Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: 3700 season ticket waiting list

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redsenga1 wrote:There is the from reading a meet with the Sunderland guys for a kick about but not sure on timings as not read all the thread so as a heavy smoker....I could play 10mins (that's more than some of first team) but few beers prior to game....need to check timings first....
You'd get a game! I played a couple seasons ago drunk as fuck from an all-night stag do and with my arm in a cast. :lol:

Even Leftfootlegend played - and he's shit! :barscarf: :-P

:wink: :wink:

:lol: :shock: :roll: :lol: was it your arm :| the way you played could have sworn it was your leg in a cast :shock: :lol:
:shock: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
1989 wrote:A mate of mine told me he was no 21 thousand something in the waiting list and got offered a season ticket!

only in upper i bet
most likely

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Just spoken to someone helpful and pleasant at the arsenal box office and I think I may have managed to defer! Waiting to hear back, Come on arsenal make my day

ClockEndChris

Post by ClockEndChris »

Just to update you, I was today offered a season ticket. I was 19990ish on the list. I asked to defer and there was no problem.

Chris

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

This won't be a popular opinion but it baffles me why so many are on the waitlist but then defer? Glory hunters waiting for better times?

It's clear that thousands of time wasters are cluttering up the waitlist for those genuine supporters who seriously want season tickets.

Similarly there are thousands of existing season ticket holders who can't be bothered to attend every home game - resulting in thousands of empty seats at "sold out" home games - and fans who do want to be there unable to get a ticket!

Arsenal fans shooting themselves and fellow supporters in the foot - continually moaning about ticket prices yet add themselves to the ST waitlist, allowing the club to justify the increases... How long till the club charges fans to defer and remain on the waitlist?
Last edited by hugh jardon on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

hugh jardon wrote:This won't be a popular opinion but it baffles me why so many are on the waitlist but then defer? Glory hunters waiting for better times?

It's clear that thousands of time wasters are cluttering up the waitlist for those genuine supporters who seriously want season tickets.

Similarly there are thousands of existing season ticket holders who can't be bothered to attend every home game - resulting in thousands of empty seats at "sold out" home games - and fans who do want to be there unable to get a ticket!

Arsenal fans shooting themselves and fellow supporters in the foot - continually moaning about ticket prices yet add themselves to the ST waitlist, allowing the club to justify the increases... How long till the club charges fans to defer and remain on the waitlist?
Fair point but I can understand someone wanting to defer at this stage, if you were over 15,000 you wouldn't realisticaly expect to be offered one so therefore may not have the money to hand.

ClockEndChris

Post by ClockEndChris »

RoscommonGooner wrote:
hugh jardon wrote:This won't be a popular opinion but it baffles me why so many are on the waitlist but then defer? Glory hunters waiting for better times?

Fair point but I can understand someone wanting to defer at this stage, if you were over 15,000 you wouldn't realisticaly expect to be offered one so therefore may not have the money to hand.
You make a fair argument, however, in my case:

1) I joined the season ticket waiting list before the recession

2) The only reason I deferred is because I have already paid for a season ticket that I have loaned from someone who is working abroad. Being 20K on the waiting list, I thought there was no chance that I would be offered a ticket!!

Over the last 3 seasons, I have missed just 3 games which I have successfully sold, to made sure the seat was never empty!

You can only defer once so next year it will be take the ticket or be removed.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Totally see where you are coming from but are few people who can magic up 1173-1473 quid in a few days. Plus the expense of a years travel etc.
For me it's bad timing, having been made redundant 6 weeks ago and then only getting offered a seat in a area you don't want at great expense isn't ideal. Now I have a year to look forward to being a season ticket holder and hopefully one in the lower tier.

I'm gutted to be honest, always dreamt of being a season ticket holder, I didn't expect to be turning one down :cry:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

ClockEndChris wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:

You make a fair argument, however, in my case:

1) I joined the season ticket waiting list before the recession

2) The only reason I deferred is because I have already paid for a season ticket that I have loaned from someone who is working abroad. Being 20K on the waiting list, I thought there was no chance that I would be offered a ticket!!

Over the last 3 seasons, I have missed just 3 games which I have successfully sold, to made sure the seat was never empty!

You can only defer once so next year it will be take the ticket or be removed.

Same, I'm renting one again and am dreading getting an e mail, I'm 24k and it's getting closer.

Next year i wont rent it as Im sure I will get my own one.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Many joined the list before the prices went sky high. Also, I think it's out of order that the club are only offering upper tier tickets or you get taken off the list. How can they expect someone who has been on the list for a few years then all of a sudden they get offered a ST whilst at 20k, and to pay upwards of £1200 in a month. WTF?!

Resident Plastic

Just offered a season ticket but can't afford it

Post by Resident Plastic »

Is it possible to defer it? If i reject do I go to the bottom of the list again? :censored:

mcdowell42

Re: Just offered a season ticket but can't afford it

Post by mcdowell42 »

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

I must admit I would of deffered if I hadn't got lower tier as the price difference of 990 LT to 1400 UT is crazy and not all can afford it, but take your point on empty seats, a collegue of mine at work only rocks up to cat a games and misses the majority of others, so plenty of plastics blocking others.....

tel

Post by tel »

I joined the list 7 years ago when I had only 1 child and to be honest I thought it'd be 20 years before I got one. I've now got 3 kids and I'm at the top of the list. I'm a silver member who gets to 10-15 games per season and with ever higher prices I no longer want a season ticket. Even when we win things that won't change as I'm no longer in love with the club and the sport, these days it's more about catching up with my mates in the boozer before and after.

Goose

Post by Goose »

Redsenga1 wrote:There is the from reading a meet with the Sunderland guys for a kick about but not sure on timings as not read all the thread so as a heavy smoker....I could play 10mins (that's more than some of first team) but few beers prior to game....need to check timings first....
Kick about with the mackams is 10am and walking distance from ground.

In pub by 11:30 :barscarf: even Denison would get a runout!