Scousers match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Scousers match thread

Post by Chippy »

Suarez and Sturridge against our defence. God help us.

Top Londoner

Re: Scousers match thread

Post by Top Londoner »

Chippy wrote:Suarez and Sturridge against our defence. God help us.

hmmmm? :rubchin: :rubchin:
Not if we go 8-2-0

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wenger will rest Giroud for this so we'll play with just Wally up front! :rubchin:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Not really sure what to expect in this one. It looks like our starting 11 are finally starting to click with Jack in the team. I daresay that Ramsey is playing well and taking his chance anchoring the midfield. I will be there hopefully not freezing my arse off, so I am hoping for a comprehensive win, however, I will go with a scoring draw 2-2.

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

Our defence is shocking but the rest of our game has come together quite well recently (barring 45 minutes against the Chavs).

I actually think we'll win 2-1

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Pod and Giroud finally clicking. So drop them obviously...

Team will be set up for a draw - Wally alone up front, AW to pack the midfield with the two sick notes, jack, Ramsay and Ox.

1-1.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

Arteta and Vermaelen are set to return for this.

Not too sure what to expect. Liverpool are shit, but only 3 points more shit than us.

kite

Post by kite »

What's that "finally clicking"? :shock: Because they beat WestHam and Brighton? :lol:
Don't know what to expect. Liverpool isn't as poor as they were at the start of the season but it is at the Emirates so......I don't know but I guess Liverpool won't stand a chance. Mark my words 8)

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

First half will be a disaster :roll:
Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere in midfield would hopefully hold on and spare us a few akward mistakes from sloppy defenders, but Arteta will probably come on as a sub or being subbed for Diaby soon in 2nd half.
Cazorla's creativity combined with Poldi's should make us some chances, I hope that Giroud will know how to take them in.
Well the best thing is return of Verminator, so we won't have to watch :censored: Santos. How can he wears our shirt after today's performance is beyond me.. :hammer:

A win would surely shut them up, but I predict a draw, we can't forget they have a professional divers there.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

2-1 away win.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Dan_85 wrote:2-1 away win.
But we're the home team... :(

Post by 1989 »

Suarez against the German Donkey :oops: :oops: :oops:

Away win.

augie

Post by augie »

Don't see the scousers getting anything from this game but in the past they have taken the art of robbery up to a whole new level :wink:

Tbh this has all the appearance of a narrow home win or dour draw - our results in the last two weeks have managed to mask our glaring deficiencies but the same can be said for the victims :| Yes the thought of Suarez against our backline is a bit worrying (I'm not bothered about sturridge tbh) but their own defence has been a bit shit too and podolski and cazorla could get at them too. In all reality the game will be won or lost in the middle of the park more than anywhere else - in theory we have a better midfield 3 in arteta, wilshere & cazorla than anything they have to offer but put diaby or Ramsey into that equation and all of a sudden any advantage we had is gone.

If I was to pick out my danger man from the scousers it would be glen Johnson - the guy is an average full back but is great at going forward and we don't have people on the wings that will track him

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

augie wrote:If I was to pick out my danger man from the scousers it would be glen Johnson - the guy is an average full back but is great at going forward and we don't have people on the wings that will track him
I use to think he was shite defensively but from the little I've seen of him recently he's improved a lot in that regard. Actually looks like a good player now - cue a howler tomorrow. That kid Wisdom looks like he has the potential to develop into a genuinely quality defender too.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

F**k off back to your sh*thole k**zie of a town you filthy, thieving, bindipper Sc**se c**t sc*m - you ain't getting nothing.

:twisted: