Bradford away travel

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jakeybown

Re: Bradford away travel

Post by Jakeybown »

My mums side of the family are from huddersfield so will deffo be getting recommendations for a decent curry, only good thing about bradford is the curry lol. hope that bradford sell out too, will be a good day me thinks.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Anyone planning on driving??

If you are, I've got an offer you may be interested in.

If you are willing to drive our minibus back (one of us will drive up so you don't have to do both ways), I'll pay for your march ticket and travel, so a free day out except for food and drink in Bradford, as well as sorting you with a match ticket.

You don't need a minibus license or anything like that, just to be over 21 and have a valid drivers license.

Bus will go from London (can pick you up in Central or North London) up the M1 with a brief stop in M...... Keynes, Newport Pagnell I'd imagine.

Let me know via PM please.

EDIT: Now found someone, this offer is off the table.
Last edited by SWLGooner on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Eboue

Post by Mr Eboue »

Gutted, I couldn't get the time off of work to make it up there
:banghead:

FrenchBantam

Post by FrenchBantam »

Jakeybown wrote:My mums side of the family are from huddersfield so will deffo be getting recommendations for a decent curry, only good thing about bradford is the curry lol. hope that bradford sell out too, will be a good day me thinks.
It's safe to say that we'll sell all our home tickets. Even before they go on sale to the general public. We have a voucher system that remaining home fixtures will qualify for Arsenal game. Should be an excellent game. Mouth watering tie. Full house will be 24,500.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

FrenchBantam:

We went off sale almost as soon as General Sale started. We sold the first >3k (about 3,500) to season ticket holders and I imagine red members took quite a few as well...

...there aren't going to be any Bradford in our end are there?

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

Would be a laugh if there is some bradford in our end :twisted: :wink:

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Travelling up on my jack jones for this one....any idea of best train for homeward journey or best hotel or b&b? Any ideas appreciated :barscarf: :barscarf:

FrenchBantam

Post by FrenchBantam »

It's unlikely there'll be any City fans in the Arsenal end and even if there were there's little chance of trouble. Thankfully those days are long gone with the exception of the odd nutter or two that every club still has. There's lots of hotels and B&B in and around Bradford but most around the stadium are pretty grotty. My advice would be to book into a hotel in Bradford or even the opposite side to the stadiium has Shipley. It's about 4 miles from the ground ( about £4 by cab ) and is a safer option. Around a dozen pubs and as many Indian restaurants plus chinese, fish & chips etc. I highly recommend the Shimla Spice http://www.shimlaspice.co.uk/index.html . The sizzler mixed starter is awesome. All very cheap but clean and tasty. Staying in Shipley: There's the Ibis on the canal: http://www.eurobookings.com/shipley-hot ... ipley.html. Close to all restaurants and pubs. 5 mins walk maximum. Loyds bar, the sun , Old house at home, Hockneys sports bar and many others. Cheap beer, around £2 in some. Think that covers most things. Oh, and Shipley has connecting trains to Bradford & L666's. Also, The Oddfellows pub in Shipley is a warm friendly ,usually quiet pub that lets families in including well behaved kids, but no food on here.
Last edited by FrenchBantam on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

FrenchBantam wrote:It's unlikely there'll be any City fans in the Arsenal end and even if there were there's little chance of trouble. Thankfully those days are long gone with the exception of the odd nutter or two that every club still has. There's lots of hotels and B&B in and around Bradford but most around the stadium are pretty grotty. My advice would be to book into a hotel in Bradford or even the opposite side to the stadiium has Shipley. It's about 4 miles from the ground ( about £4 by cab ) and is a safer option. Around a dozen pubs and as many Indian restaurants plus chinese, fish & chips etc. I highly recommend the Shimla Spice http://www.shimlaspice.co.uk/index.html . The sizzler mixed starter is awesome. All very cheap but clean and tasty. Staying in Shipley: There's the Ibis on the canal: http://www.eurobookings.com/shipley-hot ... ipley.html. Close to all restaurants and pubs. 5 mins walk maximum. Loyds bar, the sun , Old house at home, Hockneys sports bar and many others. Cheap beer, around £2 in some. Think that covers most things. Oh, and Shipley has connecting trains to Bradford & L666's.
What about the ho's? 8)

FrenchBantam

Post by FrenchBantam »

armchair supporter wrote:
FrenchBantam wrote:It's unlikely there'll be any City fans in the Arsenal end and even if there were there's little chance of trouble. Thankfully those days are long gone with the exception of the odd nutter or two that every club still has. There's lots of hotels and B&B in and around Bradford but most around the stadium are pretty grotty. My advice would be to book into a hotel in Bradford or even the opposite side to the stadiium has Shipley. It's about 4 miles from the ground ( about £4 by cab ) and is a safer option. Around a dozen pubs and as many Indian restaurants plus chinese, fish & chips etc. I highly recommend the Shimla Spice http://www.shimlaspice.co.uk/index.html . The sizzler mixed starter is awesome. All very cheap but clean and tasty. Staying in Shipley: There's the Ibis on the canal: http://www.eurobookings.com/shipley-hot ... ipley.html. Close to all restaurants and pubs. 5 mins walk maximum. Loyds bar, the sun , Old house at home, Hockneys sports bar and many others. Cheap beer, around £2 in some. Think that covers most things. Oh, and Shipley has connecting trains to Bradford & L666's.
What about the ho's? 8)
Not sure about Shipley but Bradford has plenty, plus there's the Blue Pelican lap dancing club :D

armchair

Post by armchair »

FrenchBantam wrote:
What about the ho's? 8)
Not sure about Shipley but Bradford has plenty, plus there's the Blue Pelican lap dancing club :D
:rubchin:

MM99

Post by MM99 »

FrenchBantam wrote:It's unlikely there'll be any City fans in the Arsenal end and even if there were there's little chance of trouble. Thankfully those days are long gone with the exception of the odd nutter or two that every club still has. There's lots of hotels and B&B in and around Bradford but most around the stadium are pretty grotty. My advice would be to book into a hotel in Bradford or even the opposite side to the stadiium has Shipley. It's about 4 miles from the ground ( about £4 by cab ) and is a safer option. Around a dozen pubs and as many Indian restaurants plus chinese, fish & chips etc. I highly recommend the Shimla Spice http://www.shimlaspice.co.uk/index.html . The sizzler mixed starter is awesome. All very cheap but clean and tasty. Staying in Shipley: There's the Ibis on the canal: http://www.eurobookings.com/shipley-hot ... ipley.html. Close to all restaurants and pubs. 5 mins walk maximum. Loyds bar, the sun , Old house at home, Hockneys sports bar and many others. Cheap beer, around £2 in some. Think that covers most things. Oh, and Shipley has connecting trains to Bradford & L666's. Also, The Oddfellows pub in Shipley is a warm friendly ,usually quiet pub that lets families in including well behaved kids, but no food on here.
Any decent pubs for away fans near the ground mate?

FrenchBantam

Post by FrenchBantam »

The Cartwright is probably the best for away supporters and only 5 mins walk from the ground. It's on Manningham Lane, opposite Lister Park entrance. Families welcome.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

FrenchBantam wrote:
What about the ho's? 8)

Your the most welcoming and hospitable away fan I've encountered on here FB (bar our Mackem adoptee), nice one - hope your defence are as obliging. Hope your promotion push goes well, as it would appear from your inside info Bradford is a good away game to make ! :D

FrenchBantam

Post by FrenchBantam »

Cheers Stuart...just don't bring today's team to VP. Beware, we're pretty good at home and in all cups this season. :wink: