Where are you looking most forward to next season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Where are you looking most forward to next season?

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Having been to every Prem ground Arsenal have played at bar one, Reading, I have to say the Madjeski is certainly a ground I look forward to visiting next season.

I am also looking forward to the last chance to see West Ham at Upton Park before they take the Olympic Stadium as home.

Any particular places you guys are hoping to get to next season?

SteveO 35

Re: Where are you looking most forward to next season?

Post by SteveO 35 »

Will be hoping to do a big CL away game - its been a while since I've done one as work commitments have got in the way the last few times.

Would prefer it not to be Barcelona but any of the other big Europeans away

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Nothing in particular. Will do all the aways in the Northwest, think I'm gonna save money for a European away in the knock-out rounds. Would quite like to get york away in the League cup, I've heard they'll get a new all-seater stadium and Bootham Crescent looks a craking ground! (Didn't we lose to them in the Cup in the 80s?)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Will be hoping to do a big CL away game - its been a while since I've done one as work commitments have got in the way the last few times.

Boooo Steve O, the "big" European aways are boring! Come to Eastern Europe! We'll drink Tuborg beer and enjoy some megaphone action!

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Wembley!!!!

Be it League Cup, FA Cup or Champ league final!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Chips and Chocolate wrote:Nothing in particular. Will do all the aways in the Northwest, think I'm gonna save money for a European away in the knock-out rounds. Would quite like to get york away in the League cup, I've heard they'll get a new all-seater stadium and Bootham Crescent looks a craking ground! (Didn't we lose to them in the Cup in the 80s?)
Yes :cussing: :twisted: :cussing: :twisted:

I'm looking forward to Dortmund, Schalke or Monchengladbach. Basically anything within an hour's train ride (I might stretch to Anderlect and Ajax as they're fairly cheap and easy to get to). :barscarf: :-P

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The other thing I would look forward to is meeting up with some of the guys from this forum. Been moaning with them or against them for 4 years now, and still haven't arranged to meet up with any of them

Would like to meet fellow moaners Augie, donaldo, and many others - as well as the ones that make me laugh the most e.g. Red Member, Baba and IHH - as well as Herd for the stories and 80s music trivia, and the likes of HighburyJD and Kiwomya where we've had our disagreements over the years.....

.....so that's pretty much all of you covered. Plus Sammy's mate of course :D

zero 6

Post by zero 6 »

Would quite like to get york away in the League cup, I've heard they'll get a new all-seater stadium and Bootham Crescent looks a craking ground! (Didn't we lose to them in the Cup in the 80s?)

Yep.....without doubt one of the best awaydays ever :lol: :lol:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

I'm looking foward to spend a couple of weeks in the UK and watch some Arsenal home and away.

SammyDroppedHisShorts

SteveO 35 wrote:The other thing I would look forward to is meeting up with some of the guys from this forum. Been moaning with them or against them for 4 years now, and still haven't arranged to meet up with any of them

Would like to meet fellow moaners Augie, donaldo, and many others - as well as the ones that make me laugh the most e.g. Red Member, Baba and IHH - as well as Herd for the stories and 80s music trivia, and the likes of HighburyJD and Kiwomya where we've had our disagreements over the years.....

You want to meet me mate but not me? :evil:

Charming

aalderton

Post by aalderton »

It would be good if I could get tickets for Southampton and reading away but actually getting these tickets will probably be a nightmare.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Will be hoping to do a big CL away game - its been a while since I've done one as work commitments have got in the way the last few times.

Boooo Steve O, the "big" European aways are boring! Come to Eastern Europe! We'll drink Tuborg beer and enjoy some megaphone action!
Deal - look forward to it mate. I shall watch the draw with interest now :D

If we get Wolves away in the FA Cup I'll bring the bingo card and you tick them off :barscarf:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Brighton or Crawley away in the FACup would be good. :D

SammyDroppedHisShorts

olgitgooner wrote:Brighton or Crawley away in the FACup would be good. :D
I second that, gotta buy you a burger

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:The other thing I would look forward to is meeting up with some of the guys from this forum. Been moaning with them or against them for 4 years now, and still haven't arranged to meet up with any of them

You want to meet me mate but not me? :evil:

Charming
Goes without saying that I'd like to meet you Sam......but it's the old 'nailed on' Goetze man that triggered a Joe Cole type thread that more than a few Gooners would like to meet !