

Post by augie »

I too feel the same as chippy - last season's game v those scummy *word censored* was the most angry I have ever felt as a Gooner and have only been to a few games since and wont go to this one now either :( I have been at most scum games at the grove in recent seasons but the thought of listening to those *word censored* giving it large in our house just doesnt bear thinking about. Pre wenger you could go to a game like this knowing that even if the scum were favourites the passion and heart of our players might turn them over but nowadays those qualities are in very short supply :oops: By all accounts we are 1 booking away from an rvp suspension and it would be just typical if this was the game he would miss :roll:

Btw a big thumbs up to ryanair (who I actually like :oops: ) for ensuring that it will cost me approx €180 to travel over to this game should I have decided to do so :finger:

SteveO 35

Re: U MUST BE JOKING

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:If you can't get excited for a game against our friends from N17 then it's time to pack the Arsenal in for good !

I do realise that you have to come a long way and spend a lot of money for that privilege but still if it's gone that far then its probably best You jack it in .

This year more than any other years I can remember ,is probably the most important game against them,so much so I'm trying to get the time off work and spend about 700 quid to get home for it .

I still get goosebumps and a sick feeling in my stomach 2 days before we play them,I can't eat or drink before the game and afterwards the adrenaline comedown leaves me mentally and physically exhausted .
I get that feeling 2 days before we play anybody away from home these days, and normally the feeling continues for 2 days afterwards

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Herd is bang on. I can't sleep the night before, but I am the opposite with food, I comfort eat in huge quantities before the game and get pissed most nights the week before to numb the tension. Never leave the ground without feeling totally drained o energy an adrenaline and if there is one game I could go to all year it is scum at home any day of the week!!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Eboue-Why? wrote:This is the sad thing. We're sitting in 7th, the Spuds are 5pts off the top and have a really strong chance of winning the fucking thing, something I'd hoped I'd never see in my lifetime. This means that the main reason for going this year is to enjoy stopping them getting any closer to the Mancs. This is the exact opposite of how it's been between the 2 clubs for the last 20 years.
I know football is cyclical but WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR BEING CH...........

Get your arse down there Chippy!!
Do you think our players will care about that?

They will probably swap shirts afterwards.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

augie wrote:I too feel the same as chippy - last season's game v those scummy c**ts was the most angry I have ever felt as a Gooner and have only been to a few games since and wont go to this one now either :( I have been at most scum games at the grove in recent seasons but the thought of listening to those c**ts giving it large in our house just doesnt bear thinking about. Pre wenger you could go to a game like this knowing that even if the scum were favourites the passion and heart of our players might turn them over but nowadays those qualities are in very short supply :oops: By all accounts we are 1 booking away from an rvp suspension and it would be just typical if this was the game he would miss :roll:

Btw a big thumbs up to ryanair (who I actually like :oops: ) for ensuring that it will cost me approx €180 to travel over to this game should I have decided to do so :finger:
Van Persie has 4 yellows, you need 10 now for a ban.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote: Btw a big thumbs up to ryanair (who I actually like :oops: ) for ensuring that it will cost me approx €180 to travel over to this game should I have decided to do so :finger:
So YOU were that head the ball at Goodison the other night!

:wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

are redaction or anyone planning a banner/flag display this year? :?:

Swanners

Post by Swanners »

You have to take the bad times with the good as a supporter.

Arsenal fans have been spoilt with success over the years and YES under Wenger but too many people have short memories.

Spurs are having their time in the limelight and rightly so, they're the most entertaining side in the Premier League and on paper, have some fantastic players.

Don't get bitter about it - support your team through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad.