Goodbye Sagna

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Goodbye Sagna

Post by donaldo »

The best RB in the country by miles offered one year contract extenstion.A fucking joke.He's off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... offer.html

Natural Born Gooner

Re: Goodbye Sagna

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Oh well, not surprised at all unfortunately :roll: :cussing:

Fucking depressing :banghead:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

If he leaves it will be another incident of the well established pattern of not trying to hold onto our best players, but instead using them to amass cash in the bank against our debt.

In terms of back up players at right back, we are very well served with Jenkinson, Coquelin and Yennaris all looking good at second choice level.

But at this stage I think none of them is good enough to be regular right back.
Bit of a Catch-22 though as if none of them play regularly how can they be expected to improve?

If Sagna leaves I think we should buy a new first choice, but I am not at all sure that we would.

At this stage of negotiations, this could be a story give to the journalist by the player's agent as a negotiating tactic, but I fear not.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

donaldo wrote:The best RB in the country by miles offered one year contract extenstion.A fucking joke.He's off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... offer.html
Almost unbelievable mismanagement & negligence (well, this is Arsenal so it's pretty fucking believable). In what other company would it be acceptable to lose one of your best assets in this way?

Basically this isn't new. Sagna spoke out against Lord Wenger a few months ago right and as such Arsene is now spiting him by refusing to offer him the contract he wants and deserves. In the same way that he is spiting Walcott for refusing to sign by not playing him. Disagree with Lord Wenger and that's it for you, out the door you go :banghead:

And what the fuck is up with his contract policy for over 30s anyway. Will only offer Sagna 12 months but happily gives shit like Silvestre and Squillaci two or more years :? :banghead:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

total and utter bollox if we sell sagna one of the best signings we've made in the past 8 years i say :banghead: :banghead:

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

For Fuck Sake :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This bit was where I got really angry, Arsene must be taking the piss

Arsenal are refusing to improve his current wage of £60,000 a week. Given this will be the defender’s final big contract — he is 30 in February — he is looking for a substantial salary increase.

The club’s decision not to offer a long-term deal is thought to be connected to fears over his injury record, having suffered two broken legs in a year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2EDw3Mfsx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yet we have offered Rosicknote a two year extension worth 20k a week MORE than Sagna. I fucking give up- Sagna deserves better than earning less than shite like Rosicky whilst, if the club are so concerned about fucking injuries why the fucking hell is Diaby still at this club (on the same money as Sagna by the way)- hes played a hell of a lot fewer games than Sagna over the last two seasons.

Arsene knows :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Typical, don't reward the good players. If they are also concerned about the two injuries then I feel they are barking up the wrong tree. Bone breaks are not reoccuring like muscle injuries, he's just had a couple of unfortunate incidents. Oh well, more wages we can offer to the likes of Diaby and Rosicky in their next 4 year deals.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

"The clubs decision not to offer a long term deal is connected to fears over his injury record"

Someone fucking tell them about Rosicknote and Diaby :cussing: :cussing:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Wengerball wrote:The club’s decision not to offer a long-term deal is thought to be connected to fears over his injury record
Do me a fucking favour, they've gotta be on a wind up?! Absolute cretins, morons and wankers the lot of em. These are the same lot who can't wait to sign up the likes of Rosicky and Diaby!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I can't believe this story, I really can't. Not even our useless negotiators can be that stupid, surely? :shock: :? :? :oops:

Post by 1989 »

Shambles of a club.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Frankly even if he was offered more than a year and a huge pay rise, he would still be more sensible to go. He will win nothing with us thanks to Wenger.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

1989 wrote:Shambles of a club.

summed up perfectly :banghead:

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

Dan_85 wrote:
Wengerball wrote:The club’s decision not to offer a long-term deal is thought to be connected to fears over his injury record
Do me a fucking favour, they've gotta be on a wind up?! Absolute cretins, morons and wankers the lot of em. These are the same lot who can't wait to sign up the likes of Rosicky and Diaby!
This. The more time passes by, the more I'm starting to believe this is all a big wind up from the club and Wenger to the fans. From Wenger post match interviews with his "mental strenght", "physically jaded", "Hand brake on" etc... To the article on .com about "Theo Walcott: He can be the new messi", or I still remember the "Eboue: the pass maestro"... Without forgetting the Hill-woods comments about the angry fans who should "step down a little" or the Gazidis broken record of "We are financially very healthy! Soon we will be able to compete with City and Real!" ... The comments about the players every week in the journo's : "We were not good enough. From now on we will pick ourselves up, take our responsabilities and go forward." ... To see them the next day being abyssal yet again... Or their constant bigging up between them: "Gervinho: Giroud is class. In training he score goals all the time"... "Ramsey: Arteta is such class, he sees everything before everyone else"...

There's too many coincidences... This HAS to be a big wind up!

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i hope this is as credible as the newspaper itself.

if true, it's unbelievable management. sagna is a top athlete, no doubt he has at least 3-4 years of top football to play.

he's a brilliant footballer, only player of the invisibles i would ever start for the invincibles.