Gold membership renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Gold membership renewals

Post by QuartzGooner »

Clash has posted on another thread that renewal deadline for Gold Tickets is Friday 7 June 2013.

augie

Re: Gold membership renewals

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:Just had an email from Arsenal saying:

Gold Membership Renewals Deadline Extended To 7th June

''We would like to remind you that your Gold level membership renewal window for the 2013/14 season closes on Friday 7th June. If you would like to guarantee your seat for the 2013/14 season renew today''.

Does this suggest they're not selling too well and hardly anyone has renewed? I still haven't decided what to do even though the original deadline was tomorrow. I was planning on waiting for at least one reminder, just to annoy them (even though they couldn't give a sh*t).

(sorry if this is the wrong thread for this)

Same as that buddy - not sure if I can be arsed to shell out approx €2500 plus traveling expenses to support a club with only financial ambitions :( Am in the process of trying to rent it out and in all like likelihood if that doesn't pan out then I will give them up. It's sad that, even though finances are a lot tighter, it is a lack of confidence in the club that will make this decision for me - if I knew for certain that we would have a new manager installed within the next 12 months then I would try and scrape the money together but the all too real possibility of arsehole wenker getting a new deal is too much for me

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

QuartzGooner wrote:Clash has posted on another thread that renewal deadline for Gold Tickets is Friday 7 June 2013.
Yeah and his post has disappeared! What did you do Quartz? :lol: :wink:

BTW I split this from the 2010 thread you dug up. Couldn't see the point so let me know if I missed something important.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Renewed my 2 memberships nearly 2 weeks ago... today I've received my membership renewal paperwork by post! !
What a waste of money if they're doing this with everyone thats already renewed ...

Sort it out Arsenal! !!!!

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Emails quoted 1st June but postal reminders(received yesterday!) say 7th June. After much deliberation renewed both last night. Just hope it's worth it ! Took a lot to find the money in one hit (why no monthly option you greedy bastards),last chance saloon as won't do it again if ,as I fear, it's same old again.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Emails quoted 1st June but postal reminders(received yesterday!) say 7th June. After much deliberation renewed both last night. Just hope it's worth it ! Took a lot to find the money in one hit (why no monthly option you greedy bastards),last chance saloon as won't do it again if ,as I fear, it's same old again.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i sent the cheque. post dated July 1st. told em i needed to save up.

i'm waiting to see who we sign. if no-one, i'll just cancel the cheque and tell em...

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

mattyb wrote:Renewed my 2 memberships nearly 2 weeks ago... today I've received my membership renewal paperwork by post! !
What a waste of money if they're doing this with everyone thats already renewed ...

Same here paid mine, then get the renewal today, twats!

Goose

Post by Goose »

Wilko 49er wrote:
mattyb wrote:Renewed my 2 memberships nearly 2 weeks ago... today I've received my membership renewal paperwork by post! !

Same here paid mine, then get the renewal today, twats!
Tried renewing for the whole family and they said as my nephew is 17 and no longer a junior gunner he can stay in his seat in the family enclosure as a cannon club member but his Dad has to move as he no longer needs to be chaperoned. They reckon they wrote to him but he has received nothing.

I thought i would speak to my brother first but he told me his renewal dropped on the mat that morning with no mention of needing to move. He tried calling them and they said that they have no idea whats going on but need to call back monday - classy club :rubchin:
Last edited by Goose on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goose

Post by Goose »

augie wrote:

''We would like to remind you that your Gold level membership renewal window for the 2013/14 season closes on Friday 7th June. If you would like to guarantee your seat for the 2013/14 season renew today''.

Does this suggest they're not selling too well and hardly anyone has renewed? I still haven't decided what to do even though the original deadline was tomorrow. I was planning on waiting for at least one reminder, just to annoy them (even though they couldn't give a sh*t).

Same as that buddy - not sure if I can be arsed to shell out approx €2500 plus traveling expenses to support a club with only financial ambitions :( Am in the process of trying to rent it out and in all like likelihood if that doesn't pan out then I will give them up. It's sad that, even though finances are a lot tighter, it is a lack of confidence in the club that will make this decision for me - if I knew for certain that we would have a new manager installed within the next 12 months then I would try and scrape the money together but the all too real possibility of arsehole wenker getting a new deal is too much for me

Augie,
A couple of people i know have contacted the club to take a year off from having a season ticket. They can get one a year later but not assured of their old seat. You may want to give this a go!

Shellshock

Post by Shellshock »

I shall not be renewing my season ticket. Nor will my son. We've had enough. Shame, really -that was 53 years of following football that was sometimes great and sometimes woeful but was never, until lately, reminiscent of a chess match.

I shall find something else that I can connect with and where I'm vaguely appreciated.

My last post on here too. Good luck to you all.

S

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Shellshock wrote:I shall not be renewing my season ticket. Nor will my son. We've had enough. Shame, really -that was 53 years of following football that was sometimes great and sometimes woeful but was never, until lately, reminiscent of a chess match.

I shall find something else that I can connect with and where I'm vaguely appreciated.

My last post on here too. Good luck to you all.

S

I can understand giving up your season ticket, as the costs just do not justify the outlay for the joy / satisfaction delivered as a return but why, so it appears, are you completely giving up 53 years worth of Arsenal ?

Going to the odd match, without the financial and emotional drain of having to attend every game may well be a therapeutic release and enlighten your passion once again.

Also, not sure why not attending matches means that you are unable to post views on Arsenal on here. You should have plenty of spare time on your hands now.

augie

Post by augie »

Goose wrote:
augie wrote:

Augie,
A couple of people i know have contacted the club to take a year off from having a season ticket. They can get one a year later but not assured of their old seat. You may want to give this a go!

Thanks goose - have actually contacted the club in an effort to suss this out but am not sure I want to face prospect of myself and my kid being shafted into the upper tier in 12 months time so will probably either renew or walk away altogether. If I knew what manager would be in charge of us starting the 2014/2015 season then it would make decision a lot easier for me

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Lee1 wrote:Emails quoted 1st June but postal reminders(received yesterday!) say 7th June. After much deliberation renewed both last night. Just hope it's worth it ! Took a lot to find the money in one hit (why no monthly option you greedy bastards),last chance saloon as won't do it again if ,as I fear, it's same old again.
There is...

...with other greedy barstewards

:twisted:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I forgot to renew - missed the 1st, just meant you get another email, renewed now