Ashley, Samir, Gael & (Cahill & Mata) have the last laugh

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Re: Mata and Cahill

Post by frankbutcher »

Red Member wrote:this AKB argument needs to stop

this season has proved how insignificant managers are in the modern game.
it is all about the owners and how big their wallet is. Wenger is merely a puppet for Kroenke who allows himself to take all the criticism, whilst Kroenke just counts all the money
So Wenger's achievements in 1998 were because of the squad. As it was in 2002 and 2004. THANK YOU. You've finally admitted that Wenger is nothing. I've been waiting a long time for this. Now you have finally admitted what we all know.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Only one player chose arsenal over a err more obvious choice. Ramsey. If Ramsey joined utd he'd have tons of trophies.

Mata wanted to join us but was told he would never win anything here. I'm sure right now with his CL medal around his neck he is thinking thank phuck for that!!!

Kroenke probably didnt even realise there was an european cup on last night, let alone watch it.

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Red Member wrote:the 2 players who should have signed for Arsenal last summer but didnt

the 2 players who instead signed for Chelsea

the 2 players who are now Champions League winners

this self sustaining crap is slowly killing this club.
at least Chelsea have a billionaire who cares about his team, do you think Kroenke would have even bothered to turn up if we reached a CL final? Money rules. This is a sad day for football. There can now be no more excuses if we dont spend big this summer. Either that or the board comes out and admits Arsenal are no longer trying to win trophies.

sooner you realise, Arsenal are not a big club in Europe. Your pain will ease
To be fair, we never were a 'big' anything in Europe ..

whether we like it or not We are not in the same European pedigree league such as Milan, Bayern, Ajax, Inter, Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, and Manure .. even Porto, Juve, and Benfica pip us ...

We are on the same European level as Valencia, Roma and such (i.e. second teams in their domestic leagues).

:? :? :?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

OOKed wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:
Red Member wrote:the 2 players who should have signed for Arsenal last summer but didnt

the 2 players who instead signed for Chelsea

the 2 players who are now Champions League winners

this self sustaining crap is slowly killing this club.
at least Chelsea have a billionaire who cares about his team, do you think Kroenke would have even bothered to turn up if we reached a CL final? Money rules. This is a sad day for football. There can now be no more excuses if we dont spend big this summer. Either that or the board comes out and admits Arsenal are no longer trying to win trophies.

sooner you realise, Arsenal are not a big club in Europe. Your pain will ease
To be fair, we never were a 'big' anything in Europe ..

whether we like it or not We are not in the same European pedigree league such as Milan, Bayern, Ajax, Inter, Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, and Manure .. even Porto, Juve, and Benfica pip us ...

We are on the same European level as Valencia, Roma and such (i.e. second teams in their domestic leagues).

:? :? :?
exactly, some of our supporters want to get there head out of the arses, and stop dreaming we are up there with Barca, Madrid, etc, etc.
we would need to do a City, if we were to win the CL, and that ain't going to happen

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

frankbutcher wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:To be fair not buying Cahill for 17m turned out to be right when you consider Koscienly stayed in the team and ended up being one of our best players.

Mata is decent but after having a good look at him this year he is defiantly no Cesc who we would have expected him to be.
I like your logic. :banghead: So Mata is no Fabregas, so we won't buy anyone to replace him..... Fabregas was a creative player. Arteta is a midfield anchor man, so don't tell me that Arteta was Cesc's replacement. Mata was needed even if he was 80% of the player Cesc was. We now have Song playing in Cesc's role. :banghead: And we shouldn't have signed Cahill because Koscielny came through.... NOOOOO!! Cahill should have been signed instead of Per. I love how the AKB just fabricate arguments to defend their position.

No, Im saying that the signing of Mata would have got slated in the end as he wouldn't have filled those shoes, we all know Arteta wasn't a replacement but Mata would have been seen as that.

Im not an AKB, its just plain to see.

Cahill should never ever have been bought for 17m, never, he's done well in these last 2 CL games but don't let that cloud your judgement on him.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

cahill is shit and was bloody average last night - just poor bayern finishing - was the difference, Gomez is meant to be world class, with a good goal record

but he had Chamkah,s boots on last night

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:To be fair not buying Cahill for 17m turned out to be right when you consider Koscienly stayed in the team and ended up being one of our best players.

Mata is decent but after having a good look at him this year he is defiantly no Cesc who we would have expected him to be.
I like your logic. :banghead: So Mata is no Fabregas, so we won't buy anyone to replace him..... Fabregas was a creative player. Arteta is a midfield anchor man, so don't tell me that Arteta was Cesc's replacement. Mata was needed even if he was 80% of the player Cesc was. We now have Song playing in Cesc's role. :banghead: And we shouldn't have signed Cahill because Koscielny came through.... NOOOOO!! Cahill should have been signed instead of Per. I love how the AKB just fabricate arguments to defend their position.

No, Im saying that the signing of Mata would have got slated in the end as he wouldn't have filled those shoes, we all know Arteta wasn't a replacement but Mata would have been seen as that.

