Spuds game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Top Londoner

Re: Spuds game

Post by Top Londoner »

g88ner wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:This a sentence you will never read again on an Arsenal site. Thank you Ade, thank you Mr Webb.

Thinking of starting a poll to see how many goals ahead we need to be before we relax. 5 for me.

chippy, it was no gimme from the ref. he was 1 red in 32 games prior to today, but I understand your sentiments.

Thanks Ade. Maybe Sandro next the dirty :censored:
I think Chippy was saying thank you to the ref for playing advantage when Cazorla went down in stoppage time...

It was a stonewall red, but the way he didn't march over and give it straight away had me hopping mad that he was going to fuck us again.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:by the way, chuffed for RioGooner, traveled a few tens of thousands of miles to watch that, fair play :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
hoping for some pictures of the brazilian tranny supporters club after :barscarf:

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Lots of teams going to be in for Theo now. Why didn't that c*nt Wenger let him get some goals in CF in a huge match instead of that French lump.

Post by 1989 »

Bale's goal shows how clueless we are defensively. Just let him stroll into the middle and have his shot with no pressure on whatsoever. "Come on son, have a go, score".

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

every time i see that header from per it just gets better and better :barscarf:

nice goals from Giroud and Santi too.

jack had a good game too.

while the performance and result is not convincing, we won and we'll see how we come out in the week.

per was clearly at fault for the first btw.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

Last season we won this 5-2 and scraped abocve spurs, winning nothing in the process. This season we beat 10 man spurs 5-2, after they'd been battering us and should have gone 2 up. The last two games we've won we've beaten 10 men. Match finished with about 6 players playing out of position. Fine, see that as a great weekend if you want, but I feel nothing about this match at all. People who criticise fans for not cheering up need to realise that again we'll win nothing at the end of the season, and THEY'LL be moaning too.
If the point of the season was to whack Spurs, then we're champions. It's not and we won't be until this regime is gone.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

N1Goon wrote:Lots of teams going to be in for Theo now. Why didn't that c*nt Wenger let him get some goals in CF in a huge match instead of that French lump.
Because that "french lump" is a better player, more dedicated and isn't a billy big-bollocks demanding £100K a week :roll:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Thank god for that i can go back to watching MOTD and goals on sunday :barscarf:
Melted Face on MOTD tonight. Dunno whether this makes me :( or :D

We best be first on.

Post by 1989 »

Anyone else catch Bale laughing and joking with Feo at full time? I'd be livid if I were a Spurs fan. :D

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

DarylAFC wrote:
N1Goon wrote:Lots of teams going to be in for Theo now. Why didn't that c*nt Wenger let him get some goals in CF in a huge match instead of that French lump.
Because that "french lump" is a better player, more dedicated and isn't a billy big-bollocks demanding £100K a week :roll:

Yet. If Giroud magically becomes a top player you can bet Wenger will be the first to suggest the idea of selling him for huge profit. If Ade wasn't such a tard in the mentality department, i'd have him any day over Giroud.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

clockender1 wrote:every time i see that header from per it just gets better and better :barscarf:
beautiful header. top quality stuff :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

glenngould wrote:Last season we won this 5-2 and scraped abocve spurs, winning nothing in the process. This season we beat 10 man spurs 5-2, after they'd been battering us and should have gone 2 up. The last two games we've won we've beaten 10 men. Match finished with about 6 players playing out of position. Fine, see that as a great weekend if you want, but I feel nothing about this match at all. People who criticise fans for not cheering up need to realise that again we'll win nothing at the end of the season, and THEY'LL be moaning too.
If the point of the season was to whack Spurs, then we're champions. It's not and we won't be until this regime is gone.

WTF, where on gods earth were they battering us, I always thought we were well in the game before the c unt got sent off, and tbf we should have got 6 or 7, theres not many teams that will do them fuckers 5-2 with even with 10 men.

ENJOY THE FUCKING DAY...................

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

N1Goon wrote:
DarylAFC wrote:

Yet. If Giroud magically becomes a top player you can bet Wenger will be the first to suggest the idea of selling him for huge profit. If Ade wasn't such a tard in the mentality department, i'd have him any day over Giroud.
:roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Howard Webb made it hard for himself by not dealing with Sandro and not booking Adebuyme for going off the pitch to celebrate. Maybe if he had dealt with those things properly he may not have gave Spuds the impression they could get away with everything.
On the game, it never had the feeling of the February 5-2 but it is sweet. We should have gone for the kill at the start of the second half , instead it got sloppy and we gave them hope that they shouldn't have given them. There were a lot of signs that we are not learning from goals conceded. Thought Sagna was our best defender not so much for defending rather for his use of the ball and exploiting the extra man. Theo deserved his goal and looks positive in last two games. Pod put in so much more today , one covering run and tackle in Lennon summed that up. Giroud is no RVP , but he is an honest player who has never hid when it wasn't going his way. Delighted for him. Santi is a genius , Jack is back and Arteta was better than last week. In all a great day but a bit frustrated that it wasn't seven or eight and even more frustrated that we gave them hope in a hopeless situation. Glad for those that were there. :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

How some on here can call giroud useless really does ask questions of their footballing knowledge and maybe it is just some biased view that makes them type these bizarre posts.

His touch today and general play was absolutely top drawer.....