Shawc**nt In England Squad

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonerwalker

Shawc**nt In England Squad

Post by goonerwalker »

Not usre if there is already a thread for this but I am absolouteley disgusted by Hodgson's decision. In football terms it makes no sense as the guy was rejected by Wales and is pretty much a rugby player :roll: :banghead:

Everyone knows England need to start controlling the ball better yet we know pick a guy who has probably never made a pass which has touched the ground :banghead:

A total disappointment as well after I was so pleased we got rid of Terry, just a shame we have replace him with another c**t :roll:

Can't we just have a few more decent human beings in the England team like Carl Jenkinson- oh yeah I forgot he din't get selected despite being the best RB in the PL on current form :cussing:

Lee1

Re: Shawc**nt In England Squad

Post by Lee1 »

Been commented on in other posts...but yes,piss poor decision and plays in to the hands of all the rest of the classless,''hard man'',wannabee ''english/welsh spirit'' twats embodied by Allardyce/Pulis :cussing: et al, Jenko is a hard working,more than decent player....i sincerely hope he carries on improving and he has a great future as the true gooner that he is. If @@@@ Shawcross is ''good'' enough then Carl is more than. F@@@ the antichrists that are Sam 'fat boy' @@@ & Tony' base ball cap' @@@@@.Two bigger wankers never crawled out of the swamp than those prats

:barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid will be pleased that his hero has received international recognition though

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

His thuggish nature shouldn't even come into it given that he's nowhere near good enough for England. Aside from the fact he's very average at PL level, Kevin Davies' appearance against Montenegro last year showed the difference in international football. He played for 25 mins and was penalised 5 or 6 times and booked for doing exactly what he gets away with in the PL every week, he literally couldn't understand it. If England ever disgraced themselves enough to offer Shawcross a chance to wear the shirt he would be embarrassed and repeatedly pulled up by the ref.

Fucks me off because if he'd gone out and broken Wayne Rooney's leg his career would be all but over now, but of course because it was Ramsey's we should all empathise with how horrible it must have been for Ryan. Despite the fact he broke Jeffers' ankle years ago with a horror tackle and a coach defended it by saying he probably just hadn't come up against anybody as good as him and got frustrated (i.e. he lost his head and tried to snap him - some defence), he apparently doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

Really fucking annoying because it's just re-opening old wounds. I would have been livid if Wales would have selected him because he's an unapologetic *word censored* of the highest order, but I could see why they would do that because Wales are fucking shite. England have no excuse.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Less Shawcross for Wales! :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:goonersid will be pleased that his hero has received international recognition though
And why would that be Steve :roll: I suspect you are referring to my Ramsey post, so I will explain myself.

Firstly I feel the post did not merit a warning never mind a ban. The remark although not quite as someone suggested "a throw away remark" was never meant literally, but should have been taken in the context of the rest of the post. The aim of which was to point out that we are a weaker team with Ramsey in the starting line up than we are without him, results and performances last season and this back that up.
So the remark suggested with hindsight a hypothetical scenario which would have made him unavailable.
I also must add that some of the sanctimonious shite posted in reaction to the remark was embarrassing and I certainly feel no reason to apologise for the ignorance of others.
As for the ban itself, it seems that anyone with a more aggressive or colourful style of posting, allied with hard line anti-Wenger views, are being gradually pushed out of this forum.
I won't be curbing my style of posting and if this gets me banned then so be it, after all what's the point of being here, if you can't post what you believe in the manner you feel best expresses it.

PS he was poor again on Saturday, and was imo to blame for the goal, so with hindsight I wish he'd signed for utd, and you can take that one literally.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:goonersid will be pleased that his hero has received international recognition though
And why would that be Steve :roll: I suspect you are referring to my Ramsey post, so I will explain myself.

Firstly I feel the post did not merit a warning never mind a ban. The remark although not quite as someone suggested "a throw away remark" was never meant literally, but should have been taken in the context of the rest of the post. The aim of which was to point out that we are a weaker team with Ramsey in the starting line up than we are without him, results and performances last season and this back that up.
So the remark suggested with hindsight a hypothetical scenario which would have made him unavailable.
I also must add that some of the sanctimonious shite posted in reaction to the remark was embarrassing and I certainly feel no reason to apologise for the ignorance of others.
As for the ban itself, it seems that anyone with a more aggressive or colourful style of posting, allied with hard line anti-Wenger views, are being gradually pushed out of this forum.
I won't be curbing my style of posting and if this gets me banned then so be it, after all what's the point of being here, if you can't post what you believe in the manner you feel best expresses it.