Im not an AKB, its just plain to see.

Cahill should never ever have been bought for 17m, never, he's done well in these last 2 CL games but don't let that cloud your judgement on him.
But he wouldn't have been slated because he cost half of what we sold Cesc for. We're all realistic enough to know that we can't attract the likes of Fabregas anymore. Mata would have been hero worshipped at our Club. As for Cahill... Cahill vs Per?? You decide.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I don't really think Mata did miles better than Rosicky, if he came and had a season like that we would have all been underwhelmed given the hype around the transfer this time last year.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I don't really think Mata did miles better than Rosicky, if he came and had a season like that we would have all been underwhelmed given the hype around the transfer this time last year.
Hope is the denial of reality.

Margaret Weis.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Some ill-informed stuff on here. Mata would walk into our team at the expense of anyone bar arteta, I cannot believe people think Rosicky is a better option, Mata was cheap, would have signed and we should have signed him. Instead we have Gervinho's made-up-name instead.

Cahill - meh. Chelsea were average last night, Bayern should have tanked them but finished like Arsenal have done in recent finals.

Unfortunately it matters not whom we sign as unless we have a manager that can instill tactical discipline into them they'll just end up doing whatever they feel like anyway. Just like everybody else in the team does now, again, bar arteta.

We are like a five-a-side team, no-one covers, defenders wander and everyone is just doing their own thing.

What does annoy me is how emasculated our spending is compare to our highbury days, I thought the move to the grave was meant to allow us to move up the divisions? Instead we're Roy Jones Jnr trading on reputation and looking more lost with each passing year.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

officepest wrote:Some ill-informed stuff on here. Mata would walk into our team at the expense of anyone bar arteta, I cannot believe people think Rosicky is a better option, Mata was cheap, would have signed and we should have signed him. Instead we have Gervinho's made-up-name instead.

Cahill - meh. Chelsea were average last night, Bayern should have tanked them but finished like Arsenal have done in recent finals.

Unfortunately it matters not whom we sign as unless we have a manager that can instill tactical discipline into them they'll just end up doing whatever they feel like anyway. Just like everybody else in the team does now, again, bar arteta.

We are like a five-a-side team, no-one covers, defenders wander and everyone is just doing their own thing.

What does annoy me is how emasculated our spending is compare to our highbury days, I thought the move to the grave was meant to allow us to move up the divisions? Instead we're Roy Jones Jnr trading on reputation and looking more lost with each passing year.
GREAT POST. 8)

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I don't really think Mata did miles better than Rosicky, if he came and had a season like that we would have all been underwhelmed given the hype around the transfer this time last year.
ROFL

Some choice comedy on here. Delusion don't even describe it.
Highlights include comparing World cup winner Mata (one of the best players in the PL) to Rosicky.
Hahahahahahahaha.

More includes slating Cahill as a waste of 17 mil even though Chelski paid just 8 mil for him. Same price as lump of shit Mertesacker! :roll:

Red Member I never thought of say this but hats off I agree with everything you said here.

Arsene Wenger is redundant as manager and has been for 5 years.
You've seen what a shambles our defending has been since Sol left and it's been a joke.

What we need are top class players. Di Matteo in six months has already achieved more than Wenger ever could in his career (ie winning the CL which is Wenger's wet dream).

If you'd had AVB as Arsenal manager, all the AKBs would have asked "who would you replace him with"...
Would you have thought of RDM?

Same with Wenger. There are replacements out there, plenty of them and not just the names we know like Pep, Klopp, Jose, Hiddink etc... For all we know Bould or Keown could win the CL for Arsenal.

officepest

Post by officepest »

Cheers Frank,

I don't post much but felt the need to after last night. Lots of luck involved in winning the champs league but basic tactical nous essential. Bayern fucked up when they brought on van Buyten, sat on a lead and waited for the game to end. I can imagine Wenger doing a similar thing if we were lucky enough to be in the final instead of bowing out in the last sixteen.

All the clamour for Usmanov won't help unless there is wholesale change in the club's menatlity. From board to players. Too many players at Arsenal turn up and steal their wages. This will not change with the current manager I'm afraid.

This is why I feel like shit when I think of who we'll sign, it won't change a thing. If they're good players then we'll let their contracts run down and if they underperform we'll hand them a contract top make avarice blush.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Mata vs Rosicky

LOL LOL LOL

Next up in AKB land:

Park v Drogba
Gervinho v Ronaldo
Ramsey v Xavi
Chesney v Casillas

As deluded as Liverpool fans. It's worrying
:oops:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Babatunde wrote:Mata vs Rosicky

LOL LOL LOL

Next up in AKB land:

Park v Drogba
Gervinho v Ronaldo
Ramsey v Xavi
Chesney v Casillas

As deluded as Liverpool fans. It's worrying
:oops:
Gibbs Vs Cashley.

Christ on bike, I'm off to the fucking pub.