Arsenal v Norwich

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Re: Arsenal v Norwich

Post by Rosie_titters »

Babatunde wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:don't understand why we had to play today - knowing our result really gives Tottenham and Newcastle a big advantage

why didn't we play tomorrow, like everyone else
Most laughable excuse I have heard all day.
Superb, take a bow son! Straight from the Wenger book of bullshit excuses... :roll:

THIS WAS PROMOTED NORWICH AT HOME.

And if we'd won today, the advantage woulda been ours and the pressure all on Spuds.
:rubchin:
it wasn't a excuse, just wondering why we didn't play tomorrow like everyone else, game wasn't on Sky or ESPN, so can't be for TV purposes and was wondering why we were the only game today in the PL

now you can go on again about wenger and his £7m wages, it's not like that hasn't become boring -

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Baba is right when he says our fanbase warrants blame. We must have the easiest pleased fans in the world, who readily pay thousands every year for mediocrity. At any other club he would have been fucked off in 2008 or 2009. Ever since we finished fourth in 2006 it was obvious what was going to happen, that it would become the norm. Yet the departure of Vieira, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Pires was seen as a forward-thinking approach. Clichy as first choice left back was a fucking masterstroke wasn't it? Or Eboue at right back? Djourou and Squillaci at CB? Rosicky, Arshavin and Gervinho in midfield? This entire club is full of *word censored* from the fanbase to the fucking top. :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

WENGER: we prepared normally as we always do, but maybe subconsciously [we thought] we would win it.
argghhhhh!!! :banghead: :banghead:

How many times have we heard that in recent years?? - will they EVER learn??? and if the manager can't get them mentally switched on for a massive game like today, then surely he should walk away?? :?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Sutch wrote:Baba is right when he says our fanbase warrants blame. We must have the easiest pleased fans in the world, who readily pay thousands every year for mediocrity. At any other club he would have been fucked off in 2008 or 2009. Ever since we finished fourth in 2006 it was obvious what was going to happen, that it would become the norm. Yet the departure of Vieira, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Pires was seen as a forward-thinking approach. Clichy as first choice left back was a fucking masterstroke wasn't it? Or Eboue at right back? Djourou and Squillaci at CB? Rosicky, Arshavin and Gervinho in midfield? This entire club is full of *word censored* from the fanbase to the fucking top. :banghead:
so it's blame the board, blame the manager, blame the players, now blame the fans - who's next the tea lady

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

Easily pleased fanbase? Whatever do you mean?
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
Anything less than a win and all the good work we have done this season, and there has been lots of it, is thrown away.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

g88ner wrote:
WENGER: we prepared normally as we always do, but maybe subconsciously [we thought] we would win it.
argghhhhh!!! :banghead: :banghead:

How many times have we heard that in recent years?? - will they EVER learn??? and if the manager can't get them mentally switched on for a massive game like today, then surely he should walk away?? :?
For that comment alone he should be sacked.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sutch wrote:Baba is right when he says our fanbase warrants blame. We must have the easiest pleased fans in the world, who readily pay thousands every year for mediocrity. At any other club he would have been fucked off in 2008 or 2009. Ever since we finished fourth in 2006 it was obvious what was going to happen, that it would become the norm. Yet the departure of Vieira, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Pires was seen as a forward-thinking approach. Clichy as first choice left back was a fucking masterstroke wasn't it? Or Eboue at right back? Djourou and Squillaci at CB? Rosicky, Arshavin and Gervinho in midfield? This entire club is full of *word censored* from the fanbase to the fucking top. :banghead:
so it's blame the board, blame the manager, blame the players, now blame the fans - who's next the tea lady
We constantly hear the chant of 'One Arsene Wenger', that obviously means the fans are backing him and what he's doing. The fans deserve blame for doing that IMO.

Post by 1989 »

That should've read, "I fucked up yet again. As usual, I failed to motivate the team for a crucial game, which goes to show what a useless fucking *word censored* of a manager I am, as if that hasn't been established already."

armchair

Post by armchair »

Chippy wrote:
Excellent post. I agree with 99% of it, if you could keep up this standard without the gratuitous insults to everyone around you, you'd be one of the best posters on here.
Chippy. I find with Babas posts that he is responding to others who randomly bring him into unrelated threads or mention him where it is totaly un-necessary.

The fact that certain posters dont like his style of long, analytical posts or suicidal dis-illusinonment with the current Arsenal doesn't mean they can insult him personally...........
Better if they disagree with his views, then debate through argument and facts rather than call him childish names like "spud fan" "Chelski fan" etc in unrelated threads where he hasn't even posted. Beat him on his views, not through personal insults.

The fact that Babas insults are just better than everyone elses on here doesn't mean he's the only one who does it.

For my money Steve0 and Babatunde are two of the best posters on here and its not because I tend to agree with 99% of what they say - its because they make their points coherently and succintly.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Sutch wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:
We constantly hear the chant of 'One Arsene Wenger', that obviously means the fans are backing him and what he's doing. The fans deserve blame for doing that IMO.

well they pay there money, they can singing what they like... Did you go today?

tel

Post by tel »

Nothing will change whilst the majority remain happy to blindly follow dear leader towards the annual 4th place cup. The same issues remain as they did last year and the year before and the year before that.........the only leader we have will go and in the absence of any coaching or tactical nous we'll be saying the same again in 12 months. Thankfully as a silver I don't have to fork out a grand plus up front but when I'm offered a season ticket this summer I will gladly tell them where to shove it. Well played Norwich, they came to play and despite one or 2 episodes of play acting they deserved their point. Holt embarrassed Vermaelen and did everything Chamakh and Bendtner have never done for us. Great game for the neutrals, another shit game for Gooners as hell is about to freeze over.

richpye

Post by richpye »

Rosie_titters wrote:
To solve a problem you have to identify the cause, i.e. Blame someone so that bit is true

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sutch wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:

Go to a home game? Don't make me laugh. Well singing that, they're approving of Wenger's insane methods. The more that's done the longer this will go on.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Sutch wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:
Sutch wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:

Go to a home game? Don't make me laugh. Well singing that, they're approving of Wenger's insane methods. The more that's done the longer this will go on.
well there you have it, you won't go to home games, to voice your opinion, but slag off the 55k supporters who pay there 50 quid ticket, to sing what they like, and you say the fanbase is too blame, when you can't be bothered to attend games, because you don't like the way things are - who's the real supporter you or them

tel

Post by tel »

We constantly hear the chant of 'One Arsene Wenger', that obviously means the fans are backing him and what he's doing. The fans deserve blame for doing that IMO.[/quote]

well they pay there money, they can singing what they like... Did you go today?[/quote]

Go to a home game? Don't make me laugh. Well singing that, they're approving of Wenger's insane methods. The more that's done the longer this will go on.[/quote]

well there you have it, you won't go to home games, to voice your opinion, but slag off the 55k supporters who pay there 50 quid ticket, to sing what they like, and you say the fanbase is too blame, when you can't be bothered to attend games, because you don't like the way things are - who's the real supporter you or them[/quote]

Sorry mate I've just got back and yes I'm a silver who goes regularly and yes the fan base is a BIG FUCKING PART OF THE PROBLEM. Any criticism of dear leader is met with a request to meet outside for a chat whilst the majority start chanting his name as soon as go 2 up against some non entity or other. I'm pissed off with playing for the 4th placed cup each year whilst everything else falls apart in February. Clearly I'm in the minority because a majority are still behind the deluded one and his team of failures.