Bradford away travel

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
FrenchBantam

Re: Bradford away travel

Post by FrenchBantam »

FrenchBantam wrote:Cheers Stuart...just don't bring today's team to VP. Beware, we're pretty good at home and in all cups this season. :wink:
Bradford City 0 Exeter 1 :oops: :oops:

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

Redsenga1 wrote:Travelling up on my jack jones for this one....any idea of best train for homeward journey or best hotel or b&b? Any ideas appreciated :barscarf: :barscarf:
Hello mate i managed to get a return to kings cross for I think £34 returning on the weds at about half 1 pm and staying in a travel lodge which says its only 1 mile from the ground for £22 , hope it helps

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Thinking about using the club coach to get back, anyone been on it from here ?

How shit/good are they ?

Can anyone get on as I am not a red or any other type of member and will be making my way up earlier,will I get away with paying for both journeys but only coming back with them(possibly getting a lift with a friend who's staying over)?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

topgoon wrote:Thinking about using the club coach to get back, anyone been on it from here ?

How shit/good are they ?
Awful. Should be an absolute last resort. Average speed of about 32mph, full of old people eating scotch eggs & doing knitting.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

topgoon wrote: Can anyone get on as I am not a red or any other type of member and will be making my way up earlier,will I get away with paying for both journeys but only coming back with them(possibly getting a lift with a friend who's staying over)?
Yeah I've done so before for Sunderland in the FA Cup, you have to pay full whack though.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Have to say, fair play to all the gooners travelling up to this one.

Best away support. Fact!.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

If anyone has any space in a car let me know, or pm me as struggling to get back at the moment, otherwise will get first train to kings x in the morning, has anyone got a hotel recommendation where some Gooners are staying as wouldn't mind sticking with a group as travelling alone at the moment, let me know....

Edit: just seen jackybrowns note, anyone else staying there, ps what's the lodge called or is leeds better?

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Redsenga1 wrote:If anyone has any space in a car let me know, or pm me as struggling to get back at the moment, otherwise will get first train to kings x in the morning, has anyone got a hotel recommendation where some Gooners are staying as wouldn't mind sticking with a group as travelling alone at the moment, let me know....

Edit: just seen jackybrowns note, anyone else staying there, ps what's the lodge called or is leeds better?
Got this hotel from jakeybrown http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/545/ ... &default=1

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

topgoon wrote:
Redsenga1 wrote:If anyone has any space in a car let me know, or pm me as struggling to get back at the moment, otherwise will get first train to kings x in the morning, has anyone got a hotel recommendation where some Gooners are staying as wouldn't mind sticking with a group as travelling alone at the moment, let me know....

Got this hotel from jakeybrown http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/545/ ... &default=1
Cheers topgoon you getting the midnight express back or stopping over?

Simon

Post by Simon »

Might be an idea for anyone else to post here if they have spare spaces in the their car for the trip there and back.

Topgoon - the travel club coach can be a mixed bag. I'm fairly sure you will have to pay full whack for both legs of the journey even if you're only using it one way. For this game if you have to be back in London by early morning it will probably be the best way to travel on the return trip.

You do get some characters on the coaches - see Flash's anecdote about the old boy eating boiled eggs the whole time, but you can just get your head down and sleep or read etc which is what I've done on the odd occasion I've taken the coach. On the positive side, I did once win a signed photo of the squad for guessing that day's scores :barscarf: On the negative side that photo included Denilson and Sylvestre :banghead:
Last edited by Simon on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

We may have a spare seat in a 9 seater, not sure at the moment though. Might know of one other spare seat in another one going to/from Enfield area.

steveroberts

Post by steveroberts »

going to bradford by car will be coming home that night will be travelling from Thatcham near (Newbury) and have room for 2 people in the car if anyone local needs a ride cost will be around £20 -£25 for fuel ideally someone local to me although i will be picking up my nephew from Ashford middx ,contact me direct through email at............. if interested regards steve

Edit by Chippy. Mate it is very unwise to post your e mail address. There are a lot of nutters on here! :shock: :lol: If anyone wants to contact Steve just press the PM button and send a mail that way. Cheers.

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

steveroberts wrote:going to bradford by car will be coming home that night will be travelling from Thatcham near (Newbury) and have room for 2 people in the car if anyone local needs a ride cost will be around £20 -£25 for fuel ideally someone local to me although i will be picking up my nephew from Ashford middx ,contact me direct through email at............. if interested regards steve

Edit by Chippy. Mate it is very unwise to post your e mail address. There are a lot of nutters on here! :shock: :lol: If anyone wants to contact Steve just press the PM button and send a mail that way. Cheers.
I tried pming not sure it worked, Ashford pick up / drop off would work, let me know if you still have space, thanks

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Redsenga1 wrote:
topgoon wrote:

Cheers topgoon you getting the midnight express back or stopping over?
Nope getting the AFC express which is probably as one paced as Mertesacker. Hopefully not a boiled egg in site. Looking forward to the game even if I'm seriously dreading the bus journey.

steveroberts

Post by steveroberts »

still have 2 spare spaces in the car for Bradford leaving approx 1 pm and returning that night travelling from Thatcham Berkshire and picking up from Ashford Middx so anyone interested who needs a ride can pm me ideally anyone in these areas or along the M4 trunk between Reading and Heathrow should work out around £20-£25 per person