PS he was poor again on Saturday, and was imo to blame for the goal, so with hindsight I wish he'd signed for utd, and you can take that one literally.
Can't agree. If we pushed out the anti-Wenger brigade there would be fucking no one left, mate! :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I dont agree Sid but its time to let the Ramsey remarks go now isnt it? Come on SteveO and Sid lets make up :wink: :)

ps. Shawcunt is still a *word censored* 8)

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

northbank123 wrote:His thuggish nature shouldn't even come into it given that he's nowhere near good enough for England. Aside from the fact he's very average at PL level, Kevin Davies' appearance against Montenegro last year showed the difference in international football. He played for 25 mins and was penalised 5 or 6 times and booked for doing exactly what he gets away with in the PL every week, he literally couldn't understand it. If England ever disgraced themselves enough to offer Shawcross a chance to wear the shirt he would be embarrassed and repeatedly pulled up by the ref.
Fucks me off because if he'd gone out and broken Wayne Rooney's leg his career would be all but over now, but of course because it was Ramsey's we should all empathise with how horrible it must have been for Ryan. Despite the fact he broke Jeffers' ankle years ago with a horror tackle and a coach defended it by saying he probably just hadn't come up against anybody as good as him and got frustrated (i.e. he lost his head and tried to snap him - some defence), he apparently doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

Really fucking annoying because it's just re-opening old wounds. I would have been livid if Wales would have selected him because he's an unapologetic *word censored* of the highest order, but I could see why they would do that because Wales are fucking shite. England have no excuse.

How very true, there is always a call for somebody like Davies to play for England, recent Grant Holt. He goes on a good run, and people say why not, he is an 'honest' player :oops: . His 1st and last england game was highly amusing, he tried rough people up, got penalised for everything, and displayed a constantly perplexed look on his face. I'm glad on the international level a lot of the underhand tactics such as jumping with elbows, running into goalkeepers is not acceptable.

Shawcross is a decent defender, but he isn't good enough for England. But opinions on what england should be doing change like the wind. A few years ago, we lacked passion, then a winning experienced manager' then it was we lacked an english manager, now its our 'golden' boys were overrated, and we need a younger more varied selection. Thats why we see the likes of Shawcross coming in. After Rio, we'll try something else, like a scottish manager, because they usually do well in the PL league, that should work right? :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:I dont agree Sid but its time to let the Ramsey remarks go now isnt it? Come on SteveO and Sid lets make up :wink: :)

ps. Shawcunt is still a *word censored* 8)
Exactly, no point in a slanging match otherwise the ban (right or wrong) will have served no purpose. Clearly nobody is going to win from that situation and the only thing it will produce will be hot-headed remarks that are likely to require (more) intervention from the mods, and pages and pages of posts on it.

Best just get back on topic to how wonderful things are in Wenger's rosy garden (to paraphrase Flash) :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Supagoon wrote:
northbank123 wrote:His thuggish nature shouldn't even come into it given that he's nowhere near good enough for England. Aside from the fact he's very average at PL level, Kevin Davies' appearance against Montenegro last year showed the difference in international football. He played for 25 mins and was penalised 5 or 6 times and booked for doing exactly what he gets away with in the PL every week, he literally couldn't understand it. If England ever disgraced themselves enough to offer Shawcross a chance to wear the shirt he would be embarrassed and repeatedly pulled up by the ref.

How very true, there is always a call for somebody like Davies to play for England, recent Grant Holt. He goes on a good run, and people say why not, he is an 'honest' player :oops: . His 1st and last england game was highly amusing, he tried rough people up, got penalised for everything, and displayed a constantly perplexed look on his face. I'm glad on the international level a lot of the underhand tactics such as jumping with elbows, running into goalkeepers is not acceptable.

Shawcross is a decent defender, but he isn't good enough for England. But opinions on what england should be doing change like the wind. A few years ago, we lacked passion, then a winning experienced manager' then it was we lacked an english manager, now its our 'golden' boys were overrated, and we need a younger more varied selection. Thats why we see the likes of Shawcross coming in. After Rio, we'll try something else, like a scottish manager, because they usually do well in the PL league, that should work right? :lol:
Wholeheartedly agree, the nonsense about not being called up because they play for smaller "less popular" clubs is bollocks.

Most of the time. I say this because Jonjo Shelvey has just been called into the England squad. And Jordan Henderson has 5 caps (4 of which have been acquired since being at Liverpool). And Cleverley will be a nailed-on starter when Gerrard and Lampard finally become extinct even though he's proved nothing. If he was still at Wigan there's no way he'd be where he is, yet because he's been back at United for 14 months even though he's done very little in that time, partly due to injury and partly due to the fact that calling a 37-year old back was a preferable option) he's been fast-tracked into the middle of England's plans.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm

One to jog Goonersid's memory.......I suspect he hasn't got the brains he was born with but never mind

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What is the point in dragging up an 8 year old argument? :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:01 am
What is the point in dragging up an 8 year old argument? :roll:
When someone denies they were ever banned for celebrating one of our own players injuries perhaps

Anyway....I think Sid's nurse is due to visit today so hopefully he's getting the care he needs

Clash

Post by Clash »

I know John Stones if fucking awful (hilariously falling over for no reason in yesterdays league cup final :lol: :roll: ) but am I the only one who saw this thread and thought WTF is the reformist, liberal and progressive ''Gareth'' doing now? :banghead: