THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Brady's left peg

Re: Half Year Financial Results

Post by Brady's left peg »

Dan_85 wrote:Oh look, we made a loss before player sales. What a brilliantly run club.

Matchday income down too. The Arsenal "Sesame Street" marketing model will simply ramp up ticket costs to cover the shortfall no doubt.
Ticket prices frozen next season, even our board and owner have eyes and the empty seats are a telling sign of things to come.

Kroenke out :evil: :evil: :evil:

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

We are fucked if we don't get into the "Champions" league via the magical 4th place trophy then.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Half year trophy results...sweet fanny adams :banghead: who gives a fuck about profits..when we never win(or even compete) for any trophies :banghead: it just makes it all the more galling when you consider we sold Van Cuntface(on tick) to that shower of manc *word censored* :banghead:
A half decent manager with a set of bollocks would've told that auld weegie alky to fuck off when he phoned up.. something along the lines of "fuck off sir bawbag we dont need to sell and especially not to you lot you shower of subhuman *word censored*,goodbye"

Brady's left peg

Revgoon89 wrote:We are fucked if we don't get into the "Champions" league via the magical 4th place trophy then.
Exactly...... and this is where the board have let us down badly, A bit more investment in the playing side of things and we wouldn't be struggling for fourth place!
Well run club my arse! AFC not PLC!!!!

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Brady's left peg wrote:
Revgoon89 wrote:We are fucked if we don't get into the "Champions" league via the magical 4th place trophy then.
Exactly...... and this is where the board have let us down badly, A bit more investment in the playing side of things and we wouldn't be struggling for fourth place!
Well run club my arse! AFC not PLC!!!!

Thing also is, if we didn't sell our best players we'd still be fucked even with Champions League, it just goes to show the level of financial mis-management at the club, as well as showing they care more about the business than the sport. Not that I need to remind any of you about that. :(

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

Well I guess all this means is a big pay rise for Ivan and another good year for the Arse! :barscarf:

It pains me to think what we could do with £123m. We could sign two or three "Super, super quality players" and cut ticket prices massively and still have our good old rainy day fund in case we don't make the Champions League. But that that would only happen if we were Arsenal FC, and we're Arsenal PLC :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ArsenalN5

Post by ArsenalN5 »

Without player sales and property sales, We make a loss. So that means we need to sell our best players in order to make a profit.

We aren't in as good a position financially as we thought. But, It is just half year results.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

ArsenalN5 wrote:Without player sales and property sales, We make a loss. So that means we need to sell our best players in order to make a profit.

We aren't in as good a position financially as we thought. But, It is just half year results.
3 seasons ago we made a million pound loss if I remember right at the half way finance results so they are still laughing

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

ArsenalN5 wrote:Without player sales and property sales, We make a loss. So that means we need to sell our best players in order to make a profit.

We seem to be the only club that deem it necessary to try make a profit EVERY year. It's one thing to balance the books but you don't always have to have a surplus. Some years you can take a loss for the long term benefit.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

next year TV money + sponsorship deal + shirt deal provides more than we made from player sales
on that basis I thought it was insane for us not to buy the players we so desperately needed this winter
(I said an extra left back, goalie and striker) IMO we've foolishly gambled our top four status

Brady's left peg

highburyJD wrote:next year TV money + sponsorship deal + shirt deal provides more than we made from player sales
on that basis I thought it was insane for us not to buy the players we so desperately needed this winter
(I said an extra left back, goalie and striker) IMO we've foolishly gambled our top four status
Spot on.....

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

skizz_b wrote:overall profit of £17.8m
player sale profit of £42.5m
turnover down a bit....
but cash reserves of £123.3m

who's going to get the most angry in this thread? there's an "angriest reply" post up for grabs here... :lol:
What a colossal pile of steaming, fly infested horse shit.

We're out of all 3 cup competitions with barely a f u c k i n g whimper; we've got f u c k all chance of winning the Premier League but all is rosy in the bank accounts of the directors / manager / players because we sell out every match and sell our best players. WHAT ABOUT SPENDING SOME OF OUR MONEY AND WINNING A F U C K I N G TROPHY YOU SPINELESS RETARDS ? ?

I don't remember ever attending a Sunday morning open top parade in May because the Club made a f u c k i n g profit nor do I remember seeing a shitting honours board with "Profit Years" shown on it.

Kroenke Wenger and Gazidis must be pissing themselves laughing all the while people keep paying caviar prices for mouldy f u c k i n g sausages. BOLLOCKS TO THE LOT OF THEM!! :banghead:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

skizz_b wrote:overall profit of £17.8m
player sale profit of £42.5m
turnover down a bit....
but cash reserves of £123.3m

who's going to get the most angry in this thread? there's an "angriest reply" post up for grabs here... :lol:
should people be angry because we've made too much money...
or not enough?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wenger will be rubbing his hands...that's his year end bonus sorted already, Ivan will be positively masturbating over his bonus now that we have secured the profits trophy at this stage of the season!

A wage bill of almost 150m and not one world class player in the squad and all hopes pinned on a young English lad who is not long back from a career threatening injury. What a disgraceful way this club of ours is run!! :banghead:
Mis-management from top to bottom and yet the muppet in charge sits in front of the cameras and tells us how well the club is run financially blah blah blah and how we can get 2nd place.
Say goodbye to Wilshere within 18 months because this club are going to sell our souls to make a buck.
(unts, the lot of them. :(

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Nothing new here.

Money in bank offsets stadium debt.
When money in bank = the outstanding stadium debt, Kronke decides if he sells up or not.