Blackburn FA Cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: Blackburn FA Cup

Post by begeegs »

ThomasMitchell wrote:
markyp wrote:what a sad state of affairs when you cant even have a differant opinion to the idiot sat next to you,especially in this case as THERE IS NO CASE TO ANSWER,WENKER IS FINISHED.i seem to remember that at highbury you could voice pretty much any opinion especially discontent at an underperforming player or team.its sad to say that anybody who wants rid of lord wenker isnt welcome at the emirates,the emirates is simply his church for his disciples to worship him until he takes them to paradise after he is crucified and raises himself from the dead to live eternally thus being able to walk on water,turn water into wine,make the seas part,cure leprasy etc etc,ffs i really dont know where our club is headed with so many brain washed twats supporting us :banghead:
Sadly the stadium is full of people who think that blind allegiance to a failing regime is the sign of a real supporter. These are the people who are happy for us to continue to fail season after season as long as the Dear Leader stays in charge. Unfortunately they account for about 80% of the current fan base at Arsenal – the ones who leave 10 minutes from the end, even though we are one nil down in the cup, so that they can miss the crush on the tube.
I have to say that it simply isn't the case. I sit right behind him and he gets it with both barrels during matches. Today was worse that I have seen and he heard it and got annoyed. Granted there may be other sections which are more pro-Wenger, but not where I sit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This photograph says it all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21485114

JW must be thinking wtf else can I do.....what the feck am I doing playing under this fool of a manager?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:This photograph says it all:

JW must be thinking wtf else can I do.....what the feck am I doing playing under this fool of a manager?

The only player on the full staff who truly gives a fuck about the club thats our jack,sure there are 2or3 others that seem to care but wilshire is the only one who has the club in his heart.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Would it have been so terrible to have let some of the inexperienced but hungry kids have a go today?

Not all of them, but mix them up with enough experience so that they can learn.

Give Eisfeld, Gnabry and Yennaris a go.
Those three have given their all on the limited occasions they have had an opportunity to play.
Heck, from the lack of sharpness upfront today I would have taken a blind punt on Chuba Akpom, of whom I have seen nothing whatsoever but who has an emerging reputation!
Fair point, but if it wasn't for Wenger's poor management of our squad, why would we be looking at blooding our youngsters this far up in the cup? :rubchin:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

I seldom have nightmares, but my next one will prolly be Jack to Manure or even worse.. Chav$ki. I hope I'm wrong and Wenger is long gone by then and the new manager stops making these stopgap buys and build a proper team around the lad. Seriously, Arsene PLEASE FUCK OFF NOW
:barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

This is not a sacking ­result – not yet.
Really? I love the way these journos & Wenger sympathisers always go on like the latest debacle is the first time we've ever had to question him. Bradford has been totally forgotten & swept under the carpet it seems. It's always "next time". We'll question him next time this happens, we'll talk about sacking him next time.

I could name you scorelines from 4 years back that could well have been worthy of getting him the sack.

minty99

Post by minty99 »

Top Londoner wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:There was me saying we would win this one !!! What a fool I am

Lol.
I bet in play @ 4/1, 5/1 9/1 and then 7/2 the draw. I'm a *word censored* if you're a fool

yeah me to im also a *word censored*
---------------------------------------

chippy, you're gonna need something a lot stronger than wine mate. :oops:

_James_

Post by _James_ »

OneBardGooner wrote:This photograph says it all:

After this picture and after he gave his shirt away (he didn't seem to get another back in return), I am sure Jack was sat alone in the centre circle looking very down.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Dan_85 wrote:
This is not a sacking ­result – not yet.
Really? I love the way these journos & Wenger sympathisers always go on like the latest debacle is the first time we've ever had to question him. Bradford has been totally forgotten & swept under the carpet it seems. It's always "next time". We'll question him next time this happens, we'll talk about sacking him next time.

I could name you scorelines from 4 years back that could well have been worthy of getting him the sack.
Exactly - as if everybody is pissed off from one result.

Bradford was his first loss to a lower league side.
Blackburn was our first home FA Cup loss since 1997.
This will be his first season outside top 4.

One underachieving season in 15 years, surely we should give him a bit longer?

That's exactly what we'll be hearing.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

This is the first time we've been shit since the last time we were shit.

:twisted:

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Oxlade-Chamberlian was so poor yesterday. But I guess that is what you get when you are told 4th place is more important than a trophy and you are rewarded with a new contract and pay rise even though you have achieved absolutely nothing. Another player that is actually going backwards under the leadership of Wenger.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Still on a low after yesterday. With the Manchester clubs and Chelsea in the Cup I wasn't overly confident about winning it , but I was confident of being in a quarter-final and possibilities opening up from there. Favourable draw, two of top three drawn together etc. Regardless of who is left in a Cup competition , getting through to the next round still has a certain thrill about it. The simple maths are there are now only half the teams that were in the trophy on Friday left in it now.
What happened yesterday was so unacceptable on any level of football. Listened to game on 5live and once Blackburn scored with 18 minutes plus injury time left I knew we were out of the Cup and realistically trophy-less for another season. The Club and the manager can spin what ever lines (lies) they like, about Tuesday and Bayern Munich , but the reality for Arsenal fans today is that yet again we have been let down by a club, it's manager and it's players. The manager is most culpable because it's his job to motivate, prepare and send a team onto a pitch that represents our great club. He didn't do it and far too many times he hasn't done it. Regardless of who started Arsenal players have to be good enough and motivated enough to beat a lower division team. I don't agree with Merson's assessment that Cazorla, Walcott and Wilshire should have started , won the game early and be substituted on 60 minutes, it doesn't work that way. Did they not all start at Bradford? The players who started are on massive money to represent our club and it's traditions. That should have been enough yesterday.
This malaise , which is occasionally interrupted with days like Sunderland away , are all to common . The tired lines of "jaded, little short, hand-brakes,good performance" are now beyond contempt. These are the very words that give the players a hiding place on days like yesterday. Only one man can change that and at this point he can only change it by leaving the Club.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Don't you just love getting up late on a beautifully sunny Sunday, having a cuppa and flicking through the tv channels. Suddenly you remember that, yes yesterday we lost at home to fucking Blackburn in the fa cup!

Bayern next, season over! Roll on may with all the bullshit rumours about world class players we'll buy, once season ticket renewals are done, we're back to where we started. Mediocrity

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BournemouthRED wrote:Roll on may with all the bullshit rumours about world class players we'll buy, once season ticket renewals are done, we're back to where we started. Mediocrity
I'm awaiting all the AKBs telling us how excited they are about the summer transfer window, and how this will be the year that our glorious leader brings in the players we need.

Because the previous 14 transfer windows weren't enough evidence, apparently.