Canaries V (what proved to be) the Arsenal light-weights

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
green gooner

Re: Canaries V the Mighty Arsenal

Post by green gooner »

Two weeks sweating over who returns fit or crocked after this load of international shit :banghead:

Would be just our luck for Santi to get butchered :cussing:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We will win and all will be rosy in the Wenger garden

augie

Post by augie »

Seeing as the international break is being mentioned in this thread I thought I should refer to the hilarious comment made by shearer on motd sat night where he suggested that cashley c**t should be suspended by the fa for the game on fri night for his twitter comments - how the fcuk does suspending the c**t for the san marino game be classed as punishment ?? :? If engerland were due to play spain or germany on fri night would he be suggesting the suspension then ? The comments the judas made were relating to club matters therefore he should be suspended for club games surely ? Mind you it should also be noted that keown didnt agree with the suspension suggestion and advocating fining the c**t 200k as if that would bother him :roll:

As for the norwich game I aint as sure as some of you that it will be a stroll in the park for us. Without checking stats (so I could be wrong) I have always felt that we have suffered more than most post international breaks and never hit the ground running straight afterwards. After scoring his 1st league goal giroud would be chomping at the bit for another league game but instead he goes off to join the french squad where he suffered abuse from his own fans in the last break and came back out of sorts on the back of it. All that being said I do expect a win but a hard fought win and any key injuries could hit us hard

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

6-1 to The Arsenal with Pod scoring first (as mentioned above by someone?). And I'll be popping €10 on that. We do suffer a bit after the Interlull but (apart from Holt) Norwich are just THAT shit. We'll rip them wide open prison shower rape stylee. :lol: :wink:

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

I didn't make Norwich away last season so looking forward to this one.

I've heard the 'compleat angler' is the main away pub opposite the station. Is this where everyone ended up last season?

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

jaymitch81 wrote:I didn't make Norwich away last season so looking forward to this one.

I've heard the 'compleat angler' is the main away pub opposite the station. Is this where everyone ended up last season?
Yes indeed it is. Hope for no rain, as there is no room inside and standing out by the riverbank was the main place last season

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

jaymitch81 wrote:I didn't make Norwich away last season so looking forward to this one.

There is also a massive pub round the corner further down the river that is mainly Norwich but has some Gooners in it too seemed friendly enough too because the compleat angler gets rammed out and also takes ages to get served

1886 Cannon

Post by 1886 Cannon »

There is a JDWs (& another bar opposite - The Bridge Tavern) in The Riverside complex near the station. Don't know what it's like there on match days as it's all quite new.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

they look piss poor this season, we should be confident of getting all three points.

theo should start ahead of gervinho

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:they look piss poor this season, we should be confident of getting all three points.

To be honest, as long as Theo doesn't sign a new contract, I'm happy for him to remain a substitute.

At least Gervinho has committed to the club.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

g88ner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:they look piss poor this season, we should be confident of getting all three points.

To be honest, as long as Theo doesn't sign a new contract, I'm happy for him to remain a substitute.

At least Gervinho has committed to the club.
Theo cant make a decent impact from the bench especially if we're in need of chasing a game, however if we go to old trafford and play Gervinho as main striker :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Away win. :)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

we should win this and-the others near the top have tough games too - chavs are playing at the spuds, united have stoke and City are at west brum who have won all four home games.

we should be back in the top four and if results go our way we could be 2nd.

my prediction - 3rd til Sunday then 4th behind the toffees.

:barscarf:

the week after we are home to QPR and united are at the chavs. :wink:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Hughton totally out of his depth, Ashley was so right in firing him
the Norwich defence looks Swindonesque
check Hazard's goal for Chelski, from a Norwich corner, some of the worst defending I've ever seen
Mata ambles the length of the pitch, 5 or 6 Norwich players run away from him
I'm attending with ma & pa so will be a rather more civilised awayday than normal
1st class train and lunch at Delia's, well posh
will have a few 'to score 2 or more' bets on our front 3

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Looking through the posts it seems most are predicting a comfortable away win. I'm inclined to agree so I had a look at some of the early betting markets. There are a few I like.

The Arsenal to Score in both Halves 13/10
The Arsenal to win both Halves 3/1
4 or more goals in the game 4/1
The Arsenal -2 4/1

:barscarf: