Bacs, Frimps and Jack

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the moog

Re: Bacs, Frimps and Jack

Post by the moog »

OneBardGooner wrote:Bacs, Jack and Frimps all make promising return appearances in the U21 game against Reading...which is Great News adding strength to our squad. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/17343 ... tab=report
frimpong is awful

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

chyren1 wrote:DP 59...
you re not only a connaisseur..
you re a wine buff :shock:

it would be an honour to open it for you :-P
if you got few grands to spend you re more than welcome to come where i work,
last week i handled some very rare champagne bottles like pol roger churchill 48,veuve clicquot 37 and stuff like that...
best champagne list in london 8)
Wine? why not just turn the gay up to 11 and start talking about tennis :wink: :lol:

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

Yeah you right
Let s stick to beer

A real man drink
It s so nice to drink some industrially produced piss :roll:

Now where did I leave my can of Stella :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

chyren1 wrote:Yeah you right
Let s stick to beer

A real man drink
It s so nice to drink some industrially produced piss :roll:

Now where did I leave my can of Stella :wink:
You appear to be balding, mate... :(

:-P :wink:

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

With Jenko doing well will Bacary be straight back in the team!!?!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wilshere and Sagna played 90 mins last night in a training ground friendly against Chelsea :barscarf: :barscarf:

Frimpong played as well

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:Wilshere and Sagna played 90 mins last night in a training ground friendly against Chelsea :barscarf: :barscarf:

Frimpong played as well

And against a chavski 11 which was a bit surprising to me :o To make it worse they lost 2-0 despite having by far the more experienced team playing (arshavin, chamakh and coquelin all played as well) although it not really important in the bigger scheme of things

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

disappointing result, as augie said its doesnt really matter
but with that kind of team out I'd expect better...

I like Frimpong, not the greatest technically, but I'd put him straight in for those famous 'wet midweek winter nights up North'. We need squad depth if we want to go all the way in multiple competitions.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:Wilshere and Sagna played 90 mins last night in a training ground friendly against Chelsea :barscarf: :barscarf:

Frimpong played as well
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ea-xi-pics

Great to see them back! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Frimpong played as well
Surprisingly Jenkinson played as well. A bit of a risk putting both right backs in jeapordy for a friendly.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

'in jeapordy'?
theyre only playing football - its not all the secret ingredient holders getting on one plane

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i really hope that Jenko is not dropped for Sagna - we HAVE to stick with form players and stop rushing back our "super quality" first teamers. look what happened when we dropped mannone for a not ready chesney...

he fluffed a goal and is now out for three months.

its a long season , they have another 35-40 games to play at least. give Sagna the time out in the reserves and on the bench and let him sweat it. once he is truly awesome in the reserves then bring him back and if necessary rotate with Jenko.

AW is too short sighted on these injuries IMHO, it may not be our medical staff that are the problem but Le Prof's urgency to get his 'best' players back.

its great that Jack played 90 minutes but the same applies. Chelsea apart, while we are winning and bossing the midfield, jack should be a sub until injury or form allows him to rotate in.

dropping form players is stupid when we are playing well.

and i've seen a pattern here too - we give someone 70 minutes, 90 the next and then a week later (game 3) they break down.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

clockender1 wrote:and i've seen a pattern here too - we give someone 70 minutes, 90 the next and then a week later (game 3) they break down.
lets hope this doesnt happen...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Just because Wilshere completed 90 minutes against Chelsea in a non competitive game does not mean he is ready to play against Norwich.

Ideally he should be monitored for three days to see if there is any reaction to the Chelsea run out.

If not, then keep training and be eased back with another U21 game, followed by a sub appearance or two for the first team.

Same goes for Sagna and Frimpong.

We have brought too many players back from injury too soon only to see them re injured.
Of course we are told of a number of two to three weeks injuries that drag on longer and that is frustrating, but even so that extra bit of patience near the end of a player's recovery is worth it.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

jack should be taken very slowly. we dont need another rosicky type injury reoccurring.