The Welsh David Healy!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Barriecuda

Re: The Welsh David Healy!!!

Post by Barriecuda »

Jesus, some of you are ridiculous sometimes.

20 years old +
22 minutes today +
1 game in the 2012-2013 season +
0 goals scored by the other 13 Arsenal players to be on the pitch today.
-----------------------------------------------
Not enough evidence to come to any semblance of a conclusion.

If this kid was 27, sure, I can understand the frustration. But what planet do you have to be on to all but give up on a 20 year old's potential in the top flight when he's done everything else right up to this point? How good do you expect him to be at this point, honest?

You're mad, Arsenal didn't win today, I get it. But get off it. Exact same type of fans who said "SHIP KOSCIELNY BACK TO FRANCE" when he got a red against Liverpool in his league debut, or "CHAMAKH IS GOD" when he scored a handful upon his arrival (only to dry up and never regain his form). Give these players some TIME. :banghead:

I think people deluded themselves because we have him playing in the first team since he was 18. If anything that should speak volumes about his quality, but that only seems to work against him in the view of fans. Let's also not forget he lost a year of progress thanks to Shawcross being a thug :censored: . People gave up on him after he broke his leg - "he'll never be the same, he'll never play again" and yet he's back in the PL playing regularly and now it's "oh, well he'll never be good, he'll never amount to anything"... why is there so much hate on him? Is there some subconscious level of spite because he's Welsh?

I guarantee if Ox-Chamberlain has a bad season, you won't hear half as much about how he's not amounting to anything. What about Theo Walcott? He's been in the first team for like 6-7 years and yet his 1-in-5-games worth of good performances seem to be the only thing people talk about.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

goonersid wrote:Aaron ramsey, good for his country and in the second tier, but simply not a premiership footballer, absolutely shite again today, When are people going to wake up to this useless bastard?

His time at the club is almost up and will see very little gametime this year.

He won't get a look in once Jack, Frimpong, Rosicky and Sahin come in, he already has Cazorla, Arteta and Diaby infront of him.

He dropped the ball last year, that was his chance, Cazorla gave the team an instant spark yesterday, been though the rest were slow and ploddy it made me happy knowing that we won't have another year of Ramsey taking 4 touches per pass.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think it's a bit unfair on him. Is he good enough for AFC's midfield? No, and probably never will be. But aside from the fact that he's still only 21 and is probably 18 months behind where he should be due to the thugs at Stoke, actually look at the shit that lines up in centre mid for the likes of the teams down the bottom such as Wigan, Villa, the promoted sides etc, he would walk into those teams.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Ramsey is very very average and will never be good enough for a top 4 team. His level is probably someone like Villa, at best.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Barriecuda wrote:Jesus, some of you are ridiculous sometimes.

20 years old +
22 minutes today +
1 game in the 2012-2013 season +
0 goals scored by the other 13 Arsenal players to be on the pitch today.
-----------------------------------------------
Not enough evidence to come to any semblance of a conclusion.

If this kid was 27, sure, I can understand the frustration. But what planet do you have to be on to all but give up on a 20 year old's potential in the top flight when he's done everything else right up to this point? How good do you expect him to be at this point, honest?

You're mad, Arsenal didn't win today, I get it. But get off it. Exact same type of fans who said "SHIP KOSCIELNY BACK TO FRANCE" when he got a red against Liverpool in his league debut, or "CHAMAKH IS GOD" when he scored a handful upon his arrival (only to dry up and never regain his form). Give these players some TIME. :banghead:

I think people deluded themselves because we have him playing in the first team since he was 18. If anything that should speak volumes about his quality, but that only seems to work against him in the view of fans. Let's also not forget he lost a year of progress thanks to Shawcross being a thug :censored: . People gave up on him after he broke his leg - "he'll never be the same, he'll never play again" and yet he's back in the PL playing regularly and now it's "oh, well he'll never be good, he'll never amount to anything"... why is there so much hate on him? Is there some subconscious level of spite because he's Welsh?

I guarantee if Ox-Chamberlain has a bad season, you won't hear half as much about how he's not amounting to anything. What about Theo Walcott? He's been in the first team for like 6-7 years and yet his 1-in-5-games worth of good performances seem to be the only thing people talk about.
Brilliant post. As said before, Ramsey is one of the whipping boys used to take people's frustration out on when he clearly doesn't deserve it. Before he had his leg break he was pretty good anyway, people expect him to somehow regain all confidence straight away. Added to how with the loss of Fabregas and Nasri last year, Wilshere and Diaby to injury, the creative role was thrust upon him last season despite having hardly played. I've said it before, if a player isn't the same as prodigies like Fabregas was when he was 21, people on here will turn him into a hate figure.

Another one who gets abuse unfairly is Gibbo, despite him being played out of position for years now and with no defensive coach to rely upon and how he's shown he's a good player ever since he got into the first team. If a player isn't world class by they reach their early twenties they'll be slaughtered on here. :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I expect Ramsey to be able to pass the ball to a teammate within 20 yards of him and to not lose possession regularly. He fails to do either of those things regularly, that tells me all I need to know. Whipping boy? Some people deserve it.

Gibbo doesn't, he unfortunately is totally injury prone and will be out injured inside the next 3 games, guaranteed. It's a real shame because with a full season under his belt, he could be a decent left back.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

goonersid wrote:Aaron ramsey, good for his country and in the second tier, but simply not a premiership footballer, absolutely shite again today, When are people going to wake up to this useless bastard?
Wenger and Ferguson fought it out for his signature, surely their opinion is slightly more informed than yours.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

hugh jardon wrote:
Wenger and Ferguson fought it out for his signature, surely their opinion is slightly more informed than yours.
I agree at the time it looked like a good signing, but that hasn't proved to be the case and I doubt if Fergie would take him on a free now.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Hurt that Song is going so you're lashing out Sid? :? :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:Hurt that Song is going so you're lashing out Sid? :? :wink:
He is a better option than Ramsey, thats for sure. If Wenger fails to land a replacement, we will not have a recognised holding midfielder.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
He is a better option than Ramsey, thats for sure. If Wenger fails to land a replacement, we will not have a recognised holding midfielder.
Its a myth mate Song isn't a holding midfielder which is where we are/were falling down!!!49 goals conceded last season isn't just down to the defenders and keeper

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I just think he is one of those players that never get back to full form after a bad injury

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Its a myth mate Song isn't a holding midfielder which is where we are/were falling down!!!49 goals conceded last season isn't just down to the defenders and keeper
It's irrelevant now Flash, just leave me to grieve in peace. :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
It's irrelevant now Flash, just leave me to grieve in peace. :wink:
Fair enough :lol:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Perhaps this is slightly irrelevant, but do we actually need a holding midfielder? I would be happy to play two deep lying midfielders with shared responsibility, but only if they are self-disciplined in tracking back. Maybe that is why we are probably bringing in Sahin? In a sense it is almost 4-4-2 without the deep lying striker. Of course, we don't have wingers that hug the line, but when (in the Wenger era) have we ever had that?

That being said, If we needed to go for it with some conservatism, then perhaps one with that sole responsibility is vital. I think that it looked like it against Cologne with Le Coc sitting deep and letting the Ox and Cazorla get forward.

On point - I think that Ramsey will get better as he is still only 21, but I think that there was too much responsibility laid at his feet last year when he was just coming back from a serious injury with a year out of the game. That is Wenger's fault for not replacing Cesc. Ramsey was still really relatively unproven and to throw him in the deep end to replace Cesc was truly idiotic.