No excuses,,, "Guardiola to leave barca

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
enjibenji

No excuses,,, "Guardiola to leave barca

Post by enjibenji »

Red Gunner

Re: No excuses

Post by Red Gunner »

Was shocked when I saw this on BBC. According to them "Guardiola will take a year-long break from football should he leave his post."

I wonder who'll replace him at Barcelona? Wenger perhaps? We're their feeder club after all :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The luckiest man in world football. He inherited a team of world beaters and with a huge chequebook to add to them (Villa and Cesc amongst others) and people knock Mourinho for needing money wherever he goes. Statistically you cant knock his trophy haul but if he has to build a team it is totally unknown if he'll be up to the task. Personally i dont want another tippy tappy merchant with no plan B if it goes tits up at Arsenal and he certainly wont be inheriting a squad or a bank account from Arsenal like he did at Barca :?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

flash gunner wrote:The luckiest man in world football.
No that is Wenger.£7m a year to finish 4th.Money for old rope

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

come here.

Babatunde

GUARDIOLA QUITS BARCA

Post by Babatunde »

Being reported in Spain that Pep has walked away.

If our club and board had ANY ambition or intelligence, they would be on the phone to him right now, telling him that after he takes his one-year sabbatical (which is what he is reported as doing), that he will be the next Arsenal manager in 2014. When Le Jester has buggered off outta town.

Of course though, I fully expect Arsene's acolytes to come on here and tell people 'Oooh Pep has no plan B' blah blah etc.

Look forward to hearing that one. If 'no plan B' means your plan A yields 12 trophies, amogst them 2 CLs and one of the finest teams ever seen, then give me Pep all day long. I'll guarantee you this, if Pep turned up, plenty of mercenaries sitting in a comfort bubble would suddenly be down the dole queue. I'm looking at you Messers Squillaci, Song, Chamakh, Park, Denilson, Bendtner, Gervinho, Almunia, Fabianski and all the assorted dross (amongst them coaching and medical staff) draining the club of serious wages.

:banghead:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

ONE season of failure and he calls it a day whereas....

Well you can see where I'm going here

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

Pep is overreacting.

donaldo

Re: GUARDIOLA QUITS BARCA

Post by donaldo »

Pep leaves after this season winning the The world club championship,the European super cup.getting to the CL semi's,finishing 2nd in La Liga with the Copa de Ray final still to come

Wenger stays you couldnt make it up

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

donaldo wrote:
flash gunner wrote:The luckiest man in world football.
No that is Wenger.£7m a year to finish 4th.Money for old rope

Wenger is on £7m a year to finish 4th in a two horse race.

kite

Post by kite »

Rohan wrote:Pep is overreacting.
Maybe. But maybe it's not just because of some results and he just needs some time to relax. Let's not forget he was still a player when he became manager, no time between.

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

kite wrote:
Maybe. But maybe it's not just because of some results and he just needs some time to relax. Let's not forget he was still a player when he became manager, no time between.
His timing is bad though.

flash gunner

Re: GUARDIOLA QUITS BARCA

Post by flash gunner »

donaldo wrote:Pep leaves after this season winning the The world club championship,the European super cup.getting to the CL semi's,finishing 2nd in La Liga with the Copa de Ray final still to come

Wenger stays you couldnt make it up
Im pretty sure he isnt leaving due to not winning the league or European Cup. I reckon its burn out he is a sensible bloke and feels its time to go for his own sake as much as anything else. This is in total contrast to Wenger i agree but its not about failure to win and im very certain Barca havent pushed him out for that reason either. The whole Wenger thing is another matter

Mike1
Site Admin

Post by Mike1 »

kite wrote:
He played for a Mexcian club side for six months before retiring and then became coach of the Barcelona B team for a season. If he does step aside then I think it's because he understands the pressures of being Barca and doesn't want things to turn sour. Better off getting out while he is still respected and adored by the fans.

Yes, yes, I know what some of you will be thinking about someone who perhaps could learn from that approach.

Resident Plastic

Re: No excuses,,, "Guardiola to leave barca

Post by Resident Plastic »

Everyone seems to have forgotten that he inherited the best team in world football. He was tactically inept the other night too, i really do not see why people assume he's a great manager.