Arsenal v Manure

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Re: Arsenal v Manure

Post by TheCook »

Totally agree that the players should do the guard of honour, but the fans have no part to play in that ; If all fans stayed in the concourse until it was done would be pretty funny, but sadly impossible to organise.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TheCook wrote:Totally agree that the players should do the guard of honour, but the fans have no part to play in that ; If all fans stayed in the concourse until it was done would be pretty funny, but sadly impossible to organise.
:lol: Now THAT would be very funny AND Effective - the media would deffo pick up on that.....Or maybe everyone wear Black (BSM scarves/hats etc) and anyhting else - as in 'Mourning'.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

TheCook wrote:Totally agree that the players should do the guard of honour, but the fans have no part to play in that ; If all fans stayed in the concourse until it was done would be pretty funny, but sadly impossible to organise.
Why would it be impossible to organise.?.it works most games without any orgainising. :D
Any protest on Sunday is going to be lost because the media will delight in highlighting it as bad sportsmanship. I agree that a mass clearout on the full time whistle V Wigan would send a better message.

Goose

Post by Goose »

Stay in the concourse and miss us parading our balance sheet?? :lol:

I am sure we will receive virtual a guard of honour when secure the virtual trophy :barscarf: :roll:

In all seriousness I would like to see Wenger and the board in the guard of honour as the shame of this whole scenario should be theirs.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Give them the guard of honour, it shows a lack of class, they did it for us in 1991.

When they come out by all means boo to your hearts content. Arsenal fans are good at that .

:)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Goose wrote:In all seriousness I would like to see Wenger and the board in the guard of honour as the shame of this whole scenario should be theirs.
This.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

nut flush gooner wrote:Give them the guard of honour, it shows a lack of class, they did it for us in 1991.

When they come out by all means boo to your hearts content. Arsenal fans are good at that .

:)
Bit different in 1991 as they were the away team....

Given the circumstances I think we'd be looked down upon by fans of every other PL club if we showed RVP and United any respect at all.... Turning our backs Poznan style is the least they can surely expect!

Besides, whether you believe that the decision to leave was RVP's alone or motivated by the Board's desire to bring in yet more cash, or a mixture of the two....showing respect kind of means we're complicit. And regardless of why it happened, I wouldn't want anyone to think we agreed with it or now accept it!
Last edited by MK Gould on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Dan_85 wrote:
Goose wrote:In all seriousness I would like to see Wenger and the board in the guard of honour as the shame of this whole scenario should be theirs.
This.
+1

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Turning our backs? Booing?

Jesus, we really have got little club syndrome now haven't we? By next season we'll be singing "E I E I E I O" and "Yer gonna win fock all"

Not only has our transfer policy turned us into the West Ham of Europe but we're now behaving like them too. They still boo Paul Ince when he goes anywhere near the ground and his son for being....err Paul Ince's son. We'll be doing the same to RvP in 20 years probably at this rate

Just applaud - they are the best team in the country by a mile and have the best centre forward in the country by a mile

Anyway, we've reinvested the money wisely on one of Germany's best ever goalscorers that we are currently deploying as 3rd choice left wing back and the Mighty Man of Montpellier.......so what's there to be bitter about eh?

ONE ARSENE WENGER.........THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Turning our backs? Booing?

Jesus, we really have got little club syndrome now haven't we? By next season we'll be singing "E I E I E I O" and "Yer gonna win fock all"

Not only has our transfer policy turned us into the West Ham of Europe but we're now behaving like them too. They still boo Paul Ince when he goes anywhere near the ground and his son for being....err Paul Ince's son. We'll be doing the same to RvP in 20 years probably at this rate

Just applaud - they are the best team in the country by a mile and have the best centre forward in the country by a mile

Anyway, we've reinvested the money wisely on one of Germany's best ever goalscorers that we are currently deploying as 3rd choice left wing back and the Mighty Man of Montpellier.......so what's there to be bitter about eh?

Have to agree with SteveO here ^

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Extra pint in the pub before heading to the ground. No way I'm watching *word censored* like Evra parade around our ground.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

There will have to be a couple of 'Wenger & Kroenke Out' banners up at the stadium, surely?

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Wengerballs wrote:There will have to be a couple of 'Wenger & Kroenke Out' banners up at the stadium, surely?
I doubt it. We've just gone on a phenomenal run beating the true giants of the PL - you know, Reading, Norwich, Fulham, Swansea and West Brom. What on earth is the matter?

"Be careful what you wish for"!

:barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:Turning our backs? Booing?

Totally agree!

I thought taunting Norwich fans recently with '' Who are ya? Who are ya? '' after our miraculous comeback was as low as it got but I fear our crowd will hit a new low this Sunday. For me there is nothing more wanky in football than the fucking Poznan. I despair at the thought of seeing this sort of shite happening at Arsenal.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal 5m
Arsene Wenger says #Arsenal will need "a great performance" to beat #MUFC, even if the champions relax
:coffeespit: