THE BOARD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nuttygoonerpaul

THE BOARD

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

WE WANT HILL-WOOD OUT , SAY WE WANT HILL-WOOD OUT , TIME FOR A TAKE OVER .

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

behave yourself man, and end up with unservicable debt like Man Ure!!!

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Don't be so hasty. The possibility of a takeover sounds great but we must be very wary. If 'Silent Stanley' can bring in the sort of investment we want/need without burdening the club with huge debt and without a hidden agenda then quality, get him in. But we cannot be sure of his intensions yet.

One more point, money doesn't nessisarily bring success. Look at Newcastle United. How often do they splash the cash and still win fuck all. Gooners try and keep a clear head through these difficult times and not turn on the club.

nuttygoonerpaul

M8 LIKE MANY GOONERS ON HERE , BEEN GOING TO ARSENAL FOR 35 YEARS , TIME TO CHANGE THE BOARD , THEY ARE PASSED IT, YES PLAYERS COME AND GO , I AM PISSED OFF EVERY DAY , ARSENAL THIS ,AND THAT . DEIN NEEDS TO COME BACK , BEFORE EVERY GOOD YOUNG PLAYER WE HAVE JUMPS SHIP . :evil: THE SCUM DOWN THE ROAD ARE PISSING THEMSELF LAUGHING AT OUR CLUB .

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

tenementfunster5 wrote:Don't be so hasty. The possibility of a takeover sounds great but we must be very wary. If 'Silent Stanley' can bring in the sort of investment we want/need without burdening the club with huge debt and without a hidden agenda then quality, get him in. But we cannot be sure of his intensions yet.

One more point, money doesn't nessisarily bring success. Look at Newcastle United. How often do they splash the cash and still win fuck all. Gooners try and keep a clear head through these difficult times and not turn on the club.
Spot on

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Blimey Ten I can't stop agreeing with your posts today.

Think TH leaving has affected me more than i realised!!

nuttygoonerpaul

M8 , MR TENEMENTFUNSTER5, I KNOW money doesn't nessisarily bring success.. hill-wood bless his soul , is pass it , the board needs new blood , i am not saying go out buying like leeds did , just 2/3 top players add the the team .

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

We just need to make sure that Stanley is the right man to take us forward. If we are taken over without a sound bussiness plan then we may as well stick with what we have.

The idea behind moving to the new stadium was to generate more income, which we have, and enable us to spend money. It is constantly stated that there is money to spend but Wenger seems unwilling to spend it.

Wenger rates players and gives them a value. If he cannot get his man for this amount then he walks away. I think it's the right way to go about things but most managers don't work in the same way. Managers at clubs like Liverpool and Newcastle are allowed to spend outrageous amounts on sub standard players while Wenger decides not to

augie

the board

Post by augie »

Mr Tenementfunster5, how are we supposed to judge the plans of kroenke when our board blew him out until last week ? Has the 20 odd years of service that David Dein given this club not been enough for you to trust his intentions at least ? Nobody, and i mean nobody, can belittle the service that DD has given this club and if he is satisfied by the imtentions of kroenke then i am willing to go along with that. Remember that it was also DD that brought fiztman into the club as an investor a few years back and there was no ill effect to the club since has there ? There is a big difference when talking about the various managers of a club like newcastle utd and arsene wenger so comparing them is a waste of time. Do you honestly believe that wenger had a healthy transfer budget at his disposal before he sold henry coz i certainly don't. I agree 100% that wenger is a cautious man when it comes to spending money but he is not that cautious and if he had money he would have made signings before now and possibly would not have sold henry. I also would like to point out, as kroenke himself has stated, that he does not borrow big and leave a club heavily in debt to fund his sporting projects and his history will bear that out. Anyway whether kroenke is the right man or not it is clearly obvious that the time is up for this board and lets get DD back

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Actually without bringing up Dein and Kroenke, i dont think it is a bad time to ask how will the board will take Arsenal Football Club forward and bring in the success and how loyal they are to this cause.

augie

Post by augie »

:? Anybody else suffering from burnout at the moment ? Every summer we seem to suffer more than most clubs with the endless rumours of players leaving but this summer seems to have capped them all. We all knew deep down that henry was leaving but the rumours re wenger and cesc have been very hard to take. Every day I would hook onto the net as much as possible to see if any new great signing was heading our way to lift our spirits in our time of need. Like most fans i just wanted this whole henry saga wrapped up asap so that we could just move on but now it appears that we have the extra uncertainty of the future added to be henry (thanks mate) comments re wenger. Now not alone are we even more concerned than before of wengers future but most of us feel that no big name signing will be heading our way as a result of henry's comments on wengers contract. I feel my head is going to explode at the moment - maybe i just a lie down !
ps Did ye all see the poor groom interviewed on sky going into the emirates today with his future wife ? they were asked if henrys departure would spoil their big day to which she replied no straight away but he couldn't even muster a denial. that poor bloke is going to start married life in the doghouse

gooner770

Post by gooner770 »

New blood is required or just reinstate the bloke with the vision David Dein! First of all Mr Hill-wood doesn't want his sort (Kroenke) then he would be willing to work with him. If reports can be believed Kroenke was willing to bank roll a transfer spending spree what he wanted in return we will probably never find out.
David Dein had the vision he brought in Fiztman and Arsene and he was the public image of the board. Lets see if Mr Dein sells his shares bet he dont.
I think the board have taken us as far as they can and Dein knew this and wanted a future where we are biggest club in the world. Where we could if Arsene wanted compete with chelsea man u madrid etc. in the transfer market.

Lets see the board come out now and state how they see the club moving forward rather then stuiped comments like we wont sell our shares for a year!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Yes we all love the values that Arsenal FC hold but Im afraid that football has moved on!

The Hill-Wood "Bank of England club" days are long gone and are out of date!

You need money to compete now and thats fact!