Ryder Cup 2012

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: Ryder Cup 2012

Post by northbank123 »

Honestly, what kind of idiots think that the week of the ICC T20 Super Eights AND the Ryder Cup with us playing Citeh and the Chavs is a good time to decide to start my course? Someone have a word!

Colsaerts has been immense (even better when you consider how shite Westwood's been), nice to see Woods struggling again too. Obviously a very tough season for Europe but at the end of the day they were never in any of the other 3 ties so to hold on in the 3rd match was the big one (currently a few holes left in the 3rd and 4th games but I'm presuming there'll be no changes to the overall outcomes).

Why was Ian Poulter not the first name on every round? Great Ryder Cup record and undeniably rises to the occasion and revels in the pressure. I know they want to give everybody a game but Kaymer and Lawrie were always huge underdogs and predictably got spanked, and Westwood didn't have a great round this morning, surely your best players have to play every round? Because for me in the Ryder Cup Poulter is one of Europe's best.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

northbank123 wrote:Honestly, what kind of idiots think that the week of the ICC T20 Super Eights AND the Ryder Cup with us playing Citeh and the Chavs is a good time to decide to start my course? Someone have a word!

Colsaerts has been immense (even better when you consider how shite Westwood's been), nice to see Woods struggling again too. Obviously a very tough season for Europe but at the end of the day they were never in any of the other 3 ties so to hold on in the 3rd match was the big one (currently a few holes left in the 3rd and 4th games but I'm presuming there'll be no changes to the overall outcomes).

Why was Ian Poulter not the first name on every round? Great Ryder Cup record and undeniably rises to the occasion and revels in the pressure. I know they want to give everybody a game but Kaymer and Lawrie were always huge underdogs and predictably got spanked, and Westwood didn't have a great round this morning, surely your best players have to play every round? Because for me in the Ryder Cup Poulter is one of Europe's best.
Agree, massive mistake to leave out Poulter, maybe in one of the games tomorrow if Europe were winning to give him a little rest but it has been detrimental this early on. Surely Kaymer will only play Sunday after this.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Hopefully Colsaerts can see this one out on 18. Westwood has been nothing but a hindrance to him all day. Tiger on fire so wouldn't be surprised to see him sink this for a half.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:Hopefully Colsaerts can see this one out on 18. Westwood has been nothing but a hindrance to him all day. Tiger on fire so wouldn't be surprised to see him sink this for a half.
Woods has done his best to make me look like a mug. Was praying he'd miss that last one, so fucking glad because he'd have been so fucking smug if he'd holed it. Absolutely key for Europe to hold on there, given them half a chance going into tomorrow. Colsaerts was absolutely immense, Westwood offered no support at all: wasn't even helping out by nailing guaranteed pars and freeing Colsaerts up, he just wasn't in the frame for most of the round and to go birdie-free while Colsaerts shot something like 62 is useless.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yes!!!!

Could be a very important point come Sunday night. Colsaerts take a bow son. Kaymer should be on water boy duties until Sunday and a few others need to come out fighting in the morning.

Come on!!!! :barscarf:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Phew

Difficult picks for both captains tomorrow but for different reasons. The likes of Kaymer, Westwood, Garcia all looking out of sorts. Even McDowell looks like he is struggling a bit.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Skooner wrote:Phew

Difficult picks for both captains tomorrow but for different reasons. The likes of Kaymer, Westwood, Garcia all looking out of sorts. Even McDowell looks like he is struggling a bit.

Im alright thanks for the concern

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

This really shouldn't be funny but just is :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

This really shouldn't be funny but just is :lol:

Thanks im here all week :wink:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

bad results last night but after seen the picks for today i am slighty optimistic of getting some points back. thank fuck tiger is playing shite :-P

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I'm just fucked off at the England T20 clashing with the football for a second weekend running.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

It is the ONLY time that I don't mind being considered a European.

Woods is left out today. Shame really,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT.

8)

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

yoo-ess-aay 5-3 points,,,,,,,,
Poulter in the water,,,,,,,,,,
yoo-ess-aay 3-1 up atm

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

The only thing worse than watching golf is hearing people talk about watching golf.