Oh Shit....Eboue

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RaM

Oh Shit....Eboue

Post by RaM »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html

Citing a lack of wing play as a reason for the slump in form, Wenger is set to include Emmanuel Eboue in his team against title rivals Chelsea.

Good to see Wenger has noticed we need a new winger. Is it too early for me to get hopeful about summer?

But Eboue!?!?!?!?!? I know he's probably all we've got, and I really hope he can pull out a good match....but I'm not optimistic. :oops:

I just don't like the guy.

youngw

Post by youngw »

I quite like him to be honest.

and you never know. he may break Cole's leg :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

OH JOY!!!!!!I've just got up, about to pour the first beer of the day in the build up and now this just makes me want to go back to bed, pull the duvet over my head and go back to sleep!! Why the fook does he persist with him? He's a fooking liability who brings NOTHING to the team. I know he's still raw but the only way Walcott is going to improve is to have games, not 14 mins at the end when we're chasing the game. Eboue is a nasty piece of talentless work who has a good match every 136 games. GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!!

Matt M

Post by Matt M »

I think people are a tad harsh on Eboue, everyone (including most Arsenal fans) seem to hate him!
I know his temperment is dodgy and he can be a liability, but when he's playing well he's a great player to have in the side. He's certainly performed better than Walcott this season and last, altho Walcott has improved recently.

Either way, lets hope he gives John Terry a kick again.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

He's not fit to wear an Arsenal shirt if you ask me. His behaviour doesn't suit the awesome read and white shirt. That's not about his skills as a footballer. If he scores a hattrick today I'll still say the same thing.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Jake, you've hit the nail right on the head matey! Our manager always slags off other teams and players who don't play the game in the 'right spirit' and then he goes and persists with a player who is a cheat, always liable to get himself sent off and I reckon is lazy and doesn't do half the running up and down that wing that he should do. Theo has got his faults we all know that, but give the lad a run in the team and see what happens. Birmingham showed what his potential is. Like you say, if he plays today and has a stormer, scores 1 and lays on 2, I'll still be praying some mug buys him in the summer.
COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A win today and I reckon we'll win the bloody title!

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

JakeN13 wrote:He's not fit to wear an Arsenal shirt if you ask me. His behaviour doesn't suit the awesome read and white shirt. That's not about his skills as a footballer. If he scores a hattrick today I'll still say the same thing.
Fine sense of priorities! Just shows that this anti-Eboue thing is way out of hand, some of us would rather an Arsenal player doesn't score three goals against Chelsea. Unreal.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

26may1989 wrote:
JakeN13 wrote:He's not fit to wear an Arsenal shirt if you ask me. His behaviour doesn't suit the awesome read and white shirt. That's not about his skills as a footballer. If he scores a hattrick today I'll still say the same thing.
Fine sense of priorities! Just shows that this anti-Eboue thing is way out of hand, some of us would rather an Arsenal player doesn't score three goals against Chelsea. Unreal.
It's for the same reason I wouldn't wanna win the league with dirty money from Russia. I'm proud to be a Gooner as they stand for something I love and sypatise with..but if I can't, what's the point?

Matt M

Post by Matt M »

26may1989 wrote:

The thing with Eboue, is that he just isn't very good at cheating/diving.
Most players do it at some point. Look at Fabregas, on a couple of occasions he's gone down clutching his face and rolling about when hardly any contact was made.
Henry wasn't shy to dive either.
It happens, I don't think people should decide to hate Eboue just because he does what most other players do.

Pires was a notorious diver, the list goes on. We're not some holy football club who's players never cheat!

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

Matt M wrote:
26may1989 wrote:

The thing with Eboue, is that he just isn't very good at cheating/diving.
Most players do it at some point. Look at Fabregas, on a couple of occasions he's gone down clutching his face and rolling about when hardly any contact was made.
Henry wasn't shy to dive either.
It happens, I don't think people should decide to hate Eboue just because he does what most other players do.
Exactly. We're not different from other clubs, we've always had players who've cheated (Pires or Ljungberg anyone?). So cheating (which Eboue definitely does) can't really be the reason some Arsenal fans hate him so much.

As for fouling opposing players, well most of us like to see shitheads like Nani get kicked by Gallas or van Nistelrooy get assaulted by Keown, so that can't be it either.

And it can't be the quality of Eboue's play. He's not the best but he's a long way short of being the worst either.

There will always be players each of us doesn't like or want in the squad, but the level of hatred for Eboue is ridiculous. Some of you need to get a grip.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Matt, you're not wrong in anything you say. Pires was bad at the diving, no argument with that. But from a footbal point of view you sort of forgot about that because of what else he brought to the team (like Ronaldo!). Every team has its divers. The problem I have is that apart from rare glimpses of talent, Eboue does nothing. When he returned from the first African Cup of Nations 2 years ago, he was a revelation, bombing up and down the flank from full back. You don't see any of that now apart from sprinting 50 yards to try and wallop an opponent who's fouled one of our players. I honestly don't get it with Eboue being picked and as much as Arsene is a great talent spotter, where does he see it in Eboue? I said on another thread that against Middlesborough he was one of our better performers but he needs to do it every game, getting involved, taking people on and above all curbing that evil side to him that is no good to the team

REB

Post by REB »

since eboue does start today then its only fair we get behind him and hope he can hit some form today and help us to the 3 points our title challenge badly need, who knows,, he might have a blinder, score the winner and get cashly sent off :wink: if not :?

then @ 6pm we can start the eboue is a wanker threads again :wink:

Matt M

Post by Matt M »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Matt, you're not wrong in anything you say. Pires was bad at the diving, no argument with that. But from a footbal point of view you sort of forgot about that because of what else he brought to the team (like Ronaldo!). Every team has its divers. The problem I have is that apart from rare glimpses of talent, Eboue does nothing. When he returned from the first African Cup of Nations 2 years ago, he was a revelation, bombing up and down the flank from full back. You don't see any of that now apart from sprinting 50 yards to try and wallop an opponent who's fouled one of our players. I honestly don't get it with Eboue being picked and as much as Arsene is a great talent spotter, where does he see it in Eboue? I said on another thread that against Middlesborough he was one of our better performers but he needs to do it every game, getting involved, taking people on and above all curbing that evil side to him that is no good to the team

I do rate Eboue as a player tho. His crossing can be a bit inconsistent, but when he's on song he's certainly one of our best crossers of the ball in my opinion.
I think he's a decent player and for whatever reason I just don't get the hatred for him.

Now Gilberto is another matter. If any player deserves stick it's him.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

Cos other players do questionable things like cheat and dive at times as well. The thing with Eboue is that he does it at every opportunity.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Now Gilberto is another matter. If any player deserves stick it's him.
I know he has had a bad season but why? He has been a loyal and very good servant of the club