Who should get the no 14 jersey?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnerz4life

Who should get the no 14 jersey?

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Or such things are not important to the club as i see William Gallas wearing 10? I would like Theo in it but i fear the media (trust them) will be on his back throughout next season.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Doesn't matter to me

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Toure should replace his position to a striker and then he'll be the perfect KL14 :D .
Last edited by DanielD on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

I think they should give it to a youngster or, take any heat out of future media coverage, woudl just be joe bloggs no.14, not super nik no.14, henry replacment type rubbish

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

NO ONE LOOK WHAT HAPPENDED TO SWISS PHIL WHEN GAVE HIM TA"S NUMBER 6 SHIRT. HE WAS A GOOD PLAYER NOW HE IS A MISTAKE WAITING TO HAPPEN PLAYER.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Just retire the damn number like they do at other Clubs. Whoever got the number would be under huge pressure unless they gave it to a goalkeeper or defender.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

It would be a disgrace if they would retire Henry's number and not retire Dennis's number. I think they should give it to Adebayor, i'm sure he will be super confident with it.

Basil is a Gooner

Number 14

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

I agree that number 10 should have been retired with DB10, and then 14 could have gone the same way with TH14. :(

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I dont agree with all this retiring shirts thing. There are enough stupid shirt numbers out there at the moment ie 99 Ronaldo and somebody I think at AC Milan wearing 77 or 79 . Having squad numbers is bad enough but I still like the old days when you knew number 3 was a left back and so on !!

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

if we retired numbers would we have any left

1 seamen, 2 dixon 3 winterbun 4 bould 6 adams, 11 overmars, 7 pires, 10 dennis. 14 henry

in my eyes these players over arsenes decade have been as big a player as henry in anything we have done.

give it to a kiddie and get it over with (not adebayor - he would just be lablefd a failure for never being as good as mr henry

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

If senderos can have Adams's number, so Ade can have Henry's one too.
The media will forget all about it. No one has compared henry to cruyff or senderos to Adams, so why should they compare Adebayor to Henry?

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Ade or Bendtner as think the'd get less pressure than Theo.

Maybe a new signing will want it?

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

Senderos has only taken adams number on years after he stopped playing, if he were to have joined at senior level the year adams left they would have said it.

If ade, or anelka or anyone who is seen as our new front man takes the number they will be compared (they will be compared anyway).

Its one of the attributes of the british sporting press, either needa figure to love or one to hatem tehy just cant let something be

pearce - euro 96
Seamen v Zaragoze v Brazil
beckham - said he had naff world cup, drop him they dont stop talking about having him back

Just the way it is

thegrovegooner

Post by thegrovegooner »

well firstly i'm not into retiring numbers. but i do think they should be used correctly. i.e. gallas should not be wearing the number 10..................... :? i've just been looking at the squad and i don't think we have anyone who deserves to wear the 10,9. i think 14 is only famous because it was cruyffs number and TH so that can be given to a young sub.

azz91

Post by azz91 »

DanielD wrote:It would be a disgrace if they would retire Henry's number and not retire Dennis's number. I think they should give it to Adebayor, i'm sure he will be super confident with it.
ade will stay 25 because of kanu he wont change to 14